View Poll Results: Is Exprience Certification should capture these details.
Yes
100.00%
No
0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

ACS - Employer references - Info Reqd

Old Sep 22nd 2008, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

nandi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS - Employer references - Info Reqd

Hi,

Am Currently processing my PR through a migration agent.

Its is in the First stage- ACS assessment, I understand the Employers reference requires "full or part-time along with demonstrated levels of competence with any computer languages, the various types of hardware and software used and the extent of involvement with any major projects"

HR Policy of my organization do not to provide such details of employees typically roles and responsibilities. And i can't tell that i'm processing a PR, which is not culturally accepted in organization.

Will this be a genuine reason by ACS to accept this? or what else could be provided.

Please help on how to proceed on this.

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

stellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nice
Default Re: ACS - Employer references - Info Reqd

You will need references from Employers, specifically detailing what the ACS want or you are stuffed.

How can you be assessed otherwise?
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

LINZI32 is on a distinguished road

They need to know every little detail about your job, how you went about doing certain tasks in great detail, we felt like we was writing ours as if the person reading it was thick...but thats how they want it. We had to get reference dating back 20 years....very hard work and mega stressful.

Good Luck
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Satch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to all

I am going to have similar problems. I worked a high level IT job for one of the largest banks and HR is refusing to give me this information much less address it to Immigration. They are willing to verify salary, basic job description, dates worked and that's about it. They have stated they have to address it to me as well as to address it to Australian Immigration but give to me is against DPA.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

cherni is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, in my case, as yours, I couldn't detail everything in my reference letters. So, they basically say:
Agustin worked in this company as a IT Security consultant full time from JAN/06 to March/06 and July/06 to Aug/06. His fee was XXX USD/h. Agustin was involved in many projects related to IT and security, such as:

1.- bla lbalba
2.- blalbaba
3.- blalbaloba
4.- and more blablaba

I strongly recommend Agustin for any position bla albal balblala. If you have any doubts, please do not hesitate to contact me.

John Doe
The Boss
Company XYZ
Then my CV states the same as the reference letters but I added another document that says "CV Detailed description" where I added a two page per project description... I think that this should give them a good idea of my knowledge.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

Originally Posted by cherni
Well, in my case, as yours, I couldn't detail everything in my reference letters. So, they basically say:
Agustin worked in this company as a IT Security consultant full time from JAN/06 to March/06 and July/06 to Aug/06. His fee was XXX USD/h. Agustin was involved in many projects related to IT and security, such as:

1.- bla lbalba
2.- blalbaba
3.- blalbaloba
4.- and more blablaba

I strongly recommend Agustin for any position bla albal balblala. If you have any doubts, please do not hesitate to contact me.

John Doe
The Boss
Company XYZ
Then my CV states the same as the reference letters but I added another document that says "CV Detailed description" where I added a two page per project description... I think that this should give them a good idea of my knowledge.
Well guys i know case of some guys where the HR don't give them the detailed reference letter, so to handle the situation they get the HR style reference letter and also they get the personal reference letters from their colleagues which signed by their colleagues. Moreover attached the business cards of the colleagues with the personal reference letters and attach a letter explaining why u are not attaching a detailed letter from the HR dept.

Regards
Malik