Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Adding Partner to 189 Subcalss visa application

Adding Partner to 189 Subcalss visa application

Old Jan 14th 2014, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

SamAusMig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adding Partner to 189 Subcalss visa application

Hi All

Below is my situation

I have got engaged with my partner 2 months ago. Basically we are legally married( We have the marriage certificate ). Only pending thing is wedding function which is going to be held on May 2014.

Currently I work in Middle East and my fiance is in my home country. I am planing to bring her here(Middle East) in May after the wedding function

I have applied for 189 independent subclass visa on November 2013 and mentioned my fiance as partner who got engaged. Right now I have applied Visa for myself only.

This Monday, the Case officer was assigned for my visa application and requested my fiance Police Clearance Certificate and Medical. CO has mentioned my fiance as non-Migrating Applicants.

My Plan is to get the Visa(PR) then go to Australia, get the stamp and come back after a few days. I have a solid job here now. So my plan is to migrate Aus permanently in December 2014. But by that time I will be married (Wedding function will be completed) and we will be living together.

My question is as follows

1) Can I add my partner to my current 189 visa application with the above condition ?

If so what are the evidence that I should provide (I can provide Marriage certificate and IDD mobile details bills for last 2 months . Nothing much evidence I have now) ?

If I add my partner with the above condition, Is there any risk to my visa application ?

2) If I do not include her now, is there anyway to get her partner visa after my wedding in May 2014 while I am outside Aus (Assumed that I will be granted visa for current 189 visa application)?

Your quick inputs are highly appreciated. Because I have to proceed the communication with Case Office accordingly.

Thanx in Advance
Old Jan 14th 2014, 11:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adding Partner to 189 Subcalss visa application

Originally Posted by SamAusMig
Hi All

Below is my situation

I have got engaged with my partner 2 months ago. Basically we are legally married( We have the marriage certificate ). Only pending thing is wedding function which is going to be held on May 2014.

Currently I work in Middle East and my fiance is in my home country. I am planing to bring her here(Middle East) in May after the wedding function

I have applied for 189 independent subclass visa on November 2013 and mentioned my fiance as partner who got engaged. Right now I have applied Visa for myself only.

This Monday, the Case officer was assigned for my visa application and requested my fiance Police Clearance Certificate and Medical. CO has mentioned my fiance as non-Migrating Applicants.

My Plan is to get the Visa(PR) then go to Australia, get the stamp and come back after a few days. I have a solid job here now. So my plan is to migrate Aus permanently in December 2014. But by that time I will be married (Wedding function will be completed) and we will be living together.

My question is as follows

1) Can I add my partner to my current 189 visa application with the above condition ?

If so what are the evidence that I should provide (I can provide Marriage certificate and IDD mobile details bills for last 2 months . Nothing much evidence I have now) ?

If I add my partner with the above condition, Is there any risk to my visa application ?

2) If I do not include her now, is there anyway to get her partner visa after my wedding in May 2014 while I am outside Aus (Assumed that I will be granted visa for current 189 visa application)?

Your quick inputs are highly appreciated. Because I have to proceed the communication with Case Office accordingly.

Thanx in Advance
if you have a marriage certificate you are legally married and you need to add her to the application now. She isn't your fiancee, she's your wife, and needs to be added as either a migrating or non-migrating dependent. The marriage certificate will need to be supplied to your CO as proof of the marriage.
Civil wedding functions are of no consequence to the visa process, you're legally married and need to supply her details.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 10:33 am
Just Joined

SamAusMig is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
if you have a marriage certificate you are legally married and you need to add her to the application now. She isn't your fiancee, she's your wife, and needs to be added as either a migrating or non-migrating dependent. The marriage certificate will need to be supplied to your CO as proof of the marriage.
Civil wedding functions are of no consequence to the visa process, you're legally married and need to supply her details.
Hi Pollyana,

I have following 2 doubts

1) Still We are living in 2 Countries

2) I have only the marriage certificate as evidence but nothing else. Is this fine?

Thanx
Old Jan 15th 2014, 10:36 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pollyana,

2) I have only the marriage certificate as evidence but nothing else. Is this fine?

Thanx
You're married and need to add her to your application.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 1:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pollyana,

Thanx
Doesn't matter if you are living apart, you are married, You have a marriage certuficate, that means you are married.
You need to send the certificate to the CO and you MUST add her to your application as your spouse, either migrating or non-migrating.