Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

advice sought on secondary applicant's IELTS scores, Mr.Lombard, Mr.Collette, Jeremy, Pls help.

advice sought on secondary applicant's IELTS scores, Mr.Lombard, Mr.Collette, Jeremy, Pls help.

Old Mar 12th 2002, 3:35 am
Biren

Default advice sought on secondary applicant's IELTS scores, Mr.Lombard, Mr.Collette, Jeremy, Pls help.

I am 28 yr old guy into non IT and I have applied to DIMIA after getting a positive
assessment for the 50 point category, having claimed 20 points for my IELTS.(My
points total at 105) My spouse is the secondary applicant as I have to claim her 5
points. She has been assessed positive in the 40 point office manager category and
have got her IELTS scores as follows: Bands Listening :6 Reading :5 Writing :7
Speaking :8

I want your advise on whether her IELTS scores are acceptable for my application or
should she sit again for the test as she has got 5 bands in reading?

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old Mar 12th 2002, 5:51 am
Just Joined

Bahadur Basanti is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: advice sought on secondary applicant's IELTS scores, Mr.Lombard, Mr.Collette, Jeremy, Pls help.

Hi Biren

The primary applicant must have required english skills so you will need to prove that you have skills to claim 20 points.

Bahadur Basanti
Old Mar 12th 2002, 6:02 am
Just Joined

Bahadur Basanti is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: advice sought on secondary applicant's IELTS scores, Mr.Lombard, Mr.Collette, Jeremy, Pls help.

Sorry Biren I misunderstood your question.Your wife need to
show only vocational level of english skills. IELTS score of at least 5 on each of the four components of the test is enough to prove vocational level of english.
Bahadur Basanti
Old Mar 12th 2002, 5:35 pm
Biren Shah

Thanks, Bahadur Basanti, Your advice came as a relief.-Biren

"Bahadur Basanti" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Sorry Biren I misunderstood your question.Your wife need to show only vocational
    > level of english skills. IELTS score of at least 5 on each of the four components
    > of the test is enough to prove vocational level of english. Bahadur Basanti
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > bevo
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG