ACS "Acknowledgements"

Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Katya_Mark has a spectacular aura aboutKatya_Mark has a spectacular aura aboutKatya_Mark has a spectacular aura about
Default ACS "Acknowledgements"

My ACS skills assessment was submitted on 24/12/07 and I have just found out from our agent that we still haven't had the acknowledgement.

I know the assessment can take 8-12 weeks but is it 8-12 weeks from submission or from acknowledgement? Does it usually take this long to get the acknowledgement?

Thanks

Mark

Last edited by Katya_Mark; Jan 30th 2008 at 3:44 pm. Reason: poor spelling!!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS "Acknowledgements"

Originally Posted by Katya_Mark
My ACS skills assessment was submitted on 24/12/07 and I have just found out from our agent that we still haven't had the acknowledgement.

I know the assessment can take 8-12 weeks but is it 8-12 weeks from submission or from acknowledgement? Does it usually take this long to get the acknowledgement?

Thanks

Mark
Nope, it seems that most of the time ACS send ack emails to the wrong address. Its ridiculous how often they do that. Email them yourself as thats what I did. That way, they will have your correct address.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 4:19 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

I received my ack with the file number in about 4 weeks from submitting. You have to consider that Christmas week most of Aus was having fun off work, so there could be a week or two of a delay. Hope this helps.
NJ
Old Jan 30th 2008, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Thanks

Mark
Ours was submitted last year so timings may be different. Submitted on 09/05, acknowledgment sent to agent on 16/05.
Good luck with your application
Old Jan 30th 2008, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Katya_Mark has a spectacular aura aboutKatya_Mark has a spectacular aura aboutKatya_Mark has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Nope, it seems that most of the time ACS send ack emails to the wrong address. Its ridiculous how often they do that. Email them yourself as thats what I did. That way, they will have your correct address.
My agency's e-mail address was already printed on the form so hopefully this won't be the case.

I received my ack with the file number in about 4 weeks from submitting. You have to consider that Christmas week most of Aus was having fun off work, so there could be a week or two of a delay. Hope this helps.
NJ
Sounds like we may be experiencing a bit of a xmas and NY hang-over! Out of interest, how long did it take you to get your result after you received your ack?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 5:09 pm
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice

Thanks

Mark
My timeline you can see below if it helps

Kaitlin
Old Jan 30th 2008, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

Cyfarion is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Just to let you know, that my agent submitted an ACS application on my behalf last Friday and I got an acknowledgement (via agent) yesterday.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

I Agree with Knockoff. Whoever entered the details on the computer probably made a typing error and input the email address wrong. Thats what happened to us recently. Just give them a shout tonight and you will have the ack email within minutes of getting off the phone with them.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:08 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like we may be experiencing a bit of a xmas and NY hang-over! Out of interest, how long did it take you to get your result after you received your ack?
11 weeks in and out
NJ
Old Jan 31st 2008, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Im heading into 13 weeks and our app is still showing in process. We lodge Nov 6th but I have come across lots of people who have lodged their app in Dec and early Jan who have already had their results back. Its the luck of the draw really.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: ACS "Acknowledgements" UPDATE!!!

I found out just now, Mark PASSED!! Hooray, I am so shocked! I can't even get hold of him to tell him. We are not ready with the visa application as yet!

Good luck to all thouse others waiting, I am so so happy!

Katya
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Well done Mark!!! Congratulations!!!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mairead
Im heading into 13 weeks and our app is still showing in process. We lodge Nov 6th but I have come across lots of people who have lodged their app in Dec and early Jan who have already had their results back. Its the luck of the draw really.
Still no news? Chin up Mairead, it'll happen.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Still nothing

Chin is getting lower and lower as the days go by ...........