British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Advice on moving to Aus with an LLB (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/advice-moving-aus-llb-931458/)

sarahe331 Mar 1st 2020 11:20 pm

Advice on moving to Aus with an LLB

Hi! I’m looking for some advice on the process of moving to Aus for myself and my partner. We will be able to get sponsorship from a family member of my partners in Australia I believe and we are wanting to migrate permanently if everything works out. My partner comes under a skilled worked under his trade and experience, however for myself with the timing of when we leave I will have gained my LLB (law degree) and I want to per-sue this further in Aus. I’ve had a look at a fair few articles online, about taking further exams in Aus in order to be able to work over there etc. I was just wondering if anyone had some advice on best steps to take and visa wise for myself. (Sorry if i sound a bit clueless) i would add aswell i have experience in other areas that aren't law such as work in telecommunications but i’m not sure this counts for anything. I’ve been saving for years and its a big dream of mine and my partners to be able to live and work in Aus and I appreciate it may not be the easiest process to get my career fully on track in Law in another country, but I am willing to put in the work. Any feedback or information would be so appreciated, thankyou in advance!

quoll Mar 2nd 2020 5:48 am

Re: Advice on moving to Aus with an LLB

Won't you be going on your partner's visa as a dependent?

sarahe331 Mar 2nd 2020 11:40 am

Originally Posted by quoll (Post 12814516)
Won't you be going on your partner's visa as a dependent?

I’ve been looking into that and I believe I can, we aren't married but apparently if you can prove you’ve been together a while etc that can work! I just wanted to make sure I’ve covered all grounds. ☺️

Pollyana Mar 2nd 2020 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by sarahe331 (Post 12814636)
I’ve been looking into that and I believe I can, we aren't married but apparently if you can prove you’ve been together a while etc that can work! I just wanted to make sure I’ve covered all grounds. ☺️

You need to be able to prove that you have been in a de facto relationship for at least 12 months.

Dorothy Mar 2nd 2020 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by sarahe331 (Post 12814636)

Not just "been together", but living together in a marriage like relationship.