Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ACS :: Skill Assessment :: A reference letter without date of writing

ACS :: Skill Assessment :: A reference letter without date of writing

Old Sep 16th 2009, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

oliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to all
Default ACS :: Skill Assessment :: A reference letter without date of writing

Hi All,

I have acquired employer reference letter after a lot of requests. Reading their general guideline, I furnish the contents of reference letter with all required details like..

1) mentioning full time/part time job
2) employment dates
3) position hold
4) 5+ duties responsibilities along with reference of projects done
6) signature of employer
7) his direct contact number
8) everything on the letter head

After getting this reference letter with a lot of requests, I later read on the FAQ section of ACS skill assessment that the reference letter should be dated when it was written

Now there is no date printed on reference letter that when it was issued. Will that cause any problems. I don't want to bug my employer again. Please advice who are experienced in this matter

I also thought to write the date myself on reference letter myself next to the signature of my employer. But then i thought this may look spooky as there is not much space in that letter area.

PLZ PLZ PLZ comment on this.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 9:09 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS :: Skill Assessment :: A reference letter without date of writing

If ACS says the letter must be dated then it must be dated. You will need a dated one for your application anyway, so better to get it now.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

SAS_Analyst is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS :: Skill Assessment :: A reference letter without date of writing

Originally Posted by oliman
Hi All,

I have acquired employer reference letter after a lot of requests. Reading their general guideline, I furnish the contents of reference letter with all required details like..

2) employment dates
3) position hold
6) signature of employer

After getting this reference letter with a lot of requests, I later read on the FAQ section of ACS skill assessment that the reference letter should be dated when it was written

Now there is no date printed on reference letter that when it was issued. Will that cause any problems. I don't want to bug my employer again. Please advice who are experienced in this matter

I also thought to write the date myself on reference letter myself next to the signature of my employer. But then i thought this may look spooky as there is not much space in that letter area.

You have the reference, so type exactly the same reference in your Word processor and just add the date as it should be. Then print it and visit your ex-boss again. You have no choice, therefore make it as easier for the ex-boss as possible. He will need just to sign it again, it takes few seconds.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:09 am
Dia , Queen Bee

divsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: ACS :: Skill Assessment :: A reference letter without date of writing

Hi All,

2) employment dates
3) position hold
6) signature of employer

yeh.. date is imp... However, if u have worked in a comp 4 yrs ago, u can as well print the date of u r last working day in that comp..
Usually... the ref /service letters are given out on the last working day of comp...

I rcd my ref letters from my pev companies, the date printed was the last workng day....

one naughty plan... why don u just type the date.. anyways u have u r boss's sign... hahaha... jus kiddin...

good luck...

Last edited by divsman; Sep 16th 2009 at 10:13 am.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

oliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to all

I have decided to reprint the date on the printed letter...this wont be a cheat anyways.

I have to be very precise in printing so that original copy is not wasted. I will let you know about the outcomes as i will do it tomorrow
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:40 am
Dia , Queen Bee

I have decided to reprint the date on the printed letter...this wont be a cheat anyways.

I have to be very precise in printing so that original copy is not wasted. I will let you know about the outcomes as i will do it tomorrow
Just a small hint..
first you take a color scan of the original... do the changes on the color print... if OK repeat on the original.... your original is safe....
Old Sep 16th 2009, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

outstanding tip man...i will do as such

but y color copy?...i can do the same practice with black and white copy
Old Sep 16th 2009, 12:54 pm
Dia , Queen Bee

outstanding tip man...i will do as such

but y color copy?...i can do the same practice with black and white copy
there is the catch... u take color copy.. make the changes...u can as well use it as original to color san and send across ...( u r original is totally safe!!!)
Old Sep 16th 2009, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

wow!

i like it....you are wise
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:15 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by divsman
one naughty plan... why don u just type the date.. anyways u have u r boss's sign... hahaha... jus kiddin...

good luck...
It's not a naughty plan. It's forgery. What's to stop him changing anything else on the letter?
Yes, it is cheating. You have been given a perfectly simple, honest alternative, yet you decide you are going to change the original letter.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:18 pm
Still alive

Over the past few weeks/months I have noticed a trend where people are actively encouraged to cheat or outright lie on applications. This type of behaviour is not acceptable to DIAC nor is it all right here. With my moderator's hat off here I sincerely hope ACS/DIAC ask for the original of your letter and discover your deception.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Mayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really nice

Just a small hint..
first you take a color scan of the original... do the changes on the color print... if OK repeat on the original.... your original is safe....

I agree totally with Dorothy that modifying any original docs is not acceptable in any part of the earth and should'nt be done.

wow!

i like it....you are wise
On which part of the world it is told that it is wise idea to discuss these things on public forums where 1000's of people (some time even DIAC/ACS guys) have access? you are putting yourself into trouble mate!!!

P.S :- you is not specific to any one person but all in generic

Cheers....
Old Sep 17th 2009, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

johnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All,

2) employment dates
3) position hold
6) signature of employer

You've got to send it back and get them to correct it - no cheating.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for all the comments. I shall get revised copy from my employer again with the issue date. I strictly believe myself in choosing the honest path, but when authorities like ex-employers don't co-operate with you and make you suffer by requesting them again and again, you are naturally being forced to choose an alternate way.

Any way i shall request my employer again with fingers crossed, and if he dont co-operates then i will send the reference letter without date and will count on my fate....

if my skill assessment is rejected beacuse of that date issue then I will cancel my efforts...because it will be more than enough to discourage my high hopes for a better future.

thanks guys..
Old Sep 17th 2009, 6:31 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the comments. I shall get revised copy from my employer again with the issue date. I strictly believe myself in choosing the honest path, but when authorities like ex-employers don't co-operate with you and make you suffer by requesting them again and again, you are naturally being forced to choose an alternate way.

Any way i shall request my employer again with fingers crossed, and if he dont co-operates then i will send the reference letter without date and will count on my fate....

if my skill assessment is rejected beacuse of that date issue then I will cancel my efforts...because it will be more than enough to discourage my high hopes for a better future.

thanks guys..
Well...will advise you one thing...ask your employer to sign it for you..if they don't corporate then go for alternate way!!

That is the last way and you have to keep your options open..you must not listen to other people's heart!! Listen to your heart!! You are looking for a better future not other people who are telling you not to lie...bla bla bla...

If I were you..I will put 100% effort to get it signed by my employer and if it seems all the ways are blocked..I will not mind putting date by myself on the letter...because its not that big issue and my principles allow me to do that!! Not sure about you!!

Good Luck..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.