ACS Reassesment

Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:33 am
Just Joined

Timothyf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS Reassesment

Hi.
just wondering, i got a positive skills assesement in ocktober 2005 as 2231-11, and am going to attempt to get reassesed as 2231-79 (network security) to see if i can get the modl points.
what i want to know is A: do i get to only pay the $100.00 or is this classed as a new assesement B: and will failling the reassesement invalidate the first one.

Thanks for any help
Tim
Old Dec 21st 2005, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS Reassesment

Originally Posted by Timothyf
Hi.
just wondering, i got a positive skills assesement in ocktober 2005 as 2231-11, and am going to attempt to get reassesed as 2231-79 (network security) to see if i can get the modl points.
what i want to know is A: do i get to only pay the $100.00 or is this classed as a new assesement B: and will failling the reassesement invalidate the first one.

Thanks for any help
Tim
Hi Tim

ACS should re-assess under the review option. You will need to give them detailed evidence of having extensive experience of at least 12 months experience in the discipline in shortage.

Tony
Old Dec 21st 2005, 9:15 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.

Thanks for any help
Tim
Hi Tim,

What's with the $100? An appeal is $300. If you can't appeal within 60 days then you've got to lodge a new application.

The appeal decision generally supersedes the original decision as a matter of general admin law, don't know if ACS will ask you to return the original as IEAust would, however you're not going to lose your status in that situation unless the original examiner went a bit easy on you.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Dec 25th 2005, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

ghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the rough

Hi.

Thanks for any help
Tim
Hi Timothy,

We are exactly in the same boat. I got the ACS Letter in OCT05 with 2231-11 ASCO Code but now I want to re-apply for 2231-79 (network security). I do have 12+ months extensive experience in Network Security.

All I'm worried about is that if ACS refused to issue me this new Assessment Letter for Code 79, what would happen to my previous Assessment. Would that remain valid ?

If someone can say YES to my question, I'll re-apply to ACS within a week time.

Ghanghro.