references?

My problem is that one of the companies I worked for recently went out of
business, and I have no contact with any of those people at the moment :-(
What would be the best way to prove to the ACS that I actually worked there,
etc?

RSA

Old Jun 27th 2005, 10:59 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS: Employer References

Originally Posted by Rsa
Hi all

I am about to have my skills assessed with the ACS, and just want to know if
there are any people out there who can give me advise regarding the employer
references?

My problem is that one of the companies I worked for recently went out of
business, and I have no contact with any of those people at the moment :-(
What would be the best way to prove to the ACS that I actually worked there,
etc?

RSA
Are you still in contact with anybody that worked there? I think you can get a statutory declaration from a colleague (preferably someone fairly senior) to say you worked there.
Old Jun 27th 2005, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

mattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wmoore
Are you still in contact with anybody that worked there? I think you can get a statutory declaration from a colleague (preferably someone fairly senior) to say you worked there.
Hi,

If you have any evidence that you were employed by this company (contract, wage slips etc..) you can supply certified copies of these with a statutory declaration from yourself. I sent off my assessment a couple of weeks ago under RPL. I supplied a copy of the contract,a reference from the agent who placed me with the company and a stat dec.
BTW my assessment is just been assigned.

regards and good luck
mattmc
Old Jun 27th 2005, 12:43 pm
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mattmc
Hi,

If you have any evidence that you were employed by this company (contract, wage slips etc..) you can supply certified copies of these with a statutory declaration from yourself. I sent off my assessment a couple of weeks ago under RPL. I supplied a copy of the contract,a reference from the agent who placed me with the company and a stat dec.
BTW my assessment is just been assigned.

regards and good luck
mattmc

That would do it. I was asked for more info from DIMIA (well after ACS had approved my skills) about a previous employment. I had to provide a statutory declaration, telephone listing (or other proof that the company existed) and back statements for the period I was employed showing salary payments going in.

While you are at it, get 2 copies of everything certified as well as 2 stat declarations as you will also need certified copies for the actual visa application.

Another tip is make sure that all employee references are dated. I had one that wasn't and had to get it redone.
Old Jun 27th 2005, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

brutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by youcanlaugh
That would do it. I was asked for more info from DIMIA (well after ACS had approved my skills) about a previous employment. I had to provide a statutory declaration, telephone listing (or other proof that the company existed) and back statements for the period I was employed showing salary payments going in.

While you are at it, get 2 copies of everything certified as well as 2 stat declarations as you will also need certified copies for the actual visa application.

Another tip is make sure that all employee references are dated. I had one that wasn't and had to get it redone.
I have recieved a stat dec from my previous boss, will that be enough?

The company went bust and I've no other evidence other than this reference from him. Its not on headed paper, though he will be contactable for proof.

If the ACS think they need more info, will they ask for it or just decline without question?
Old Jun 27th 2005, 1:10 pm
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by brutus
I have recieved a stat dec from my previous boss, will that be enough?

The company went bust and I've no other evidence other than this reference from him. Its not on headed paper, though he will be contactable for proof.

If the ACS think they need more info, will they ask for it or just decline without question?
Not sure if the ACS would require more, but DIMIA would I would imagine. I supplied a normal reference, but they noticed that I moved country whilst still working for the same company (which I did), and hence they asked for more info. Do you not have proof of salary going in to your accounts?
Old Jun 27th 2005, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

brutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by youcanlaugh
Not sure if the ACS would require more, but DIMIA would I would imagine. I supplied a normal reference, but they noticed that I moved country whilst still working for the same company (which I did), and hence they asked for more info. Do you not have proof of salary going in to your accounts?
It only comprises my first six months in employment and it was nearly 6 years ago so evidence is scarce for this. Hopefully they'll accept his word, he was the Director at the time.

B