Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Activities between "Documents Met" to "Visa Grant" period

Activities between "Documents Met" to "Visa Grant" period

Old Apr 2nd 2009, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough
Default Activities between "Documents Met" to "Visa Grant" period

Hi All,
Can you please shed some light on the issue: Activities between "Documents Met" to "Visa Grant" period? What our respected CO's are doing with our applications during this period?
I'm confused as some applicants are getting VISA's immediately after doc's shown "MET" and for some applicants its taking long periods.

Your response will be highly appreciated!!

Regards

Safaet
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

sydneyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Activities between "Documents Met" to "Visa Grant" period

Originally Posted by Safaet
Hi All,
Can you please shed some light on the issue: Activities between "Documents Met" to "Visa Grant" period? What our respected CO's are doing with our applications during this period?
I'm confused as some applicants are getting VISA's immediately after doc's shown "MET" and for some applicants its taking long periods.

Regards

Safaet
hi safaet,

hope ur doin well. i got my case officer on 18th april 09, 23rd april it appear in the first page "additional information" required. then on 25th april, all documents in the document check list "MET" from "required". but last three options i;e; medcal forms and PCC showing "requested". No response from CO yet. I send all the additional required documents (employment contract, salary statement, PCC) on 23rd april......

wats ur openion abt my status???

im 175 MODL CSL 2231-79(network security) HR(Bangladesh) 10.04.2008 applicant.

regards

sydneyboy
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

josie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant future

Hi All,

Regards

Safaet
Hi there

i can only talk from my experience but once the documents said met it was only a couple of days till i got the visa, just hold on in there!

who knows how the CO prioritise there workload?

good luck

jo
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sydneyboy
hi safaet,

hope ur doin well. i got my case officer on 18th april 09, 23rd april it appear in the first page "additional information" required. then on 25th april, all documents in the document check list "MET" from "required". but last three options i;e; medcal forms and PCC showing "requested". No response from CO yet. I send all the additional required documents (employment contract, salary statement, PCC) on 23rd april......

wats ur openion abt my status???

im 175 MODL CSL 2231-79(network security) HR(Bangladesh) 10.04.2008 applicant.

regards

sydneyboy
Hello sydneyboy!
Your time line is somehow misleading. Could you please check the colored dates? This is the starting of April 09, So.....?

Please revise all the dates then we will be able to comment!

Cheers

Safaet
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by josie jo
Hi there

i can only talk from my experience but once the documents said met it was only a couple of days till i got the visa, just hold on in there!

who knows how the CO prioritise there workload?

good luck

jo
Thank you very much jo!
I have nothing to do now except waiting.........So, in the meantime I'm taking your comments and experiences.

Cheers!

Safaet
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

sydneyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello sydneyboy!
Your time line is somehow misleading. Could you please check the colored dates? This is the starting of April 09, So.....?

Please revise all the dates then we will be able to comment!

Cheers

Safaet
sory mate!!!!!!

i m so tense that i did the unintentional mistake...it will be all MARCH instead of APRIL....

regards

sydneyboy
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

nickynush will become famous soon enough

ALL of our documents changed to MET on 9th Feb09. Our Meds changed to finalised on 28th Feb09. Nothing since then

I think there are still applications to process from 2008 before they issue visas against 2009 applications. I haven't seen any 176 visa grants for anyone who applied later than Oct08 so we may have a bit of a wait yet. Hope I'm wrong
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nickynush
ALL of our documents changed to MET on 9th Feb09. Our Meds changed to finalised on 28th Feb09. Nothing since then

I think there are still applications to process from 2008 before they issue visas against 2009 applications. I haven't seen any 176 visa grants for anyone who applied later than Oct08 so we may have a bit of a wait yet. Hope I'm wrong
Nicky,
What about Safin?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=366
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

They are the only ones I've seen and I think their case is different in that they are in Australia already and have been for a couple of years. They applied for an offshore visa whilst onshore and so may have been dealt with differently. Their 457 may have been due to run out, who knows.

I have noticed that applicants from late last year who didn't have state sponsorship when they applied, but have since acquired it, have been allocated case officers after us and are getting visa grants a few days after getting their CO.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up as it's only been just over 2 months since we applied.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

If all listed docs are showing "Met" is there any possibility that some checks are still remaining? I'm really in fear why they are delaying the final approval and not even replying to my PLE I've sent 10 days back.

