Wikiposts

Acknowledgment, once again...

Old Jun 19th 2004, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Chensa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Acknowledgment, once again...

Hi all,
My boyfriend and I sent two seperate applications (different evelopes) on the same delivery to DIMIA. The envelope was delivered at March 19 and both our credit cards were charged about a week later. Only thing is I received acknowledgment and he didn't.
Since he was charged, we know they received his application as well but according to timeline and other posts he should have received ack by now.
So my questions are:
1. Are there others who applied March and still waiting for ack?
2. Should we contact DIMIA or is it still too early?
3. We sent ielts results with the application. DIMIA asks to contact the british council so they will send the results directly and for that I need the file no. Will DIMIA start to check the application without the ielts results?
Old Jun 20th 2004, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

bennyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Acknowledgment, once again...

Hi there, well I'm the Boyfriend who did not get an Acknowledgment. Is there anyone else who is still waiting from March??????
(I know they got it because my credit card was charged).

Thanks,
Ben
Old Jun 20th 2004, 9:10 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally posted by bennyn
Hi there, well I'm the Boyfriend who did not get an Acknowledgment. Is there anyone else who is still waiting from March??????
(I know they got it because my credit card was charged).

Thanks,
Ben
Hi Ben,

ASPC are somtimes irregular in sending the acknowledgement. I heard and read in this forum that some people never received their acknowledgement but they got the request for meds.

The best you can do is to send an email enquiring about the acknowledgement generally they advice not to do this but if you haven't anything from them in a week or so just drop them a friendly email and ask them your file number..
cheers and Good luck
Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

jayne+doug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Chensa
Hi all,
My boyfriend and I sent two seperate applications (different evelopes) on the same delivery to DIMIA. The envelope was delivered at March 19 and both our credit cards were charged about a week later. Only thing is I received acknowledgment and he didn't.
Since he was charged, we know they received his application as well but according to timeline and other posts he should have received ack by now.
So my questions are:
1. Are there others who applied March and still waiting for ack?
2. Should we contact DIMIA or is it still too early?
3. We sent ielts results with the application. DIMIA asks to contact the british council so they will send the results directly and for that I need the file no. Will DIMIA start to check the application without the ielts results?

hi

I emailed ASPC last week to ask for my file ref number and was advised they didn't have a record of my file. I knew they had it as my credit card had been charged. I replied to them asking them politely to look again. I received an email this morning informing me that a letter of acknowledgment was posted today. I was hoping they would email my file number but obviously that would be to simple.............
Never mind at least I'm getting somewhere even if it is very slowly.

Jayne
Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:13 am
Just Joined

bennyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! could you tell me what the email is?

Ben
Old Jun 21st 2004, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

jayne+doug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bennyn
Thanks! could you tell me what the email is?

Ben
Hi Ben
the email is [email protected]

Goodluck
Jayne