Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ACT StateSponsorship applications pending for some ICT professionalwhat happened now?

ACT StateSponsorship applications pending for some ICT professionalwhat happened now?

Old Sep 8th 2009, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

fahadkhan389 will become famous soon enoughfahadkhan389 will become famous soon enough
Default ACT StateSponsorship applications pending for some ICT professionalwhat happened now?

Dear Friends..
I applied for ACT state sponsorship that was receipted on 18 june 2009.Currently ACT official website link "Application processing time"...http://www.business.act.gov.au/skill...ocessing_times... shows that they are processing 21 june applications which shows that my application should have processed but i am still waiting for the outcome of it.In this regard i sent an email to ACT official and told the whole story...she answered that due to concerns about the employability of some ICT occupations in the current economic climate, processing of ICT applications have been delayed until an industry reference group can independently assess the applications

Above answer is really frustrated for me bcoz i have been waiting for the outcome more than 2 months and now her answer shows no time line and i have not applied to DIAC and not applied to any other state to show my commitment with ACT

I need expert advise and have some reservations in the following about an industry reference group ... as stated in email reply..

1)How long will it take to resume ACT application for some ICT professional?? as i have been assessed as software Designer and my application is on pending

2)What is this independent industry reference group? and what will be the criteria of this group to assess the applications??
Old Sep 9th 2009, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

fahadkhan389 will become famous soon enoughfahadkhan389 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ACT StateSponsorship applications pending for some ICT professionalwhat happened

Hello ....Where are the experts???wake up
Old Sep 9th 2009, 10:43 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACT StateSponsorship applications pending for some ICT professionalwhat happened

Originally Posted by fahadkhan389
It's the middle of the night when you post. It's possible, no, probable that the "experts" are sleeping. Or at work. Or just simply cannot answer your question. If your query is that urgent I would suggest you contact a migration agent who can answer your questions - although I doubt anyone can. Nobody knows when they will start processing applications again and even fewer people know how long it will take to process them once they start.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 2:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Politeness often works wonders too
Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:08 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

No one can answer when you will get ACT SS...no one works in ACT SS department.

But why you did not apply for DIAC? You must lodge your 175 visa asap (if you have enough 120 marks).

Dear Friends..
I applied for ACT state sponsorship that was receipted on 18 june 2009.Currently ACT official website link "Application processing time"...http://www.business.act.gov.au/skill...ocessing_times... shows that they are processing 21 june applications which shows that my application should have processed but i am still waiting for the outcome of it.In this regard i sent an email to ACT official and told the whole story...she answered that due to concerns about the employability of some ICT occupations in the current economic climate, processing of ICT applications have been delayed until an industry reference group can independently assess the applications

Above answer is really frustrated for me bcoz i have been waiting for the outcome more than 2 months and now her answer shows no time line and i have not applied to DIAC and not applied to any other state to show my commitment with ACT

I need expert advise and have some reservations in the following about an industry reference group ... as stated in email reply..

1)How long will it take to resume ACT application for some ICT professional?? as i have been assessed as software Designer and my application is on pending

2)What is this independent industry reference group? and what will be the criteria of this group to assess the applications??
Old Sep 10th 2009, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Dear friends,
With due respect i know British Expatriates experts are very busy and they are really doing great job for all of us i m sorry if i was not polite unintentionally but i had no intention to hurt any one or being in hurry to answer my queries it was just a buzz...

@aman...i know my friend that no one is working in ACT otherwise it would be very good for us i just want to know if there is some one who is facing the situation and asked query to ACT and what response he/she got of that query
i can obtain 120 points if i also claim 5 points for language and attach a letter for it that i already have but its little risky either DIAC entertain those 5 marks or not and 2ndly it will further slow down my ACT application processing if already applied to DIAC.