Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Advice on How to proceed with applying for visa.

Advice on How to proceed with applying for visa.

Old Jun 30th 2009, 8:54 am
Just Joined

markkp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on How to proceed with applying for visa.

Hi All

Myself and my fiancée are looking at emigrating to Ozz (Poss W.A). And planning to register for the visa process in the next few months.

She is a registered nurse so looks as if we will apply for a joint visa on the back of her skill as this is on the SOL, where as my skill is not (Security and Risk Manager).

If we use one of the many agencies out there do they do all the paper work and mediate between the Immigration/Visa Department and ourselves.
What information do they look at to see that we are indeed a couple.

I know pretty Vauge questions but any info from those that have 'been there done that got the T shirt' would be appreactied

Regards
Old Jun 30th 2009, 9:30 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on How to proceed with applying for visa.

There's lots to consider, but one thing that pops straight to mind is that you need to start collecting evidence together to prove your relationship in order to get the spouse (de facto) part in order. Look for things like joint mortgage/rent agreements, bank accounts in joint names, utilities bills in joint names - anything that proves you are a committed couple over years.

Best wishes
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:22 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markkp
Hi All

Myself and my fiancée are looking at emigrating to Ozz (Poss W.A). And planning to register for the visa process in the next few months.

She is a registered nurse so looks as if we will apply for a joint visa on the back of her skill as this is on the SOL, where as my skill is not (Security and Risk Manager).

If we use one of the many agencies out there do they do all the paper work and mediate between the Immigration/Visa Department and ourselves.
What information do they look at to see that we are indeed a couple.

I know pretty Vauge questions but any info from those that have 'been there done that got the T shirt' would be appreactied

Regards
Your place to start is booklet 6 at www.immi.gov.au for what you need to do to apply for a visa. First step is for your partner to get her skills assessment done.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 8:59 pm
Account Closed

Kayelem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Your place to start is booklet 6 at www.immi.gov.au for what you need to do to apply for a visa. First step is for your partner to get her skills assessment done.
I would say do it yourself. As your wife is a nurse, like myself she will be well and truly used to paperwork so shouldn't be too much trouble. We are going on my OH occupation as I havn't been qualified long enough yet. We found getting OHs references the biggest hurdle as none of his previous employers where in a hurry to do them. Once you have read, read and read again it does start to fit together and the folks on this forum are fab at answering any questions. Your wife needs to book her IELTS test as all UK nurses have to do one now I think from 1st July and places get booked up quickly and as the previous post says get her skills asessed. Good luck.