Are academic module IELTS scores accepted?

Old Jun 16th 2008, 8:26 am
Just Joined

Java is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are academic module IELTS scores accepted?

Hello all,

Does DIAC accept the scores of academic module IELTS test as well as the scores of general training module? I may have to sit the academic module IELTS test and I was wondering whether I could use that score for my visa (skilled independent) application as well.

Cheers,
Java
Old Jun 16th 2008, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Java is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are academic module IELTS scores accepted?

Can I take the academic test and submit the results? Will DIAC accept the results? I feel that the academic test suits me more than the general training test.

I hope you hear your take on this issue, and of course many thanks for your thoughts.

Originally Posted by Java
Hello all,

Does DIAC accept the scores of academic module IELTS test as well as the scores of general training module? I may have to sit the academic module IELTS test and I was wondering whether I could use that score for my visa (skilled independent) application as well.

Cheers,
Java
Old Jun 16th 2008, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

DickDePilot is on a distinguished road

As the Academic IELTS is set at a higher standard than the General I would assume that there would be no problem accepting it.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 11:26 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, no problem at all - I did the academic test - was quicker to get an appointment and my results were accepted with no problems.