Activating Partner Visa (subclass 100)

Old Jan 20th 2019, 11:40 am
Just Joined

F1Flyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Activating Partner Visa (subclass 100)

I have just received my granted Partner visa and am delighted.

It came through earlier than expected (took just 7 months) and the First Entry/Arrive by date means I'm going to have to do a special short trip to Oz to activate my visa.

My questions are:
- what is the process when you arrive at the airport?
- does my sponsor (partner) have to be with me
- I'm only going to be in the country for a couple of days for this purpose. Will I run into any questions from the immigration officer? (I have a one-way ticket booked for early July)

On a related note, I will look to apply for citizenship when possible. Is there a restriction on how many days I can be out of the country in the preceding years?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 20th 2019, 12:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Activating Partner Visa (subclass 100)

Originally Posted by F1Flyer

It came through earlier than expected (took just 7 months) and the First Entry/Arrive by date means I'm going to have to do a special short trip to Oz to activate my visa.

My questions are:
- I'm only going to be in the country for a couple of days for this purpose. Will I run into any questions from the immigration officer? (I have a one-way ticket booked for early July)

On a related note, I will look to apply for citizenship when possible. Is there a restriction on how many days I can be out of the country in the preceding years?

Thanks in advance.
All you do is show up, and present your passport. If you're lucky they will grunt something unintelligble and just wave you in. If you are unlucky you don't even get a grunt. No special process at all. You have a PR visa so no-one will bother about whether you have an onward flight booked, nor will they be bothered if you just get on the next plane home.
And no, your partner does not have to travel with you.

For citizenship, see this link https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/?til...%20citizenship You have several years to go yet.
Old Jan 20th 2019, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Fantastic, thank you.

Are they any other resources in reference to the Visa? It feels like I should have more than just a 3 page mitigating of the grant. Should I expect anything in the post?

Last edited by F1Flyer; Jan 20th 2019 at 8:22 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2019, 1:58 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic, thank you.

Are they any other resources in reference to the Visa? It feels like I should have more than just a 3 page mitigating of the grant. Should I expect anything in the post?
No, all you get these days is the email notification of the grant. No passport sticker as its all electronic.

If you need to check its all gone through OK for peace of mind you can go to the Immi website and check on VEVO.
Old Jan 21st 2019, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

The rule for citizenship and time out of the country is no more than 12 months in total in the four years preceding application and no more than 90 days in the last 12 monthe preceding application
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Really helpful, thanks all.
Old Jun 1st 2019, 5:12 am
Just Joined

Ashleyb81 is an unknown quantity at this point

My questions are:

Thanks in advance.

HI
just wondering if you did your short trip to activate the visa and managed with no issues when not travelling with your sponsor and not staying for a long time?
just granted my visa and had same questions as you.
Thank you
Old Jun 1st 2019, 7:08 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Ashleyb81
HI
just wondering if you did your short trip to activate the visa and managed with no issues when not travelling with your sponsor and not staying for a long time?
Thank you
As above, the sponsor does not need to travel with you, and there is no minimum stay requirement - you can get on the next plane home again it you wish
Old Jun 1st 2019, 7:53 am
Just Joined

HI
Thank you
thsnks, I just like to worry about everything!
Old Jun 1st 2019, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

HI
Thank you
No issues at all. In fact, I just went through the automated passport machines and didn't need to speak to anyone!
Old Jun 1st 2019, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

F1 flyer thank you so much for your reaponse. I am planning a very quick trip arriving one day and departing the next as I will have an 8 week old at the deadline for entry. I thought my partner would have to come so that's great. We plan to make the move early 2020.
Old Jun 1st 2019, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

F1 flyer thank you so much for your reaponse. I am planning a very quick trip arriving one day and departing the next as I will have an 8 week old at the deadline for entry. I thought my partner would have to come so that's great. We plan to make the move early 2020.
You're very welcome. Good luck with the move. Although I used the machine I did check with a human afterwards! It was all fine.