ACS Skills assessment will expire soon...

Old Jul 20th 2011, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

zurrieq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS Skills assessment will expire soon...

To start I would like to thank everyone on this forum for sharing their information - it gives the others waiting with some idea of progress.

I applied for 175 on 23/10/2010. My nominated occupation is Software Engineer and obtained +ve skills assessment from ACS on 30/8/2010. The assessment is valid for one year which means it will expire soon.

What happens if the VISA is not granted before the ACS assessment expires? Can anyone who has been through this scenario shed some light please?

Cheers.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 8:05 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS Skills assessment will expire soon...

Originally Posted by zurrieq
To start I would like to thank everyone on this forum for sharing their information - it gives the others waiting with some idea of progress.

I applied for 175 on 23/10/2010. My nominated occupation is Software Engineer and obtained +ve skills assessment from ACS on 30/8/2010. The assessment is valid for one year which means it will expire soon.

What happens if the VISA is not granted before the ACS assessment expires? Can anyone who has been through this scenario shed some light please?

Cheers.
ACS letter has to be valid as as the date your application went in. Thats the rule. But your CO also has a right to request any additional documents, so you will have to sit and wait for them to contact you. If it comes down to refreshing some paperwork to get your visa, then it must be done - however unlikely that request may seem you have little choice in the matter.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by newjersey
ACS letter has to be valid as as the date your application went in. Thats the rule. But your CO also has a right to request any additional documents, so you will have to sit and wait for them to contact you. If it comes down to refreshing some paperwork to get your visa, then it must be done - however unlikely that request may seem you have little choice in the matter.
Thank you for the information newjersey.

When you say CO can ask for additional documents - I am assuming it will not be another ACS assessment, which carries a cost, but an updated work reference letter for example...
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

lloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nice

Originally Posted by zurrieq

Cheers.
Your ACS assessment validity should be within the date of your application for the visa (the day you lodged it) and not the visa date. If you already applied for the visa and was within the ACS validity (which I'm assuming is true as 30.08.2011 is still to arrive), you're worrying about nothing!
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 7:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lloydk
Your ACS assessment validity should be within the date of your application for the visa (the day you lodged it) and not the visa date. If you already applied for the visa and was within the ACS validity (which I'm assuming is true as 30.08.2011 is still to arrive), you're worrying about nothing!
Thanks lloydk