Advice on moving to Aus with an LLB

Old Mar 1st 2020, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

sarahe331 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on moving to Aus with an LLB

Hi! I’m looking for some advice on the process of moving to Aus for myself and my partner. We will be able to get sponsorship from a family member of my partners in Australia I believe and we are wanting to migrate permanently if everything works out. My partner comes under a skilled worked under his trade and experience, however for myself with the timing of when we leave I will have gained my LLB (law degree) and I want to per-sue this further in Aus. I’ve had a look at a fair few articles online, about taking further exams in Aus in order to be able to work over there etc. I was just wondering if anyone had some advice on best steps to take and visa wise for myself. (Sorry if i sound a bit clueless) i would add aswell i have experience in other areas that aren't law such as work in telecommunications but i’m not sure this counts for anything. I’ve been saving for years and its a big dream of mine and my partners to be able to live and work in Aus and I appreciate it may not be the easiest process to get my career fully on track in Law in another country, but I am willing to put in the work. Any feedback or information would be so appreciated, thankyou in advance!
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 5:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on moving to Aus with an LLB

Won't you be going on your partner's visa as a dependent?
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 11:40 am
Just Joined

sarahe331 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by quoll
Won't you be going on your partner's visa as a dependent?
I’ve been looking into that and I believe I can, we aren't married but apparently if you can prove you’ve been together a while etc that can work! I just wanted to make sure I’ve covered all grounds. ☺️
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 12:47 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahe331
I’ve been looking into that and I believe I can, we aren't married but apparently if you can prove you’ve been together a while etc that can work! I just wanted to make sure I’ve covered all grounds. ☺️
You need to be able to prove that you have been in a de facto relationship for at least 12 months.
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 9:01 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahe331
Not just "been together", but living together in a marriage like relationship.