addresses for oz/uk police checks

Old Jul 22nd 2004, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Default addresses for oz/uk police checks

hi there,
i am just filling in forms ready to send off oz police checks and they ask for your addresses for last 10 years, i also imagine u do the same for uk police checks. how accurate do u have to be? asking because i have lived in so many houses/flats, as been a student etc. i am struggling to remember all addressess, will this casue a problem? also i dont think i have been registered at all my addresses, will this matter? i ask this in relation to both UK and OZ police checks
cheers for any help
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 4:20 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: addresses for oz/uk police checks

Originally posted by threlly
hi there,
i am just filling in forms ready to send off oz police checks and they ask for your addresses for last 10 years, i also imagine u do the same for uk police checks. how accurate do u have to be? asking because i have lived in so many houses/flats, as been a student etc. i am struggling to remember all addressess, will this casue a problem? also i dont think i have been registered at all my addresses, will this matter? i ask this in relation to both UK and OZ police checks
cheers for any help
Hi Threlly

Well as far as uk ones go just put roughly where and when you lived. If you weren't registered where you lived then there will be no trace of you, so wouldn't bother going through all the hassle

Walla
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney

hi walla1,
what do u mean dont bother going through all the hassle? do u mean leave these addresses out? if so, i have had so many addresses and havent got a clue where i was/wasn't registered, will this be a problem? shall i just put down all my addresses and rough dates and leave it at that, i have no criminal record , so it shouldn't be a problem should it?
thanks for help walla 1
cheers

Originally posted by walla1
Hi Threlly

Well as far as uk ones go just put roughly where and when you lived. If you weren't registered where you lived then there will be no trace of you, so wouldn't bother going through all the hassle

Walla
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 6:22 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Threlly

I would especially if you can't remember them. I think if one has a criminal record it would be easily traceable through name and date of birth, I think? You just want to hope nobody has the same name and DOB as you especially if they are a criminal!!! Just jesting!!

As mentioned before if you are not registered at an address then there is no trace of you anyway, by any body of authority.

Basically I would only put the addresses you were registered at, that's if you can remember them!! Oh happy student days!!

As re your previous post one check covers all ie local police send to Scotland Yard as someone has said.

Hope this helps

Walla
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 9:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by walla1
Hi Threlly

I would especially if you can't remember them. I think if one has a criminal record it would be easily traceable through name and date of birth, I think? You just want to hope nobody has the same name and DOB as you especially if they are a criminal!!! Just jesting!!

As mentioned before if you are not registered at an address then there is no trace of you anyway, by any body of authority.

Basically I would only put the addresses you were registered at, that's if you can remember them!! Oh happy student days!!

As re your previous post one check covers all ie local police send to Scotland Yard as someone has said.

Hope this helps

Walla
The main reason for asking for addresses is for elimination of confirmation of records. If they turn up a record with a name similar to yours, and with a similar date of birth, the next thing to look at is the address, to see if it matches the address on arrest, or is even in the same area.
Put what you can remember, or something like "numerous student pads, can't remember them all".
If they need more details for elimination they'll come back to you, though that is very unlikely!

Pollyana

(former records checker)
Old Jul 24th 2004, 10:33 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

hi walla1,
what do u mean dont bother going through all the hassle? do u mean leave these addresses out? if so, i have had so many addresses and havent got a clue where i was/wasn't registered, will this be a problem? shall i just put down all my addresses and rough dates and leave it at that, i have no criminal record , so it shouldn't be a problem should it?
thanks for help walla 1
cheers
Just do the best you can. If you have any further queires just chat to the relevant person at your local constabulary... i was in a similar position and was surprised how helpful they were
Old Jul 25th 2004, 7:34 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by jjonboy
Just do the best you can. If you have any further queires just chat to the relevant person at your local constabulary... i was in a similar position and was surprised how helpful they were

I lived in 4 different addresses for the 4 years I was at uni. I must admit I think I only put two of them down as I simply couldn't remember the others!! Plus the fact, that the only time I had anything to do with the police (a break-in on my car & a friend of mine got hit with fireworks - I went to Bradford whilst the riots were on, nice place ) I gave my parents address as my official address anyway!
Old Jul 25th 2004, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks for that reply. my main worry i suppose is that because i have had so many addresses, especially as a student, i never really registered at these addresses. anyway the police check as gone now, so its too late now.

Originally posted by mlbonner
I lived in 4 different addresses for the 4 years I was at uni. I must admit I think I only put two of them down as I simply couldn't remember the others!! Plus the fact, that the only time I had anything to do with the police (a break-in on my car & a friend of mine got hit with fireworks - I went to Bradford whilst the riots were on, nice place ) I gave my parents address as my official address anyway!
Old Jul 25th 2004, 12:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that reply. my main worry i suppose is that because i have had so many addresses, especially as a student, i never really registered at these addresses. anyway the police check as gone now, so its too late now.
Don't worry, the UK police do not check whether you acually lived at those addresses, got on the voters list there, paid the bills there or anything. They aren't interested, and they have too many of these requests to process! They will only start investigating addresses if they are "interested" in you for another reason - elimination, as I've already said - unsolved crimes they suspect you of, that kind of thing.
Believe me, I know, I've done the job!!!
Old Jul 25th 2004, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

charlotteg is an unknown quantity at this point

Could anyone tell me for the police check if you have lived in another country for 364 days whether you have to get a police check for this too. I have lived in both France and Australia for just under a year at some point or another over the last 10 years.

Thanks,
Charlotte
Old Jul 25th 2004, 8:46 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by charlotteg
Could anyone tell me for the police check if you have lived in another country for 364 days whether you have to get a police check for this too. I have lived in both France and Australia for just under a year at some point or another over the last 10 years.

Thanks,
Charlotte

Would possibly suggest if you've got to the 50 week mark to get one done anyway, seems to be at the CO discretion as to how close to 365days it actually is.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 8:17 am
Just Joined

charlotteg is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Michelle.

I'm just trying to avoid getting documents from France. Theyreally are the most useless at returning anything. It was because of them that I was struck by the bombshell in May 2002 with the points change. I had all the information required less one document from france which I waited 4 months for. I do not place much faith in the french authorities!
Old Jul 26th 2004, 10:01 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally posted by charlotteg
Thanks Michelle.

I'm just trying to avoid getting documents from France. Theyreally are the most useless at returning anything. It was because of them that I was struck by the bombshell in May 2002 with the points change. I had all the information required less one document from france which I waited 4 months for. I do not place much faith in the french authorities!

I understand. I got caught up with the 3 month delay on OZ police checks at the beginning of the year. In the end I submitted my application anyway without it. I was never actually asked for it, depsite being just over a year across 3 years, but I know for those that were the CO's recognised the delay in processing and allowed extensions.

Might be something to consider