Additional Medical Request Advice Please

Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Robbie_Paula is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Additional Medical Request Advice Please

Additional Medical Request Advice Please

We submitted our VISA application in August and got a case officer on 2nd Feb, the meds were done as requested for only Me, my wife and our 2 kids and sent off on 2nd Feb. I have a daughter from a previous relationship who is not migrating with us and included her on the application as required. The original request from my CO only stated that we need to get medicals done for the me, my wife and 2 kids with no mention of my non migrating daughter from my previous relationship.

Hooray I thought, it's cheaper now and less hastle as she lives a long way away and arranging meds would be a real pain.

Then, after I resent our Police Checks again because we had not received any information back I get an email today from aspc.region.2.immi.gov.au stating

.....'Our records indicate that the Medical assessment for <Daughters Name> is still outstanding!'...:curse:

The communication did not come from our Case Officer and so I am wondering if another DIMA official simply checked our records and saw that we did not have meds done for our non migrating dependant and quickly dispatched the email without checking the original request from our CO.

What do I do?

Do we now arrange meds for my non migrating daughter as stated by someone who is not our CO and accept our VISA will now be delayed by a couple of months?:curse:

Do we try and contact our CO for clarification and if so how as we have never been given her email address?

Can CO's simply change their mind and additionally request other meds to be done that were not originally asked for?

Has anyone else had this happen and what did they do?

HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLP!

Robbie
Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:12 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Additional Medical Request Advice Please

From reading what other people have said here on various threads, you will have to get a medical done for your non-migrating daughter. She is still your dependant you see, therefore you are responsible for her after you migrate & theoretically she may need to migrate if circumstances change.

I know it's a pain, but if you do a search, you'll see threads from lots of others in your position who have had to get ex's to give permission for the non-migrating child to have the medical.

In very rare circumstances you might be able to get a waiver, but you will need a Stat Dec from your ex saying s/he refuses consent & even then they might still insist.

Best of luck
Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

As an example for you..

We're hoping that we come under the waiver circumstances as OH has court ordered indirect contact only with his daughter. We've got a stat dec from the ex refusing the medicals, a court statement noting the mothers refusal, a copy of the court order stating indirect contact only and a stat dec from OH explaining how the estrangement from his daughter came about but we're still anticipating problems.

If you have contact with your daughter there is almost no chance that you will come under the waiver option and I would think you can take it as read that DIAC will want her medicals to be done.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Robbie_Paula is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NikiL
As an example for you..

We're hoping that we come under the waiver circumstances as OH has court ordered indirect contact only with his daughter. We've got a stat dec from the ex refusing the medicals, a court statement noting the mothers refusal, a copy of the court order stating indirect contact only and a stat dec from OH explaining how the estrangement from his daughter came about but we're still anticipating problems.

If you have contact with your daughter there is almost no chance that you will come under the waiver option and I would think you can take it as read that DIAC will want her medicals to be done.
Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated.

Looks like we'll have the delay now in having to arrange meds for my non migrating dependant. Really frustrating as we'd arranged for her to do the meds with us originally once we got our Full Ack but cancelled them at the last minute when we got the letter from our CO only stating for the 4 of us to complete medicals and no mention of my other daughter.

Ho hum.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbie_Paula
Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated.

Looks like we'll have the delay now in having to arrange meds for my non migrating dependant. Really frustrating as we'd arranged for her to do the meds with us originally once we got our Full Ack but cancelled them at the last minute when we got the letter from our CO only stating for the 4 of us to complete medicals and no mention of my other daughter.

Ho hum.
Just a thought, how old is she? Don't know what happens with meds etc on non migrating kids when they reach 16 for example. The online forms that were available to us btw when we put the application in included meds forms for all 3 non migrating dependents, albeit I could only access the eldest 2's forms on the one occasion - after that they were nowhere to be seen.

Understand your frustration, but after seeing the hassle that steveandtina have gone through with permission having been denied for the meds for steves daughter, I think its safer to get them done.