ACS Skills Assessment Application

Old Jun 7th 2006, 1:36 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light
Default ACS Skills Assessment Application

Hi All

I finally managed to get my documents certified £30 for 3 copies of 22 docs.
Not bad considering the magistrates wanted £8 per stamp!!!

Anyhow I need to get the application form filled in and sent the lot off. What is the best way to present the docs.

They are all hole punched at the minute in my folder, but I'll be taking them out of the folder to send them. Should I paper clip relevant parts together?
For example should I paper clip the personal references from managers to the Main headed paper reference from HR? Should I paper clip the Degree certificate to the testamur?

Any advise appreciated, I want to get this right first time!!!

Thanks

Mark Mc
Old Jun 7th 2006, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Kev123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS Skills Assessment Application

Hi Mark I actually sent my ACS Forms today! I broke down my application into relevant sections. Forms, CV, Detailed written summary of experiece, references, degree and transcript.

I made a header for each section and stapled all the forms together! TIme will tell I guess if its the right way. But I guess my aim was just to make it as easy as possible for the assesor to get the info he wanted quickly and easily!

Anyway hope this helps and good luck!!!

Kev

PS what visa are you applying for and how many employers references did you get? I've only had two jobs in 8 years so mine were pretty easy to get!

Originally Posted by MarkMC
Hi All

I finally managed to get my documents certified £30 for 3 copies of 22 docs.
Not bad considering the magistrates wanted £8 per stamp!!!

Anyhow I need to get the application form filled in and sent the lot off. What is the best way to present the docs.

They are all hole punched at the minute in my folder, but I'll be taking them out of the folder to send them. Should I paper clip relevant parts together?
For example should I paper clip the personal references from managers to the Main headed paper reference from HR? Should I paper clip the Degree certificate to the testamur?

Any advise appreciated, I want to get this right first time!!!

Thanks

Mark Mc

Last edited by Kev123; Jun 7th 2006 at 1:58 pm. Reason: question
Old Jun 7th 2006, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

reggiey is an unknown quantity at this point

Just make sure they are in neat order, if anything is not clear cut, attach a sheet with explanations. One of my employers who I worked for closed down so I had to get letters from my previous co-workers stating that they worked with me at that company and description of what I did.

I finally got my result from ACS the other day and going forward with the next step.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 7:18 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kev123
PS what visa are you applying for and how many employers references did you get? I've only had two jobs in 8 years so mine were pretty easy to get!
I'm applying for a Skilled Independant (Class BN Subclass 136)

I've only worked for 2 companies in the last 7 years, however I had 4 different managers at the last company and I've managed to get in touch with them all to get personal references to back up my day to day duties. It seemed like a lot to do when I started, however it all fell in to place nicely.

Good luck and thanks

Mark