Advice

Old Jan 11th 2005, 8:44 am
Just Joined

tomo38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Advice

I am currenly looking into moving to NZ with my wife and two kids, the company that we have looked into doing this with has said with the cost of everything(visa, applications for this and that and lots more) will with the flights for all of us in Jan 06 will come to around 9 to 10 Thousand. This seems a lot to me even though they will find you a job sort out bank accounts and give free advice on anything you want. Has anyone used a company to move to NZ, if so, how much roughly did it cost you.

Thanks
Old Jan 11th 2005, 8:53 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice

Hi, I have replied to your email, but basically Oz agents charge around £1500 to £3000, so what you are quoted does seem a bit steep!
Old Jan 11th 2005, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bridiej
Hi, I have replied to your email, but basically Oz agents charge around £1500 to £3000, so what you are quoted does seem a bit steep!
Hi,

Thanks I got that e-mail, I was just wondering if anyone else paid anywhere near that amount, I am not sure how much they think the flights will be though
Old Jan 11th 2005, 9:09 am
A Mate

Google - flight prices are very much in the public domain - and quite cheap
(after January 24th or so especially)!!

"tomo38" <member34331@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    >> Hi, I have replied to your email, but basically Oz agents charge
    >> around £1500 to £3000, so what you are quoted does seem a bit steep!
    > Hi,
    > Thanks I got that e-mail, I was just wondering if anyone else paid
    > anywhere near that amount, I am not sure how much they think the flights
    > will be though
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jan 11th 2005, 9:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

When you say they find you a job and everything, are they just an agent or are they offering a complete relocation package? In which case it would be more expensive as they are doing all the legwork for you.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 9:13 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
A agree - airfares would be approx £3000, agent fees and application fees another 2000-3000. I would find out where the other 4-5k is going.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
When you say they find you a job and everything, are they just an agent or are they offering a complete relocation package? In which case it would be more expensive as they are doing all the legwork for you.
Hi,

Yes they would be finding a job and doing all the leg work, I think all we have to do is send them cheques every so often and sign some forms and turn up for a small interview and the medical. The way they have described the process of applying makes it seem very complicated and they take all this hassle away from you
Old Jan 11th 2005, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wargod
A agree - airfares would be approx £3000, agent fees and application fees another 2000-3000. I would find out where the other 4-5k is going.
Thanks,

I think what I shall do is get a break down of it all then post another thread and see what you think

Cheers
Old Jan 11th 2005, 9:46 am
errm back to Perth!

FozzieBear is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems a high price to pay, but you get a decent security blanket thrown in I guess.

I was scared (and still am a bit) by the forms, the fiascos, and the financing but if you download and print off all the forms and take a while to digest everything it seems quite straight forwards - plus with the wealth of advice on here, it may will be 'easy' to do on your own.

Your ten big ones does include a job which on the face of it looks to be costing you about 5 grand *zoiks* and I guess if you have the money and want that extra security then go for it.

Good luck either way!!

Fozzie