ACS Recognised university

Old Sep 13th 2009, 7:51 am
Just Joined

nicrox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS Recognised university

Hi all
Does anyone know if Australian Computer Society has a list of recognised universities which will only consider for assessment?

I am under the impression that ASC will not care about university when assessing applications but the transcripts and advance subjects + min. 4 years work experience.

Can someone confirm this?
Old Sep 13th 2009, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS Recognised university

Originally Posted by nicrox
Hi all
Does anyone know if Australian Computer Society has a list of recognised universities which will only consider for assessment?

I am under the impression that ASC will not care about university when assessing applications but the transcripts and advance subjects + min. 4 years work experience.

Can someone confirm this?
They do care about the uni, when they are assessing oversees qualifications. Check ACS website->FAQ-> academic qualification section. They have provided a link to an oversees qualification assessment body (dont remember the name) there. However I could never extraxt much info from that link, as eventually it says that those info can be acessed by members/organizations etc.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 3:34 pm
Lifestyle Development

balkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the rough

Think if you Google NOOSR National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition Country Profile for ?? under education Dept i.e. DEEWR http://www.deewr.gov.au . They list universities, but.... even if updated data can be wrong, e.g. they have not kept up with name changes of Hungarian universities from several years......

Another option if issue via NOOSR i.e. school not listed, try finding the British UKCOSA list...in some regions more up to date.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

nicrox is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by balkanghost
Think if you Google NOOSR National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition Country Profile for ?? under education Dept i.e. DEEWR http://www.deewr.gov.au . They list universities, but.... even if updated data can be wrong, e.g. they have not kept up with name changes of Hungarian universities from several years......

Another option if issue via NOOSR i.e. school not listed, try finding the British UKCOSA list...in some regions more up to date.
thanks balkanghost,
It seems country profiles are not freely accessible,
once I tried to take a look at them but they were available for a price;