Accountants skills assesment confusion

Old Jun 5th 2010, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

toxic5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accountants skills assesment confusion

hi all,

I got my skills assessed positive by NIA Australia as Accountant-External auditor 2212-11

i still havent lodged the visa application together with Ielts because GSM is tempory suspended till july,As im hoping to lodge my application in july i was wondering in my application is it ok to put the nominated occupation as an Accountant,instead of Accountant-External auditor,because iam afraid Accountant-ex auditor wouldnt recieve priority processing even with all 7 IELETS score and i will have to be on waiting list for like 2 years,but wouldnt nominating asAccountant would have a better chance?is this true,will it be a problem wen my skills are assessed as Accountant-External auditor 2212-11,lodging the visa application nominating as Accountant 2211-11?my work experience comprises of both accounting and auditing....please help to clear my doubts
Old Jun 5th 2010, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice
Default Re: Accountants skills assesment confusion

You should lodge for the occupation that matches exactly what you have the assessment for. The priority processing ends on 30th June. So I guess you have to wait and see if the DIAC comes up with another form of priority processing. There are too many unknowns, most of which , IMO, should be cleared come 1st july.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 5:47 pm
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

If your experience was matching to that of an Accountant then why didn't you go assessment as an accountant?

Moreover, the Accountant assessment is done on the basis of your education and not experience.

If you consider your self an external auditor, or you are practising auditing, then I suppose you are a member of an accountancy body? If indeed you are member of an accountancy body you could have gotten your assessment as accountant in the first place. Why did you go for external auditor anyway?

Furthermore, your nominated occupation and your experience both DO NOT have to be the same.

Your nominated occupation has to be on the SOL and on the CSL (if looking for priority processing) and then your experience has to be on the SOL and both are unrelated events.

Oh and btw I'm dead sure every external auditor can be assessed as an accountant. Its like accountants are the students and auditors are the examiners!

I would suggest you to apply for another assessment, this time for the occupation Accountant.. and then lodge your visa!

EA are not on the priority processing.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

toxic5 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanx for the replies guys,im in a confused state,i just got my assessment results few days back ,i did through a migration agent,and as you said gr8leo87, by my qualification im an accountant(cima qualified) but my current occupation is as an external auditor,so my agent nominated the occupation for the assessment as Accountant-External Auditor he said it wont make much difference EA falls under accounting,i have pre qualifyng experience as an accountant,post experience is in auditing

now what iam confused about is when lodging my visa application,there we have to nominate a occupation ryt?therefore im i allowed to put it as accountant,instead of EA in order to receive priority processing?or if i put it as EA will my application be held for long tym?or is it best to do the assesment again?meaning i cant re apply to NIA ryt?i have to pay the full mount again and statr from sketch ?
Old Jun 6th 2010, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Ozzieland is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by toxic5
thanx for the replies guys,im in a confused state,i just got my assessment results few days back ,i did through a migration agent,and as you said gr8leo87, by my qualification im an accountant(cima qualified) but my current occupation is as an external auditor,so my agent nominated the occupation for the assessment as Accountant-External Auditor he said it wont make much difference EA falls under accounting,i have pre qualifyng experience as an accountant,post experience is in auditing

now what iam confused about is when lodging my visa application,there we have to nominate a occupation ryt?therefore im i allowed to put it as accountant,instead of EA in order to receive priority processing?or if i put it as EA will my application be held for long tym?or is it best to do the assesment again?meaning i cant re apply to NIA ryt?i have to pay the full mount again and statr from sketch ?
Effective 1st July, there is no CSL. Therefore even if you apply as an Accountant and score 7 in each Academic IELTS module, you do not get any priority processing for CSL. You will have to check the SMPs which are expected to be released beginning July and see if EA or Accountant are on any state's list. If EA is on the state's SMP and they sponsor you, you will get priority processing and you will not need to change your profession to Accountant.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

alpinev18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ozzieland
Effective 1st July, there is no CSL. Therefore even if you apply as an Accountant and score 7 in each Academic IELTS module, you do not get any priority processing for CSL. You will have to check the SMPs which are expected to be released beginning July and see if EA or Accountant are on any state's list. If EA is on the state's SMP and they sponsor you, you will get priority processing and you will not need to change your profession to Accountant.
The academic IELTS is required by the assessment bodies, not DIAC. It has got nothing to do with DIAC.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 1:33 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

You have to apply with the code you're assessed as. Has your agent not explained this to you?
Old Jun 7th 2010, 4:45 pm
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

If you were CIMA qualified (CIMA member) you would have easily gotten +ve skills assessment without even mentioning a single word about your work experience.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Si T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to all

If you are CIMA qualified why on earth would you want to move into external audit?

On a more serious note instead of the skills assessment from NIA you may be well served in light of the new SOL by taking advantage of the CIMA/CPA Mutual Recognition Agreement which gives you reciprocal membership of CPA via your ACMA designation. If you go to www.cpaaustralia.com.au and search CIMA MRA you will find the information you need.

If you need any help with the application PM me and I will help where I can.

I applied back in February and my membership came through in 3 weeks.

Good Luck

Si
Old Jun 7th 2010, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Ozzieland is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alpinev18
The academic IELTS is required by the assessment bodies, not DIAC. It has got nothing to do with DIAC.
I am aware that academic IELTS is not required by DIAC. However, if the OP wishes to redo his skills assessment as an Accountant, he will have to do the Academic IELTS.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

alpinev18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ozzieland
I am aware that academic IELTS is not required by DIAC. However, if the OP wishes to redo his skills assessment as an Accountant, he will have to do the Academic IELTS.
The new rule will be in force w.e.f 1th July 2010. You may go ahead with the application now.