Advice needed!! Student Visa for Brit.

Old Jun 3rd 2014, 8:37 am
Just Joined

jordfaye is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice needed!! Student Visa for Brit.

Hi there,

I am hoping to get some advice from you all.

I will start at the beginning, i am currently on a student visa on an exchange programme from my university in the UK. I have been here since July 2013 and my visa runs out on the 30th August 2014.

I have already been on a 2 year working holiday visa, after my sponsorship fell through at the last hour, i had to move back to the UK where i enrolled in a hospitality degree in the hopes that i could apply for WA state sponsorship after my degree. I decided to to do the exchange year for my second year at university in Australia as i missed it so much.

However, i have fallen in love with an Australian .

We have been together since February and have been living together for the last month. With my visa running out he applied to go to the UK on an exchange as he is also at university, so we could build up evidence of our relationship and return to Australia on a De Facto visa next March. However, we have just found out today that this will not be possible.

We do not want to leave each other but he cannot leave his degree for a year, but i can.

The only option i can think of is going to do a TAFE course till March, so stay on a student visa then transfer to a De Facto after a year.

I am 25 he is 24.

Can anybody else see any other possibility of me staying?

Has anybody else done a TAFE course to stay in oz?

thanks so much for reading

Jord
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed!! Student Visa for Brit.

Well most people do not have that many options to chose from. If you can't get a student visa, then I guess there really only leave employer sponsored or skilled migration left, however I am guessing you do not have the skills / work experience required for those.

The only other thing, get married, it will be less onerous in terms of proving a joint life, although quick marriages can attract scrutiny as well.