ACS ANZSCO queries

Old Dec 3rd 2010, 7:14 am
Just Joined

syriyaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS ANZSCO queries

Hi Guys,

It might be asked in past but I could not find any answer of it so trying my luck in here.
I got my ACS PASA result letter today but my name is written other way like, I used to write "ABC XYZ" but the letter has got it "XYZ ABC".
Now I am worried about if it can impact my PR application. When I got acknowledgement from ACS after doco submission, name was wrong in email and I immidiatly replied them to correct that. But when I walked in ACS ofice today receptionist was saying they dont have any email from me in their database.... bizzare.
Anyway, I called an agent he said that should not be a problem but when i called DIAC they said it may be a problem. So, I am in fix what to do.
Please share your experiences if you have on the same ....

Thanks in anticipation..
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

fuel4mind is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Name flipped in ACS result letter

Originally Posted by syriyaz
Hi Guys,

It might be asked in past but I could not find any answer of it so trying my luck in here.
I got my ACS PASA result letter today but my name is written other way like, I used to write "ABC XYZ" but the letter has got it "XYZ ABC".
Now I am worried about if it can impact my PR application. When I got acknowledgement from ACS after doco submission, name was wrong in email and I immidiatly replied them to correct that. But when I walked in ACS ofice today receptionist was saying they dont have any email from me in their database.... bizzare.
Anyway, I called an agent he said that should not be a problem but when i called DIAC they said it may be a problem. So, I am in fix what to do.
Please share your experiences if you have on the same ....

Thanks in anticipation..
If you know your assessor contact email then may be you should write to him/her about this issue. I believe ACS will re-issue the assessment letter with the correct name. They made a similar mistake in my letter too.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 11:41 am
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

Your name: ABC XYZ

XYZ ABC : Problem

XYZ, ABC: No Problem.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 1:16 pm
Premium Member

armandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nice

Originally Posted by gr8leo87
Your name: ABC XYZ

XYZ ABC : Problem

XYZ, ABC: No Problem.
I second that. That ',' can turn it upside down

armandra!
Old Jan 12th 2011, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

sanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the rough
Default ANZSCO codes 261312 and 261313

I am very confused with these two ANZSCO codes 261312 (Developer Programmer) and 261313 (Software Engineer).
My work experience always has been writing code, developing apps, debugging testing and also involved in designing the components to some extent, active participation in requirement gathering.

My designation has never been as a software architech or designer.. but mostly as a senior developer, or software engineer.

My questions is, If I nominate 261313 (Software Engineer) for skills assessment and if the ACS officer thinks that I do not have experience enough to be nominated as 261313 then will he reject the application or he may nominate my skills as 261312 and give a positive result ?? (all other requirements are fulfilled)

Somebody please answer

Many thanks
Sanju
Old Jan 12th 2011, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

umair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant future
Default Re: ANZSCO codes 261312 and 261313

Hi,
According to your job roles and responsibilities, Developer Programmer suits your profile. However designation doe not matter. ACS will look for the job description which you will provide.

Thanks.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

sanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the roughsanjuwakhare is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Umair. Actually my experience is close match to both of them. In my 7 years of IT experience only early 2 years were pure development. Then all mix of development and other stuff. Basically equal contribution in all the stages of SDLC.

Thats where my confusion is.

I think I should better go for lower class code 261312 (Developer) than to nominate 261313 (Software Engineer) and weaken my application.

What's your say on this?
Old Jan 13th 2011, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

umair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sanjuwakhare
Thanks Umair. Actually my experience is close match to both of them. In my 7 years of IT experience only early 2 years were pure development. Then all mix of development and other stuff. Basically equal contribution in all the stages of SDLC.

Thats where my confusion is.

I think I should better go for lower class code 261312 (Developer) than to nominate 261313 (Software Engineer) and weaken my application.

What's your say on this?
Yes tats right.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Another thing is, If I get a visa with what ever nominated code, does this code affects getting a job in Australia. I mean, does employers have any restriction. In my opinion it should NOT affect in anyway. Job will purely depend on interview. But I thought better to clear my doubt
Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

naikmn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default australian computer society queries

Hi,

My husband has applied for GSM 175 in April 2008 which is still pending(Its priority 4 ). The asco code given by ACS in 2008 was 2231-79 -- Computing Professionals NEC. Now ACS has released information on skills assessment review, according to which DIAC will prioritise GSM application based on ANZSCO code if the GSM application was lodged before July 1 2010 on the basis of asco code 2231-79 (nec), and a new skills assessment of same qualifications yields in an ANZSCO code on SOL-Schedule 3.

Here is the link to the new information from ACS:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ent-review.pdf

My husband is thinking of getting a new skills assessment for the same qualifications that he had got assessed in 2008 . And with this assessment attached to the GSM application( assuming a favorable outcome from ACS with an ANZSCO code of 'Developer Programmer' or 'Software Engineer' or similar) we are hoping that our application gets processed according to priority 3 and not 4.

I will appreciate if somebody can tell me if what we have interpreted from the ACS skills review factsheet is correct. I want to make sure that my husband and I are doing the right thing by going the skills re-assessment route.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 5:21 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: GSM 175 and skills re-assessment from ACS

Originally Posted by naikmn
Hi,

My husband has applied for GSM 175 in April 2008 which is still pending(Its priority 4 ). The asco code given by ACS in 2008 was 2231-79 -- Computing Professionals NEC. Now ACS has released information on skills assessment review, according to which DIAC will prioritise GSM application based on ANZSCO code if the GSM application was lodged before July 1 2010 on the basis of asco code 2231-79 (nec), and a new skills assessment of same qualifications yields in an ANZSCO code on SOL-Schedule 3.

