Accountants and CSL

Old Dec 14th 2009, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice
Default Accountants and CSL

Hi guys, this is my first time to this forum. I hope I can get some help. I am an accountant and waiting for decision on P.R. visa 886 (relative sponsored). Applied online 6/12/2008 but not on CSL that time. I have since 2 weeks achieved min 7 in each band in IELTS and since sent about 3 emails to immigration to let them know that I should be on CSL now, but 2 weeks have passed and no reply. Calling them on the phone hasn't been a good experience either. Anyone who has been in similar situation, any ideas? How long does it take for immigration to respond to emails sent to [email protected] and subesequently put you on CSL

Regards, and thanks to you all.

Joe
Old Dec 14th 2009, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accountants and CSL

Originally Posted by JoeBlogsOfOz
Hi guys, this is my first time to this forum. I hope I can get some help. I am an accountant and waiting for decision on P.R. visa 886 (relative sponsored). Applied online 6/12/2008 but not on CSL that time. I have since 2 weeks achieved min 7 in each band in IELTS and since sent about 3 emails to immigration to let them know that I should be on CSL now, but 2 weeks have passed and no reply. Calling them on the phone hasn't been a good experience either. Anyone who has been in similar situation, any ideas? How long does it take for immigration to respond to emails sent to [email protected] and subesequently put you on CSL

Regards, and thanks to you all.

Joe
It is entirely possibly you have been put on the CSL, you might even have a CO. They only contact you when they want something, perhaps they are looking over your file.

The only thing I am wondering about is this Brisbane eamil address you used, I thought Adelaide was the processing centre for GSM applications. Why not put in a PLE rather than email anyway, this is the preferred method of communications.

In any case it isn't necessary but it seems many people want the peace of mind. I am also an accountant who did IELTS after lodging the application, I uploaded my IELTS and somehow they detected it and allocated a CO to me without me ever notifying them.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice

Thanks Bermuda for your reply. The brisbane email address actually I got over the phone from immigration. Actually now they have two centres, Brisbane and Adelaide, former looks after online lodged applications whereas the latter does paper based. Well right now I am just hoping that I get a case officer soon.

I wanted to upload my IELTS directly, but I seem to have lost the password and there is no obvious link to retrive lost passwords. But I believe email should be equally good? what do you say?

Regards.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Bermuda for your reply. The brisbane email address actually I got over the phone from immigration. Actually now they have two centres, Brisbane and Adelaide, former looks after online lodged applications whereas the latter does paper based. Well right now I am just hoping that I get a case officer soon.

I wanted to upload my IELTS directly, but I seem to have lost the password and there is no obvious link to retrive lost passwords. But I believe email should be equally good? what do you say?

Regards.
Email is fine. But I still think you are sending them to the wrong city.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Mikoy21 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Bermudashorts! hi joe!

...uhm i do think that 886 is processed by brisbane?
Old Dec 14th 2009, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Mikoy21
hi Bermudashorts! hi joe!

...uhm i do think that 886 is processed by brisbane?
Ah ok I bow to your superior knowledge.

It must be an onshore vs offshore split. It isn't down to paper-based vs online.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

hi guys

thanks for your helps and comments so far. I just noticed the "required" next to my documents is now changed to "Received", except for medicals. Please tell me does it mean that I now have a case officer. Also I understand my medicals have expired (because they normally vaild for only one year), thats why meds are showing "required" and everything else is showing "Received".

Should I wait for an email telling me to proceed with meds or should I just go ahead any way?
-----
Timeline
Visa 886 accountant NON Csl, Lodged 6/12/08, achieved 7 in IELTS 7/12/09, emailed to immigration, and 17/12/09 documents now showing received instead of required.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

charw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant future

hi guys

thanks for your helps and comments so far. I just noticed the "required" next to my documents is now changed to "Received", except for medicals. Please tell me does it mean that I now have a case officer. Also I understand my medicals have expired (because they normally vaild for only one year), thats why meds are showing "required" and everything else is showing "Received".

Should I wait for an email telling me to proceed with meds or should I just go ahead any way?
-----
Timeline
Visa 886 accountant NON Csl, Lodged 6/12/08, achieved 7 in IELTS 7/12/09, emailed to immigration, and 17/12/09 documents now showing received instead of required.
Yes you must have a CO

Either wait for CO's contact, or lodge a PLE on above issue, directly or through your agent if you have any...Better if you can wait for any advice on medicals....

Last edited by charw; Dec 19th 2009 at 10:33 pm.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Thanks charw. I am so excited.

Regards.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 9:45 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charw
Yes you must have a CO

No it doesn't mean that there is a case officer attached to the file. It means that the documents have been received and matched up with the file. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

charw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dorothy
No it doesn't mean that there is a case officer attached to the file. It means that the documents have been received and matched up with the file. Nothing more, nothing less.
I just shared my experience. On the same date my documents change to "met", I had the mail from CO asking for meds. Further my CO had been assigned 3 days prior to documents status change, as I was able call ASPC.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 10:22 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charw
I just shared my experience. On the same date my documents change to "met", I had the mail from CO asking for meds. Further my CO had been assigned 3 days prior to documents status change, as I was able call ASPC.
And the OP never said his documents were showing "Met". He said they were showing "received". Different things.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dorothy
And the OP never said his documents were showing "Met". He said they were showing "received". Different things.
Ok. Let’s pray JoeBlogsOfOz have a CO sooner than later....
Old Dec 20th 2009, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

umm...now i am bit confused...well at least it means that somebody had actually now looked at my file....so I guess it is some advancement......thanks guys...

Regards.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

umm...now i am bit confused...well at least it means that somebody had actually now looked at my file....so I guess it is some advancement......thanks guys...

Regards.
When I had the same confusion I rang ASPC & got to know that I have a CO. Why not follow same route.......Or send a PLE as I suggested earlier......

Only people who underwent the burden of frequent changes during 2009 know the value of being optimistic about future..

Last edited by charw; Dec 20th 2009 at 12:21 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.