ACS with MCSE and 7 years experience

Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

wullieb1 is on a distinguished road
Default ACS with MCSE and 7 years experience

Hi,

I'm currently on a 457 visa with work and am looking to go permanent.

I don't have a degree in IT, i do have a HNC, but i have a MCSE in Windows 2000 and i have 7 years commercial experience.

I've been told i need to do the RPL test from the ACS but i won't be able to get references from old jobs as most of the people i worked with have all gone to new jobs.

Do i need to do the RPL test to get points??

My company is willing to sponsor me so will the ENS scheme be quicker and easier??

We are also looking at the possibility of doing the PR visa on our own and doing it on my wifes name as shen is a qualified nurse. How would this affect our current visa's if we get refused PR??

Dumb questions but thanks in advance for the help.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:04 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS with MCSE and 7 years experience

Originally Posted by wullieb1
Hi,

I'm currently on a 457 visa with work and am looking to go permanent.

I don't have a degree in IT, i do have a HNC, but i have a MCSE in Windows 2000 and i have 7 years commercial experience.

I've been told i need to do the RPL test from the ACS but i won't be able to get references from old jobs as most of the people i worked with have all gone to new jobs.

Do i need to do the RPL test to get points??

My company is willing to sponsor me so will the ENS scheme be quicker and easier??

We are also looking at the possibility of doing the PR visa on our own and doing it on my wifes name as shen is a qualified nurse. How would this affect our current visa's if we get refused PR??

Dumb questions but thanks in advance for the help.
If you have been working for your employer for over 2 years then you do not need a skills assesment at all for ENS so this would be the best route, ENS is also the fastest PR visa catagory.

As for the old MSCE question, MCSE + 6 years will get you into ACS class B but you WILL need employer references.

Good luck

Last edited by ex_exile; Mar 28th 2008 at 10:06 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ex_exile
If you have been working for your employer for over 2 years then you do not need a skills assesment at all for ENS so this would be the best route, ENS is also the fastest PR visa catagory.

As for the old MSCE question, MCSE + 6 years will get you into ACS class B but you WILL need employer references.

Good luck
Thanks m8

I've been working for the same employer for 3 years but on 6 months in Oz :-(

What employer references??

Does it matter that i'm doing a an OUA degree course in IT??

Again thanks for the help.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:38 am

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks m8

I've been working for the same employer for 3 years but on 6 months in Oz :-(

What employer references??

Does it matter that i'm doing a an OUA degree course in IT??

Again thanks for the help.
To avoid skills assessment you need to have been employed by sponsoring employer for 2 years in Australia

ACS will want to see references from your previous employers to confirm duties, salary and employment dates as part of the skills assessment process.

OUA degree wont count until you have completed it.

I dont think that being refused PR will have any bearing on an existing 457 visa but if you meet the visa criteria (Skills, work experience, heath and character) and rack up a score of 120 on the points test you will not be refused
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

To avoid skills assessment you need to have been employed by sponsoring employer for 2 years in Australia

ACS will want to see references from your previous employers to confirm duties, salary and employment dates as part of the skills assessment process.

OUA degree wont count until you have completed it.

I dont think that being refused PR will have any bearing on an existing 457 visa but if you meet the visa criteria (Skills, work experience, heath and character) and rack up a score of 120 on the points test you will not be refused
Thanks again for the help m8.

I'm going to try and contact my old boss and see if he can send me something in the post with dates of employment and duties and stuff.

I still know a couple of guy's there i can get a reference from i suppose but its better coming from the boss.

Again thanks. Sort of made my mind up now to go for it and try.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Hmm i made a mistake.

Tracked back my employment and i'm actually just under 6 years in total, amazing how time runs away from you.

Now for the first 6 months of my IT career i was a self employe contractor working on various contracts throughout Scotland. I don't have a boss as such, well other than me, and the contracts only lasted for a month at a time. The second job i had was again a contract and i was only there for 4 months before i started working at a permanent position.

I do however have a HNC Computing from 2001 and i do believe that they will take years off for specific qualifications. Will i get a year for this??

I can get 5 years or more for definate but i cannot prove the other 12 months.

Will this hinder my ACS application???
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:39 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest you talk to an agent, you may be eligible under group A criteria, and that only needs 4 years of full time IT experience. There is no way you can do without detailed references though.
NJ
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:33 am

I can get 5 years or more for definate but i cannot prove the other 12 months.

Will this hinder my ACS application???
You will not get a possitive assessment for Group B without 6 years confirmed work experience. I dont think that you will get any credit at all for your HNC.

In your circumstances there might be a slim chance that an agent could argue to DIAC that you have been transfered in position from abroad and hence you have been working for your employer for 2 years and should be allowed to skip the skills assessment process... I've never heard the arguement made but hey, if the company will pay for the agent you might as well give it a go.

Or wait a year or RPL or plan B it with your wife as the primary applicant. The ACS has a reputation for uncompromissing when it comes to their rules.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

You will not get a possitive assessment for Group B without 6 years confirmed work experience. I dont think that you will get any credit at all for your HNC.

In your circumstances there might be a slim chance that an agent could argue to DIAC that you have been transfered in position from abroad and hence you have been working for your employer for 2 years and should be allowed to skip the skills assessment process... I've never heard the arguement made but hey, if the company will pay for the agent you might as well give it a go.

Or wait a year or RPL or plan B it with your wife as the primary applicant. The ACS has a reputation for uncompromissing when it comes to their rules.
Thanks again for your help.

I'm going to speak to the company that i worked for before this company and see exactly what my start date was. If it means i need to wait i'll just need to wait.

RPL doesn't look too bad but again i don't have the 6 years but hey thems the breaks. I can get loads of references from the guy's i used to work beside so that would be easy enough to get. My current employer will also give a glowing reference.

The company is going to pay for the actual PR application but i need to pay for the ACS checks. That ain't cheap though.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:11 am

Thanks again for your help.

I'm going to speak to the company that i worked for before this company and see exactly what my start date was. If it means i need to wait i'll just need to wait.

RPL doesn't look too bad but again i don't have the 6 years but hey thems the breaks. I can get loads of references from the guy's i used to work beside so that would be easy enough to get. My current employer will also give a glowing reference.

The company is going to pay for the actual PR application but i need to pay for the ACS checks. That ain't cheap though.
Back in the day (talking 2001 here) you only needed to prove 4 years work experience, but times change

Unfortunatly without a positive skills assesment you are snookered but if you are happy in your life a year will just fly by, as long as you dont stress about getting PR. Hey, you are already living in Australia so how bad can life be
Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Back in the day (talking 2001 here) you only needed to prove 4 years work experience, but times change

Unfortunatly without a positive skills assesment you are snookered but if you are happy in your life a year will just fly by, as long as you dont stress about getting PR. Hey, you are already living in Australia so how bad can life be
Cheers again.

Fortunately i couldn't give a rats arse if i'm permanent or temporary. Doesn't matter to me but it does to my missus for some reason.

I'm speaking to my work who are speaking to the migration agent who will hopefully let us know one way or the other.

I also found out that i started very eraly in 2003 with my last company so not that long to wait.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

Bazza is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks again for the help m8.

I'm going to try and contact my old boss and see if he can send me something in the post with dates of employment and duties and stuff.

I still know a couple of guy's there i can get a reference from i suppose but its better coming from the boss.

Again thanks. Sort of made my mind up now to go for it and try.
try to get as much info from prev boss as possible. Your reference should indicate that you were a perm employee, no. of hours worked per week and salary. Also a list of tasks/duties that you performed...