ACS Assesment -Help needed.

Old Jan 21st 2008, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

gurukrubha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS Assesment -Help needed.

Hi,
I am a Software engineer with around 9 years experience.

I had applied for ACS skills assessment and the assessment from ACS has been shocking to me as they have considered the experience only from my current employer.

Actually I have worked in 3-4 top notch IT companies in INDIA starting my career and my employment break up was

Company A- Jan 99 till May 2000
Company B - May 2000 till SEP 2002
Company C - Sep 2002 till April 2003
Compony D - April 2003 till date.

I had obtained a letter from all the employers detailing my roles and responsibilities,

What i had done was i gave the same format of letter (including wording) with minor modification of my roles(as required) to all the employers and they had also provided the reference in the same format.

Now ACS has not considered the reference letters from all my previous employers and they have considered it to be zero years..and have considered only 4.3 years of experience and assessed me for 2231 - 11 Asco code.

I spoke to the ACS officer and she says since the letters are in the same format we have not considered it.

Actually i was expecting to be in MODL so that the processing time can be faster.

AM yet to take my IELTS and now i have to score 7 in IELTS then only i will get 120 Points

Am very much confused as to reappeal to ACS or not.
Now what should i do can any one guide me as we have to file the application with DIMIA ASAP.

Regards
gurukrubha
Old Jan 21st 2008, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS Assesment -Help needed.

Hi

If you have been approved under Group A, then there is no need to get the previous experience recognised by ACS. If you were approved and want another try at MODL points then maybe re-apply with further evidence of your MODL experience for at least 12 months in the past 4 years. A project report using the MODL skills/experience is often a good way to bring the MODL skills to the fore as well as specific details on the MODL skill in your current reference. So maybe re-apply while you also sort a crack at the IELTS so if the IELTS does not come off, you are at least someway advanced to getting a second result from the ACS

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jan 21st 2008, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Out of curiosity how long did it take the ACS to assess your paperwork? Im asking as my application has been with the ACS for 11 weeks and Im still in process.

Last edited by Mairead; Jan 21st 2008 at 4:25 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

thanks Tony for the Quick response.

Actually am assessed in the GROUP A by ACS under 2231-11.
and my current job with my current employer has been in the MODL items like J2EE and peoplesoft. which has also been mentioned in the reference letter,but still ACS has not granted MODL.

and also my doubt is ...will DIMIA Query/doubt/disapprove my application since ACS has considered it to be zero.
honestly they are true and i can proove it as they are genuine.

with this stage what exactly should i do to get my MODL points as am not sure if i will get 7 points in IELTS.

your help is much appreciated.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mairead
Out of curiosity how long did it take the ACS to assess your paperwork? Im asking as my application has been with the ACS for 11 weeks and Im still in process.
Hey Mairead, any word?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Mairead,

Mine was a lengthy process as ACS had raised query and wanted supporting documents from my previous employers (but the pain is they are considered to be zero months expereince)..

actually i applied ot ACS in august end and got my assesment in jan 1st week.

Regards
M
Old Jan 21st 2008, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gurukrubha

and my current job with my current employer has been in the MODL items like J2EE and peoplesoft. which has also been mentioned in the reference letter,but still ACS has not granted MODL.

and also my doubt is ...will DIMIA Query/doubt/disapprove my application since ACS has considered it to be zero.

with this stage what exactly should i do to get my MODL points as am not sure if i will get 7 points in IELTS.

It would make you wonder what the point of the references are if they cant just pick up the phone and ring them to make sure they are real. I tink that this is very sloppy on the part of ACS as they were given all the documentation they asked for. Well, sorry to hear about that. I would say, find out where your next IELTS exam is. I dont think there is a guarantee that your MODL would go through quicker anyway, but an appeal on your ACS might actually slow it down more than going the IELTS route.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

did the reference clearly state that you had at least 12 months experience with J2EE and state the level of your involvement ? do you have any J2EE certifications ? 1 or more project reports to cover your involvement for at least 12 months in the last 4 years may be the way to go. As long as your degree was prior to the last 3 years of your current experience I can't see DIAC having any problem with the fact that the ACS approval letter only recognises your current position. If you do re-apply to ACS then you could address the previous experience and explain why the references are in similar format or get a oneliner from the previous referees to explain that the contents of their previous references are true in content and were written in the format suggested by you.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jan 21st 2008, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by welshtony
did the reference clearly state that you had at least 12 months experience with J2EE and state the level of your involvement ? do you have any J2EE certifications ? 1 or more project reports to cover your involvement for at least 12 months in the last 4 years may be the way to go. As long as your degree was prior to the last 3 years of your current experience I can't see DIAC having any problem with the fact that the ACS approval letter only recognises your current position. If you do re-apply to ACS then you could address the previous experience and explain why the references are in similar format or get a oneliner from the previous referees to explain that the contents of their previous references are true in content and were written in the format suggested by you.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Ok Tony,

am planning to re appeal to ACS explaining the facts.and in the meanwhile have to get "7" in IELTS...lets see what god has kept for me....
Old Jan 21st 2008, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by welshtony

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
tony,

Which exam in IELTS should i take is it Academic or General Training for applying thru 175 Visa category ?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

No news Kev!!! One of these days eh!!

gurukrubha thanks for giving me your timeline!!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony,

Which exam in IELTS should i take is it Academic or General Training for applying thru 175 Visa category ?

Up to you - Consensus is that General is a bit easier.

Regards

Tony Coates
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:20 am
Just Joined

vasavenugopal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Thanks for our post with useful stuff.
I am currently working for a big MNC in SAP area. I fall in your path only..i did work for couple of Big companies in India before moving out to overseas assignments.I am planning to apply for skills assessment. Can i request you to suggest me the ways with any useful tips to be considered
or if you can give me your direct mail id, i will be grateful.

My id is [email protected]

Regards
VENU

Hi,
I am a Software engineer with around 9 years experience.

I had applied for ACS skills assessment and the assessment from ACS has been shocking to me as they have considered the experience only from my current employer.

Actually I have worked in 3-4 top notch IT companies in INDIA starting my career and my employment break up was

Company A- Jan 99 till May 2000
Company B - May 2000 till SEP 2002
Company C - Sep 2002 till April 2003
Compony D - April 2003 till date.

I had obtained a letter from all the employers detailing my roles and responsibilities,

What i had done was i gave the same format of letter (including wording) with minor modification of my roles(as required) to all the employers and they had also provided the reference in the same format.

Now ACS has not considered the reference letters from all my previous employers and they have considered it to be zero years..and have considered only 4.3 years of experience and assessed me for 2231 - 11 Asco code.

I spoke to the ACS officer and she says since the letters are in the same format we have not considered it.

Actually i was expecting to be in MODL so that the processing time can be faster.

AM yet to take my IELTS and now i have to score 7 in IELTS then only i will get 120 Points

Am very much confused as to reappeal to ACS or not.
Now what should i do can any one guide me as we have to file the application with DIMIA ASAP.

Regards
gurukrubha