this end I would be very grateful if someone could tell me how to get the forms
for this. Do I download them from a website somewhere or do ask ACS to send
them to me?

Thanks in advance

Jim & Vikki

[email protected]

Old Sep 12th 2002, 11:37 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS Forms?

In submitting a skills assessment to the ACS you are going to need to be more resourceful than simply posting queries like this on a newsgroup (ie have you thought of using a search engine to find the ACS's website?).

That said, to get you started, head for http://www.acs.org.au

Best regards.

Originally posted by Jim West:
O.K. I'm ready to take the first step. Company I work for is organising me a
reference and I need to make my application to ACS for skills assessment. To
this end I would be very grateful if someone could tell me how to get the forms
for this. Do I download them from a website somewhere or do ask ACS to send
them to me?

Thanks in advance

Jim & Vikki

[email protected]
Old Sep 13th 2002, 2:30 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Jim, Vikki,

> Do I download them from a website somewhere or do ask
> ACS to send them to me?

While not recommended, maybe you could try to send an email to ACS at [email protected] and ask them where their website is?

Peter
Old Sep 13th 2002, 4:08 am
Joe Smith

Jim & Vicky,

Check out http://www.acs.org.au. You can download
application form under "Assessment for Migration".

Joe

"Jim West" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] >...
    > O.K. I'm ready to take the first step. Company I work for is organising me a
    > reference and I need to make my application to ACS for skills assessment. To
    > this end I would be very grateful if someone could tell me how to get the
    > forms for this. Do I download them from a website somewhere or do ask ACS to
    > send them to me?
    > Thanks in advance
    > Jim & Vikki
    > [email protected]

Old Sep 13th 2002, 9:10 am
Jim West

Thank you for your advice! I have checked out the ACS website on prior occasions and
have been left confused! I have read that application forms downloaded from the net
will not be acceptable (I assume this means that they should only be downloaded from
the ACS site?) and the links to download the forms appear to be permanently broken! I
reported this to ACS (via eMail) and received no response! (Maybe my eMail didn't
reach them) And I also understand that they do not encourage emails anyway.

So short of putting pen to paper and posting an airmail letter I ask again! Has
anyone any advice on getting these forms please

Regards

Jim & Vikki

"Jim West" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > O.K. I'm ready to take the first step. Company I work for is organising me
a
    > reference and I need to make my application to ACS for skills assessment. To this
    > end I would be very grateful if someone could tell me how to get
the
    > forms for this. Do I download them from a website somewhere or do ask ACS to send
    > them to me?
    > Thanks in advance
    > Jim & Vikki
    > [email protected]

Old Sep 13th 2002, 9:20 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

> Has anyone any advice on getting these forms please

I take it that you're not specializing in the latest IT technologies (i.e. web/internet/LAN/WAN etc).

Step by step guide for web dummies:

1) Go to http://www.acs.org.au/
2) On the blue LHS column, look for "Assessment for Migration". Point your mouse over the sentence and click on it (left click if using a PC).
3) On the white main pane, you will now see "Assessment for Migration Purposes". At the bottom of the white pane, you will see 4 options. Left click on the link that says "How to lodge an application".
4) You will then see two very prominently displayed sentences on the white pane. You should read the page properly, and download (right click and "Save As...") the link that says:
"Assessment Application Form".

This has worked for myself and hundreds of other people who have downloaded the forms online (which, BTW, is synonymous with "from the internet") off the ACS website.

The direct URL (which is definitely not broken) is:

http://www.acs.org.au/static/national/skills%20assessment%20form-new.rtf

If you still have problems downloading the assessment forms, you should consider hiring a registered migration agent to assist you.

HTH

Peter
Old Sep 13th 2002, 11:20 am
George Lombard

Hi Jim,

Emailing you the form now. Not sure why everyone else are being web nazis
about it :-)

Cheers

George Lombard
--
www.austimmigration.com.au

> Thank you for your advice! I have checked out the ACS website on prior occasions
    > and have been left confused! I have read that application forms downloaded from
    > the net will not be acceptable (I assume this means that they should only be
    > downloaded from
the
    > ACS site?) and the links to download the forms appear to be permanently broken! I
    > reported this to ACS (via eMail) and received no response!
(Maybe
    > my eMail didn't reach them) And I also understand that they do not
encourage
    > emails anyway.
    > So short of putting pen to paper and posting an airmail letter I ask
again!
    > Has anyone any advice on getting these forms please
    > Regards
    > Jim & Vikki
    > "Jim West" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >
    > > O.K. I'm ready to take the first step. Company I work for is organising
me
    > a
    > > reference and I need to make my application to ACS for skills
assessment.
    > > To this end I would be very grateful if someone could tell me how to get
    > the
    > > forms for this. Do I download them from a website somewhere or do ask ACS to
    > > send them
to
    > > me?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance
    > >
    > > Jim & Vikki
    > >
    > > [email protected]
    > >
    > >
    > >

Old Sep 13th 2002, 12:26 pm
ian
Ping Pom

ian is an unknown quantity at this point

I used the ones from the website, filled them in (by hand), and posted them with required documentation.

Originally posted by Jim West:
Thank you for your advice! I have checked out the ACS website on prior occasions and
have been left confused! I have read that application forms downloaded from the net
will not be acceptable (I assume this means that they should only be downloaded from
the ACS site?) and the links to download the forms appear to be permanently broken! I
reported this to ACS (via eMail) and received no response! (Maybe my eMail didn't
reach them) And I also understand that they do not encourage emails anyway.

So short of putting pen to paper and posting an airmail letter I ask again! Has
anyone any advice on getting these forms please

Regards

Jim & Vikki

> O.K. I'm ready to take the first step. Company I work for is organising me
a
    > reference and I need to make my application to ACS for skills assessment. To this
    > end I would be very grateful if someone could tell me how to get
the
    > forms for this. Do I download them from a website somewhere or do ask ACS to send
    > them to me?
    > Thanks in advance
    > Jim & Vikki
    > [email protected]
Old Sep 13th 2002, 1:11 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

George, waaaaaaait a minute....

You gave him the fish, I showed him how to fish! Believe me, it's much tougher to type out those instructions.

Anyway, I don't fancy wearing the swastika...

Cheers,
Peter

Originally posted by George Lombard:
Not sure why everyone else are being web nazis about it :-)