Have you sent any PLE by this time?

Regards

Safaet
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

If all listed docs are showing "Met" is there any possibility that some checks are still remaining? I'm really in fear why they are delaying the final approval and not even replying to my PLE I've sent 10 days back.

Have you sent any PLE by this time?

Regards

Safaet
Hi Safaet

I've sent a couple of enquiries and got the response "your file is with your case officer for further processing. They will contact you if they require any further information" so it didn't tell me anything really. I'm not worried as "met" means they're ok. If they weren't happy it would say something like "further information required". Like I said I just think they are approving older valid applications first. I may ring our CO next week but I feel a bit bad chasing when there are people who have been waiting much longer - I'll let you know how we get on if I do. And, don't worry!

Nicky
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Safaet

I've sent a couple of enquiries and got the response "your file is with your case officer for further processing. They will contact you if they require any further information" so it didn't tell me anything really. I'm not worried as "met" means they're ok. If they weren't happy it would say something like "further information required". Like I said I just think they are approving older valid applications first. I may ring our CO next week but I feel a bit bad chasing when there are people who have been waiting much longer - I'll let you know how we get on if I do. And, don't worry!

Nicky
Thanks Nicky! Would be awaiting your feedback!!
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

helsch is an unknown quantity at this point

They are the only ones I've seen and I think their case is different in that they are in Australia already and have been for a couple of years. They applied for an offshore visa whilst onshore and so may have been dealt with differently. Their 457 may have been due to run out, who knows.

I have noticed that applicants from late last year who didn't have state sponsorship when they applied, but have since acquired it, have been allocated case officers after us and are getting visa grants a few days after getting their CO.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up as it's only been just over 2 months since we applied.
I would tend to agree with you nickynush, although I've seen the odd november 08 getting grants and I would presume there aren't as many december application due to xmas etc. I was assigned a CO early feb and nothing since. It's been two month now and not a word from DIAC. My docs don't even show as met. Im finding it harder and harder to wait, even though i do realise that we are the lucky ones (so far...). The CO also probably leave a big gap for the meds to be finalized before getting back to the applications. good luck guys!
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

deepshuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by helsch
I would tend to agree with you nickynush, although I've seen the odd november 08 getting grants and I would presume there aren't as many december application due to xmas etc. I was assigned a CO early feb and nothing since. It's been two month now and not a word from DIAC. My docs don't even show as met. Im finding it harder and harder to wait, even though i do realise that we are the lucky ones (so far...). The CO also probably leave a big gap for the meds to be finalized before getting back to the applications. good luck guys!
Well to add to the discussion...

We are 176 (WA sponsored) CSL
applied on 9th Jan,
got CO on 11th Feb,
had front loaded Meds,
status page showed "further info required",
and we almost immediatedly sent everything except PCC. Since then our status page has shown no change, when at last I got my PCC and I sent it to my CO on his email , and sent a PLE enqiuring status of my app and if they hv recieved my docs, then he wakes up after 2 whole months and says no, we require more evidence on work ex. That means he never bothered to look at the docs until then.Now also they hv replied to PLE whether rest of my docs are sufficient for all the other info requested. And my status page shows no change. Again yesterday I sent my CO almost 77 scanned pages of evidence for my work ex to his email and a PLE asking if that is sufficient.And yet no response.

I am really wondering is this the mechanism to slow down the process.I have patience to get visa but atleast they should let us know if the documents sent are satisfactory or unsatisfactory ,so we act on it and not sit on those docs for 2 months and again ask for something.

To add to it, I get email on behalf of CO, he is never the signatory someone else always sends and in form of PDF and they seem like some template made letter not a personalised one.They confuse you rather clarify anything for u .

I have also not seen any grant of 176 visa, who have applied later then nov 2008. I wish any one of us Jan applicant get a grant so all of our hopes rises.

Good luck to all...

PS: In case of Safin I guess their secuirty checks would hv been done for their 475 visa hence they dont require to do those formality again.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

scamp1976 is on a distinguished road

To clear some things up :

It's not a CO that puts your documents on 'Met'. That's the CO's assistant. They check everything, then when the whole package is complete ( all 'met' ) the assistant sends the info the the actual CO who then makes a decision.

so what happens between 'met' and 'visa granted' ? Well this is the time that the actual CO ( not the assistant ) looks at all your documents and grants or denies your visa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.