My husband is thinking of getting a new skills assessment for the same qualifications that he had got assessed in 2008 . And with this assessment attached to the GSM application( assuming a favorable outcome from ACS with an ANZSCO code of 'Developer Programmer' or 'Software Engineer' or similar) we are hoping that our application gets processed according to priority 3 and not 4.

I will appreciate if somebody can tell me if what we have interpreted from the ACS skills review factsheet is correct. I want to make sure that my husband and I are doing the right thing by going the skills re-assessment route.

get new assessment and you would be lodging a new application and i think u will need to inform DIAC about the step.
if u get the mentioned ANZCO code u will be processed in priority 3 and if u able to get a state sponsorship you priority will move to 2.

I would recommend go for new application because priority 4 going to take years.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

naikmn is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks shafaqat309, but I am still not clear about the review from ACS.

Here is what the ACS document says :

" Australian Computer Society (ACS) Skills Assessment Review
The following information is for General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa applicants who:
• lodged their application on the basis of a skills assessment by ACS in the Australian
Standards Classification of Occupations (ASCO) occupation of Computing
Professionals NEC prior to 1 July 2010
and
• subsequently sought a further skills assessment (this may be known as a review, a
revalidation or a new skills assessment) from the ACS to determine their skilled
occupation under Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations
(ANZSCO).
ACS allows applications for further skills assessments following the announcement of the
Skilled Occupation List (SOL) in ANZSCO that came into effect on 1 July 2010. The review is
offered by ACS in light of this change to determine if the materials submitted for the original
skills assessment could receive a skills assessment for an occupation classified under
ANZSCO.
If ACS assess an applicant as suitable against an ANZSCO occupation, solely on the basis of
the materials provided for the original skills assessment, the department will prioritise the
GSM application based on that ANZSCO occupation.

If you have lodged an online application, to notify the department of this information please
attach your further skills assessment to your GSM visa online application, then email it with
the subject title ‘ACS review’ and your file reference number.
Email: [email protected]
See: Attaching Documents to a General Skilled Migration Visa Application
If you have lodged a paper application, or you are unable to attach your documents to your
GSM visa online application, please scan and attach the information to an email with the
subject title ‘ACS review’ and your file reference number.
Note: This does not guarantee immediate allocation. Your application will be allocated in the
same order as applications based on that ANZSCO occupation. For updates on processing
times and dates, please send a blank email to the department. The case officer will then
determine whether your nominated occupation and supporting documentation maps to the
ANZSCO occupation.
If ACS assess an applicant as suitable against an ANZSCO occupation, but on the basis of
qualifications or experience obtained after the date of the original skills assessment, the
department will consider it as a new skills assessment.
As it is not possible to change a
nominated occupation after lodgement,
any skills assessment obtained based on new
materials
cannot alter the priority of an existing application. If it is determined that new
information was provided, your application will be processed in line with priority group 4
timeframes.
Applicants who want to move to a higher priority category based on a new skills assessment
must lodge a new application. Applicants should ensure they meet all eligibility criteria before
lodging a new application.
Applicants who have concerns regarding their skills assessment should contact ACS at for
verification and any amendments if required.
"

We are planning to re-assess the same qualifications that we submitted in 2008 to ACS. So my question was whether or not our application can be bumped to priority 3 if we get ANZSCO code.

Thanks.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 7:33 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by naikmn
Hi,

If you get the re-assessment without new evidence then you get the new priority without a new application.

If you need to submit new evidence to get the code you want then that will be regarded as a new visa application with associated fee.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

bbulsara is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi BE Members.

Need You Help

Please Read This: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ent-review.pdf

I have ACS assessment positive Computer Professional NEC (2231-79) on 22 Dec 2009, As i need not got the SOL & MODL , i Re-applied under 2231-79 ( Network Security ) and got the Positive on 22 June 2010, I would like to know, as per Australian Computer Society Skills Assessment Review – 7 January 2011 , Can i Add my Second ACS Assessment to my Immigration File?

Or I need to Reapply for Review Under the ANZSCO Code?
Old Jan 29th 2011, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Default australian computer society queries

Hello Friends,

I've asked this question earlier also but I did not get any proper response. Guys please if any one has made online transfer to ACS please please please let me know what codes you used (SWIFT, BSB or both ?????? as given on the ACS site).

I searched various forums in vain before posting it here.

Today in the morning I had also gone to the HSBC bank (UK) but unfortunately they were also not able to guide properly. The person there said you need to have IBAN (International bank account number) which is very long some 14 digits.

Now, on ACS site there is only one SWIFT code mentioned and a BSB code.
SWIFT:CTBAAU2S and BSB: 062 - 017. (Both very small, not 14 digits )

Well combining SWIFT and BSB does make a 14 digit/alpha-numeric number but I dont think combining both is sensible.

HOW do i relate SWIFT and BSB to IBAN?????????? Also on the online international transfer form of HSBC bank they ask for IBAN.

On ACS FAQ's for overseas they say use SWIFT, but then the payment portal (of HSBC) does not have any field for SWIFT code, only IBAN

NOTE: Moderators, please do not delete or merge this post, please!!

Please throw some light on this, as I am now ready with all documents, just stuck with the payment part.

Hoping to get a useful reply, please!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.