Advice from the well informed

Old Jun 10th 2009, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

dearmausi1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice from the well informed

Hello every one,
i have few question that needs to be clarified before i start my validation trip.
i was granted a visa on 13th march 2009 in 176 state and i need to make a first entry by 8 august 2009. i am entering australia (brisbane on 29 of july)
couple of question for u all , any input is helpful.

as this is my validation/vacation trip only and i am flying out in about 5 or 6 days. after this trip can i enter and leave any time from australia??? meaning there is no time limit i need to worry about??

i know in order to extend the 176 visa beyond 5 years i have to be in australia for at least 2 years?? and 4 years for citizenship... question is these 2 years ?? or 4 years limit?? counts as consecutive days or accumulation of all the days in australia during a 5 year time??
Thanks in Advance to every one

Last edited by dearmausi1; Jun 10th 2009 at 6:39 pm. Reason: change the headline
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

rotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nice
Default Re: Advice from the well informed

Your visa is valid for 5 years since date of first entry. My understanding is that it is very hard (read: next to impossible) to get a Returning Resident Visa if you have not resided in Australia for at least 2 years in these 5 years.

So, in theory, you can re-enter Australia 4 years, 11 months and 30 days after your validation trip and your residence permit will still be valid but to get a RRV you'll need to stay in the country for some long period of time before your application could be granted.

To become a citizen, you need to be physically present in Australia at least 3 years during the last 4 years preceding your citizenship application.

Hope that helps.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

wijay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I think any visa is a multy entry visa, means that you can travel in and out Australia any time you want as long as the visa still valid.

For 2 years or 4 years, I think it is accumulative, not consecutive. I think this apply universally around the world.

regards
Old Jun 11th 2009, 3:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wijay
Hi
I think any visa is a multy entry visa, means that you can travel in and out Australia any time you want as long as the visa still valid.

For 2 years or 4 years, I think it is accumulative, not consecutive. I think this apply universally around the world.

regards
There is no such thing as worldwide visa rules. Each country sets its own rules.

The OP should be reading the guidelines on Return Resident Visas and citizenship.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:31 pm
Reg Migration Agent

chelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nice

Originally Posted by dearmausi1
Hello every one,
i have few question that needs to be clarified before i start my validation trip.
i was granted a visa on 13th march 2009 in 176 state and i need to make a first entry by 8 august 2009. i am entering australia (brisbane on 29 of july)
couple of question for u all , any input is helpful.

as this is my validation/vacation trip only and i am flying out in about 5 or 6 days. after this trip can i enter and leave any time from australia??? meaning there is no time limit i need to worry about??

i know in order to extend the 176 visa beyond 5 years i have to be in australia for at least 2 years?? and 4 years for citizenship... question is these 2 years ?? or 4 years limit?? counts as consecutive days or accumulation of all the days in australia during a 5 year time??
Thanks in Advance to every one

If your 176 is state sponsored then you will need to inform them of your arrival! Do you have any intention of living and working in the state who have sponsored you?

Last edited by chelov62; Jun 11th 2009 at 12:32 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 12th 2009, 4:49 am
Just Joined

dearmausi1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chelov62
If your 176 is state sponsored then you will need to inform them of your arrival! Do you have any intention of living and working in the state who have sponsored you?
Thanks, yes i am going to brisbane and i wuld like to live and work there.
the reason i asked the question is for the time being i only want to validate my visa, than enter later date when all my affairs been settled in my original country. since i have a business in my native country and therefore it will take couple of years to completely finish that off , for that time i will be moving back and forth between ausi and native.....3 or 4 months in ausi and rest in native since the business is seasonal and i can spend all winter in ausi..
i would like to know as i asked already , is the 730 days limit accumulative or consecutive??
Thanks for your reply in advance
Old Jun 12th 2009, 6:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dearmausi1
Thanks, yes i am going to brisbane and i wuld like to live and work there.
the reason i asked the question is for the time being i only want to validate my visa, than enter later date when all my affairs been settled in my original country. since i have a business in my native country and therefore it will take couple of years to completely finish that off , for that time i will be moving back and forth between ausi and native.....3 or 4 months in ausi and rest in native since the business is seasonal and i can spend all winter in ausi..
i would like to know as i asked already , is the 730 days limit accumulative or consecutive??
Thanks for your reply in advance
Its cumulative. They do not have to be consecutive.