ACS Assessment Appeal

Old Oct 31st 2007, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light
Default ACS Assessment Appeal

I received my ACS Assessment back fine and was passed as Systems Manager this is fine, but I have security involved in my role so I have had a more detailed reference from my employer and hope to get security added to my assessment which will get me the 120 points needed.

My question is has anyone appealed to the ACS and how did you get on?
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:11 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS Assessment Appeal

Originally Posted by edie209
I received my ACS Assessment back fine and was passed as Systems Manager this is fine, but I have security involved in my role so I have had a more detailed reference from my employer and hope to get security added to my assessment which will get me the 120 points needed.

Hi Edie,

We've been successful with two appeals on behalf of clients in the last month but whether an appeal will succeed or not depends on your documentation. Honestly if you wanted security it would be better to spend some money on the CISSP certification, then there's no argument. But you're welcome to email me if you want to go through the ACS review procedure.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:17 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Eddie,

You might want to get your experience assessed by an IT-aware agent via an initial assessment just to confirm if you have the required experience to appeal for MODL. Network security, which doesn't always involve CISSP, is something that not every agent understands.

If you want to send me your CV via my initial assessment form at my website, I can take a look at it and advise further.

Cheers
Peter
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:24 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ptlabs
Eddie,

You might want to get your experience assessed by an IT-aware agent via an initial assessment just to confirm if you have the required experience to appeal for MODL. Network security, which doesn't always involve CISSP, is something that not every agent understands.

If you want to send me your CV via my initial assessment form at my website, I can take a look at it and advise further.

Cheers
Peter
Hi Edie,

I'd just mention in respect of Peter's post that I'm more interested in seeing a scan of the ACS assessment and your employer references and CV as submitted to ACS, and that a critical issue with network security is that ACS finds it really quite difficult to define - email them if you don't believe me - as these descriptors have been imposed on them by officials using aggregated labour market statistics.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Oct 31st 2007, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for your replies guys, but I think you might have misunderstood me I have already appealed about two weeks ago so its too late to go over the documents (although I wish I had had an IT savey adviser when I started this) what I'm really trying to find out is how many have been successful and how many have not.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 12:29 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies guys, but I think you might have misunderstood me I have already appealed about two weeks ago so its too late to go over the documents (although I wish I had had an IT savey adviser when I started this) what I'm really trying to find out is how many have been successful and how many have not.
Edie,

It really boils down to your specific circumstances as it's not driven by a quota system where so many people must fail out of that many applicant. If you have sufficient proof of your MODL credentials, then you'll get what you applied for.

All the best.

Cheers
Peter
Old Oct 31st 2007, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Fugazi1000 will become famous soon enoughFugazi1000 will become famous soon enough

Although it doesn't help your case directly, my own experience of the ACS assessment was strange. I have been CISSP certified for 4 years and doing an Infosec management role for the past 5 years, yet was given MODL with 'nec - Network Security' for the work I did prior to 2002. I do think it comes down to how the cv is interpreted and by whom. If you can meet the criteria for CISSP (5 years of CBOK experience plus a 6 hour exam) then you should certainly be able to word a cv to support network security experience to meet ACS requirements.