ACS Group B Changes

Old Oct 12th 2005, 12:51 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default ACS Group B Changes

Just to flesh out an earlier post, I understand that ACS is about to remove the four certifications it currently recognises from Group B eligibility, ie if you've got MCSE, MCSD, CNE or CLP and were planning to use those plus evidence of six years IT work experience, you may need to lodge that application quickly. I have been told that ACS will give a month's period of grace for applications to be lodged under the current guidelines.

I believe that for most people lodging after that date, the only alternatives will be doing an RPL application or completing a recognised qualification. Hopefully the full details of the change will be appearing on the ACS website shortly.

Anyone close to completing an MCSE or MCSD ought to find out just how soon they could receive confirmation of their results from Microsoft, as it may already be too late.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Oct 28th 2005, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

psaint7 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ACS Group B Changes

Hi,

Does anyone have any further info on this?? I was planning on applying using my MCSE and 8 years expereince. If these changes are true, what are my options???

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Just to flesh out an earlier post, I understand that ACS is about to remove the four certifications it currently recognises from Group B eligibility, ie if you've got MCSE, MCSD, CNE or CLP and were planning to use those plus evidence of six years IT work experience, you may need to lodge that application quickly. I have been told that ACS will give a month's period of grace for applications to be lodged under the current guidelines.

I believe that for most people lodging after that date, the only alternatives will be doing an RPL application or completing a recognised qualification. Hopefully the full details of the change will be appearing on the ACS website shortly.

Anyone close to completing an MCSE or MCSD ought to find out just how soon they could receive confirmation of their results from Microsoft, as it may already be too late.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Old Oct 28th 2005, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: ACS Group B Changes

Originally Posted by psaint7
Hi,

Does anyone have any further info on this?? I was planning on applying using my MCSE and 8 years expereince. If these changes are true, what are my options???
Hi,
As George says you must do it faster , note that normally it takes around month to receive the certification package... although I am not sure that they accept you any certified copy of online trascript (?) . what exams have you passed?
I was a trainer and as dar as I know if you try to take W2K ,you may pass it much faster and safer,its just my recommendation and other guys may have different ideas.
Goodluck,
Old Oct 28th 2005, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

I was NT4 MCSE but have just completed my 2003 MCSE last month. I was considering applying next year and am now concerned as to how this will affect me.

psaint7

Originally Posted by Barbitana
Hi,
As George says you must do it faster , note that normally it takes around month to receive the certification package... although I am not sure that they accept you any certified copy of online trascript (?) . what exams have you passed?
I was a trainer and as dar as I know if you try to take W2K ,you may pass it much faster and safer,its just my recommendation and other guys may have different ideas.
Goodluck,
Old Oct 28th 2005, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I was NT4 MCSE but have just completed my 2003 MCSE last month. I was considering applying next year and am now concerned as to how this will affect me.

psaint7
Hi PSaint,
As far as I guess you did not take accelerate exam 70-240 several years ago. yet if you GOT your w2k3 certification now , its much better to apply as soon as possible. I am not absolutely sure but who knows...seems much better to do it faster if you can because of the fact that normally this november we would observe some amendments to ACS rules...MODL or even SOL (as you can see it had been updated in last May and two times per week...)

Goodluck,
Old Oct 28th 2005, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

ghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the rough

Hi PSaint,
As far as I guess you did not take accelerate exam 70-240 several years ago. yet if you GOT your w2k3 certification now , its much better to apply as soon as possible. I am not absolutely sure but who knows...seems much better to do it faster if you can because of the fact that normally this november we would observe some amendments to ACS rules...MODL or even SOL (as you can see it had been updated in last May and two times per week...)

Goodluck,
Any news / predictions about IT Occupations coming into MODL or any other relief for poor IT guys (like me) who are short of 5 points only ???

Ghanghro.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 12:48 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

psaint7
Get your ACS application in quick if you don't have a degree or other recognised qualification. Assuming you get a positive result from the ACS, it is valid for 12 months so you can still wait before applying for the visa.

Even if you're waiting for confirmation of the W2k3 MCSE, apply with yout NT4 certs and send them a login to your online transcript. If they are still accepting MCSE for now, then NT4 MCSE is valid (I passed this way earlier this year).
Old Oct 29th 2005, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wmoore
Get your ACS application in quick if you don't have a degree or other recognised qualification. Assuming you get a positive result from the ACS, it is valid for 12 months so you can still wait before applying for the visa.

Even if you're waiting for confirmation of the W2k3 MCSE, apply with yout NT4 certs and send them a login to your online transcript. If they are still accepting MCSE for now, then NT4 MCSE is valid (I passed this way earlier this year).
Dear Wmoore,
Great tip! Thanks for description.
Although with relatvely new feature of "sharing the transcript" you may send them just a sharing code and not your .Net passport

Last edited by Barbitana; Oct 29th 2005 at 2:20 am.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 4:16 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Wmoore,
Great tip! Thanks for description.
Although with relatvely new feature of "sharing the transcript" you may send them just a sharing code and not your .Net passport
Well spotted. That's what I meant
Old Oct 29th 2005, 6:31 am
McG

Default ACS positive result valid for...?

>Get your ACS application in quick if you don't have a degree or other
    >recognised qualification. Assuming you get a positive result from the
    >ACS, it is valid for 12 months so you can still wait before applying
    >for the visa.

Where exactly does it say that a positive result from the ACS is valid
for 12 months? I couldn't find anything on their website to confirm
this.

Presumably as long as the result hasn't been standing for over 12
months, it can be filed with the PR application? i.e. from the day a
positive result has been received, a person then has 12 months in
which to file for PR (136 independent skilled in this case) or does
the 5-6 months that things are currently taking have to be considered
in the 12 months?

Presumably the degree doesn't have to be computer-related - example
here is tertiary educated (maths degree) java programmer (j2ee etc.)
with 10 years experience, certified etc.

Info very much appreciated - cheers.

Old Oct 29th 2005, 6:34 am
McG

Default ACS positive result valid for...?

>for the visa.

this.

in the 12 months?

Old Oct 29th 2005, 8:34 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS positive result valid for...?

Originally Posted by McG
    >for the visa.

this.

in the 12 months?

Hi McG,

The ACS skills assessments say they're valid for 12 months on their face. So if you had one you'd know. Not sure where in the ACS guidelines it says that, but the idea is to have lodged your application within the 12 months. ACS skills assessments for onshore students have shorter validity.

Your last comment suggests you haven't read the guidelines at all, see www.acs.org.au . Your scenario is going to lead to a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) application.

The bulk of this thread is about how ACS is about to remove the possibility of qualifying using four certifications, MCSE, MCSD, CNE and CLP - the only certifications it recognises - instead of RPL.

For those enquiring, I understand that the announcement is likely to go on the ACS website next week and that the date of effect will be 1 December.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Old Oct 29th 2005, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

It says valid for 12 months on the actual approval letter.

DIMIA seem to accept this as long as the visa application is made within the validity but technically it should still be valid at time of decision on the visa application.

Tony

Originally Posted by McG
    >for the visa.

this.

in the 12 months?

Old Oct 29th 2005, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for everyone's help on this. Just hope that a month will be enough time to get everything together.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 11:48 pm
McG

>Your last comment suggests you haven't read the guidelines at all, see
    >www.acs.org.au . Your scenario is going to lead to a Recognition of
    >Prior Learning (RPL) application.

Correct - I'm just beginning to sort things out (going for US
citizenship before applying for Aussie PR) so trying to work out how
to spin plates a bit - get as much as I can get done for the Aussie PR
without jeopardizing the application for US citizenship.

Many thanks for the info posted - appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.