ACS assessment

Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:52 am
Just Joined

gaya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS assessment

I'm planning to get my qualifications assessed.. but i'm pretty nervous, i'm not using an agent. i have BCS and around 8 years of experience, lately in business analysis..
has anyone in similar capacity applied and got through??

i'm little worried on what i have to submit the experience letter and my resume
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

MikeSplicer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ACS assessment

Hi

I have just submitted my ACS folder, but I have an agent, I suppose it depends how confident you are and also how quick you want it sorting, but I would recomend using an agent it certainly quickened things up for us. Dont know if you alowed to recomend agents specificly on this board so if you like I could send you a PM. Mine has been great and really helpfull and very prompt whith all queries even though he is in Auz.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

nickUK is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gaya
I'm planning to get my qualifications assessed.. but i'm pretty nervous, i'm not using an agent. i have BCS and around 8 years of experience, lately in business analysis..
has anyone in similar capacity applied and got through??

i'm little worried on what i have to submit the experience letter and my resume

Hi Mate,

Best to checkout the ACS guidelines available at http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?acti...killguidelines as it depends on your degree type, etc.

My background is a degree in Comp Sci, then a few years in IT support then Business Analysis. I applied for ACS assessment under the Computing Prof. NEC category and was successful. Its really important to get the references covering all the details ACS and DIAC need, as without it ACS can class your experience as 'not assessable'.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Nick
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:33 am
Just Joined

Looks like i cannot use PM.. it says "The administrator has restricted use of the private message system to members with more than 3 posts."
i would like to know more details of your agent.. i inquired a few but seemed too expensive
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nickUK
Hi Mate,

Best to checkout the ACS guidelines available at http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?acti...killguidelines as it depends on your degree type, etc.

My background is a degree in Comp Sci, then a few years in IT support then Business Analysis. I applied for ACS assessment under the Computing Prof. NEC category and was successful. Its really important to get the references covering all the details ACS and DIAC need, as without it ACS can class your experience as 'not assessable'.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Nick
thanks nick.. i know i have read the ACS site many times (but still little uncertain) is there any specific format i should put my cv in? i have reference letters from my previous employer stating 5 year "as senior analyst programmer" but my project role involved more business analysis task.. and the last employement i have worked as an ERP concultant.. after that i am now playing a multi role in project coordination and operations
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

thanks nick.. i know i have read the ACS site many times (but still little uncertain) is there any specific format i should put my cv in? i have reference letters from my previous employer stating 5 year "as senior analyst programmer" but my project role involved more business analysis task.. and the last employement i have worked as an ERP concultant.. after that i am now playing a multi role in project coordination and operations

The standard layout CV is fine. Although, as I no-longer list all my technical experience I submitted an addendum with mine. In the references you have to have a brief job description, and for DIAC I think list five main duties/responsibilities.

Not sure about whether ACS would assess your ERP, Proj Coord experience as ICT-relevant - may be best submitting an enquiry... http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?acti...D=skillenquiry

Cheers

Nick
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MikeSplicer
Hi

I have just submitted my ACS folder, but I have an agent, I suppose it depends how confident you are and also how quick you want it sorting, but I would recomend using an agent it certainly quickened things up for us. Dont know if you alowed to recomend agents specificly on this board so if you like I could send you a PM. Mine has been great and really helpfull and very prompt whith all queries even though he is in Auz.
it seems i have to wait 24 hours to access PM. will reply to you then
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nickUK
The standard layout CV is fine. Although, as I no-longer list all my technical experience I submitted an addendum with mine. In the references you have to have a brief job description, and for DIAC I think list five main duties/responsibilities.

Not sure about whether ACS would assess your ERP, Proj Coord experience as ICT-relevant - may be best submitting an enquiry... http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?acti...D=skillenquiry

Cheers

Nick
I will be using the same CV & references for both ACS & DIAC, this will be ok rite?
as it has listed more than 5 main duties, etc
detail experience, time scale, qualifications, etc
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ChocCake
I will be using the same CV & references for both ACS & DIAC, this will be ok rite?
as it has listed more than 5 main duties, etc
detail experience, time scale, qualifications, etc
That's what I did. I just incorporated both ACS and DIAC requirements in my references to avoid having to seperate versions - as its difficult enough to get one detailed reference from an employer these days
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

MikeSplicer is on a distinguished road

Looks like i cannot use PM.. it says "The administrator has restricted use of the private message system to members with more than 3 posts."
i would like to know more details of your agent.. i inquired a few but seemed too expensive
They are not cheap but they do help you and may even save some money in the long run you need to pay each time you apply even if you un-succesful and need to re-apply.

My agent is George Lombard at

http://www.austimmigration.com.au/site/

mods please delete/edit this post if I have broken the rules by posting the above link please.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 6:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MikeSplicer
They are not cheap but they do help you and may even save some money in the long run you need to pay each time you apply even if you un-succesful and need to re-apply.

My agent is George Lombard at

http://www.austimmigration.com.au/site/

mods please delete/edit this post if I have broken the rules by posting the above link please.
Thanks..