Additional medical examination requested

Old Dec 6th 2010, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

abrahamin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Additional medical examination requested

Waseem,
your mode of correspondence will remain same. In all cases, besides updating your online status, they will contact you through email or whatever your communication mode is set with DIAC.

Originally Posted by ahmedwaseem2000
Today I can see that the status of our baby's medicals show it as finalised and my PCC is still showing as requested although the documents have been submitted quite some time back. I was assuming that the status would be updated along with the medical updates of our baby. However, in the document checklist I cant see anything listed about medicals.

My question is if the visa is reject what will be the mode of communication? is it again going to be the emails from the case officer? or will there be any status updated in the immi.gov.au website? If I dont get any sort of communication in next few days, say about a week or so. is it right for me to assume that the visa has not been rejected?

Thanks for your inputs!!
Old Dec 6th 2010, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

ahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura aboutahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura aboutahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by abrahamin
Waseem,
your mode of correspondence will remain same. In all cases, besides updating your online status, they will contact you through email or whatever your communication mode is set with DIAC.
Thanks Abrahamin. the second qurestion wanted to know If I dont get any sort of communication in next few days about rejection due to health requirements failure, say about a week or so. is it right for me to assume that the visa has not been rejected due to health requirements failure?
Old Dec 6th 2010, 9:32 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Abrahamin. the second qurestion wanted to know If I dont get any sort of communication in next few days about rejection due to health requirements failure, say about a week or so. is it right for me to assume that the visa has not been rejected due to health requirements failure?
No, it's not right for you to assume anything. It may take a day or it may take a year for the DIAC doctors to decide.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

ahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura aboutahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura aboutahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Dorothy
No, it's not right for you to assume anything. It may take a day or it may take a year for the DIAC doctors to decide.
Well, the question was asked because they have updated the status as health requirements finalised in the immi website for my daughter and my status still shows outstanding. They had requested for additional tests for my daughter only, hence, I asked the question if it is ok to assume that the visa has not been rejected due to health requirements failure of my daughter? or it is still incorrect for to make that assumption?

Thank you all for your time and replies!!

Last edited by ahmedwaseem2000; Dec 6th 2010 at 11:16 am.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 11:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I asked this question because they have updated the status as finalised in the immi website for my daughter and my status still shows outstanding. They had requested for additional tests for my daughter only, hence, I asked the question if it is ok to assume that the visa has not been rejected due to health requirements failure of my daughter? or it is still incorrect for to make that assumption?

Thank you all for your time and replies!!
As Dorothy said, you shouldn't assume anything.

The online status is no proof of anything - many people get their visas issued without their status being updated at all. A status of "finalised" implies that it has been finalised, although there is no guarantee, but it does not imply either a pass or a fail, only "finalised".
Also there is no set length of time in which they will contact you I'm afraid, you just have to wait.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
As Dorothy said, you shouldn't assume anything.

The online status is no proof of anything - many people get their visas issued without their status being updated at all. A status of "finalised" implies that it has been finalised, although there is no guarantee, but it does not imply either a pass or a fail, only "finalised".
Also there is no set length of time in which they will contact you I'm afraid, you just have to wait.
Thanks again for correcting me. I wish there was a better status like pass or fail. which would be more confirmatory. Anyway, my wait and eagerness is just not stopping . Ill post the updates when I get any sort of confirmation for the people who might go through similar situations.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 12:31 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again for correcting me. I wish there was a better status like pass or fail. which would be more confirmatory. Anyway, my wait and eagerness is just not stopping . Ill post the updates when I get any sort of confirmation for the people who might go through similar situations.
I guess the thing is that if they used "pass" or "fail" for the online status that people would jump to conclusions about the final decision, which might not actually be accurate. The case is still open so I suppose they can't put anything on there which would lead to an applicant assuming something thet could be wrong.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I guess the thing is that if they used "pass" or "fail" for the online status that people would jump to conclusions about the final decision, which might not actually be accurate. The case is still open so I suppose they can't put anything on there which would lead to an applicant assuming something thet could be wrong.
Agree!! Just for my understanding doesnt a fail for health or Police clearance or IELTS would imply that the application would fail ?
Old Dec 6th 2010, 1:34 pm
Home and Happy

Agree!! Just for my understanding doesnt a fail for health or Police clearance or IELTS would imply that the application would fail ?
I don't know about IELTS, not got enough knowledge about that, though I think it is more cut and dried than the other two. You either meet the score they want or not.

In the field of meds and pcc though, from what I've read over the years it doesn't seem to be that simple. Some people do have convictions on their pcc but can still get a visa in some circumstances, depending on how long ago/what the offence was/how they have rehabilitated etc. With medicals, some conditions are accepted for some visas but not for others - spouse visas sometimes are more lenient and allow for a waiver, for instance. On other occasions DIAC request a health undertaking so the person is monitored on arrival in Australia. That's why I personally feel having a "Pass/Fail" thing on the online status could be dangerous - there could be factors in play beyond the actual report itself.