ACS advice please

Old Jul 23rd 2008, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Sattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really nice
Default ACS advice please

Hi All,

A couple of months back we went through a Cat B assessment with the ACS. I applied under ASCO 2231-11 (Systems Manager), assuming that my CNE and 10 years experience in this role would be sufficient. I also listed my HNC in software engineering as a fall back in case their was a problem with the CNE.

WHen I was checking through the paperwork last weekend prior to submitting the 175 application, I noticed that the successful letter nominated ASCO 2231-19 (Systems Programmer). As I have little experience of programming since I finished the course, I assumed that this was a mistake and mailed the ACS. I received a reply today saying :

"The assessor nominates the ASCO code that they think best suits your position"

If this is the case then great, I'm not particularly bothered where the 60 points come from, but I've got a big worry that when the visa app is in progress someone will notice that my job and work experience has nothing to do with programming.

Can anyone advise if this could be a problem please ?
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

scamp1976 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ACS advice please

Originally Posted by Sattman
Hi All,

A couple of months back we went through a Cat B assessment with the ACS. I applied under ASCO 2231-11 (Systems Manager), assuming that my CNE and 10 years experience in this role would be sufficient. I also listed my HNC in software engineering as a fall back in case their was a problem with the CNE.

WHen I was checking through the paperwork last weekend prior to submitting the 175 application, I noticed that the successful letter nominated ASCO 2231-19 (Systems Programmer). As I have little experience of programming since I finished the course, I assumed that this was a mistake and mailed the ACS. I received a reply today saying :

If this is the case then great, I'm not particularly bothered where the 60 points come from, but I've got a big worry that when the visa app is in progress someone will notice that my job and work experience has nothing to do with programming.

It won't be a problem. In fact : You probably got MODL now !
Which means your visa will be processed further. Immigration just looks at what ACS tells them. They have no clue of what you do, and they're not interested in what you do either. ( they will tell you they do but like anyone else they really don't ). You're a number, in a papermill, and you have gotten a faster number, that's all. Nothing to worry about, just sit tight for the (long) ride.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 8:15 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sattman
Hi All,

Its a potential can of worms actually, 2231-19 is not MODL anyway but your points for being employed in closely related occupation might be at risk as presumably your jobs and references are in Systems Management but you are nominating (will have to due to assessment) Systems Programming as your occupation.

Professional advice may be needed
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Sattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really nice

Originally Posted by ex_exile
Its a potential can of worms actually, 2231-19 is not MODL anyway but your points for being employed in closely related occupation might be at risk as presumably your jobs and references are in Systems Management but you are nominating (will have to due to assessment) Systems Programming as your occupation.

Professional advice may be needed
Yep, that was my concern. I'm claiming the ten for closely related occupation and the ten for Oz work experience, so this could put a real spanner in the works.

However, the ACS letter states my job title as Systems Engineer, which is what my references state (actually Senior Systems Engineer).

When I mailed them I thought they would just issue a corrected letter, but this has the potential to be a bloody huge mess.