Acknowledging-letter TRA

Old Sep 17th 2003, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Corinna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Acknowledging-letter TRA

Hi Everyone!
I am pretty new to the whole migration thing, wich means I´m at the very beginning of all the paperwork.
Five weeks ago I sent my application and the required documents to the TRA office in Canberra. I haven´t heard anything since then. On their information sheet the say that "you will receive a letter acknowledging receipt of your application".
BUT how long does that take?
I am thankful for every advice/information!

Corinna
Old Sep 17th 2003, 5:36 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Acknowledging-letter TRA

Originally posted by Corinna
Hi Everyone!
I am pretty new to the whole migration thing, wich means I´m at the very beginning of all the paperwork.
Five weeks ago I sent my application and the required documents to the TRA office in Canberra. I haven´t heard anything since then. On their information sheet the say that "you will receive a letter acknowledging receipt of your application".

Corinna

Did you fastrack it? If not I would wait a while longer before you start to wonder whats happened to it, I am sure it is 60 days for fastrack and up to 6 months for normal but if you need to know just e-mail them, I did this and got a quick reply, do it tonight, they will hopefully look at it while you are in bed tonight and have an answer for you in the morning, good luck and no we didn't get a letter of acknowledgement thats why we e-mailed.

Their address is: [email protected].
Old Sep 18th 2003, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Corinna is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Leanda!

I know that it takes a while until they process my case, but I´d like to be sure about the whereabouts of my papers. On the other hand I don´t want to annoy them by e-mailing or calling.

I think I wait for an other few weeks before I send them an e-mail.

Thanks, Corinna
Old Sep 18th 2003, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Acknowledging-letter TRA

Originally posted by Corinna
Hi Everyone!

Corinna
Hi Corinna
We sent our TRA stuff off via our agent on June 24th and our agent had an acknowledgment on July 23rd although WE haven't seen anything from them! the usual advice is just keep waiting!
with regards
rach