about to start application process!!

Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

Katieliz is on a distinguished road
Default about to start application process!!

Hi Guys, I am about to start the application process and am feeling soooo scared but also very excited
I was going to go with visa bureau but after reading threads on here is it better to do it myself and save money!!!!!
Any advice would be a great help.
oh, I'm appling for a skilled 175, hoping to go to Brisbane.
If I do this application myself can I get all the forms fromm the immi website?
Thanks Katharine
Old Jan 31st 2008, 6:35 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: about to start application process!!

Originally Posted by Katieliz
Hi Guys, I am about to start the application process and am feeling soooo scared but also very excited
I was going to go with visa bureau but after reading threads on here is it better to do it myself and save money!!!!!
Thanks Katharine
Hi Katherine. Yeh all the information & forms can be downloaded from the immi site. If you feel your application as going to be straight forward then why not do it yourself. There are a lot of people who post on here if you get stuck along the way. I would recommend an Agent if you have unusual circumstances or just don't feel confident doing it yourself. Saves a bit of money but unfortunatley to wait is still as agonising
Good luck
Old Jan 31st 2008, 6:53 pm
sorry..I don't understand

funkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Katharine
Hi
Good luck with the application

We've just started the process too and are going it alone. Also on a 175 but hoping for Perth.

I know the great people here and also the agents who post (who I am sure are also great people! ) will be able to answer even the strangest of questions!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:26 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by funkydelia
Hi
Good luck with the application

We've just started the process too and are going it alone. Also on a 175 but hoping for Perth.

I know the great people here and also the agents who post (who I am sure are also great people! ) will be able to answer even the strangest of questions!

Unfortunatley the Agents who have been posting on here were slated by a BE member on another thread & have stopped posting now but hopefully they will come back to BE soon..... (If your reading this COME BACK! WE MISS YOU!)
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

I think it depends how must stress you want, we are paying an agent to stress for us, but it can be frustrating knowing all emails from oz go to them first and not you.

minibelle
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:35 pm
sorry..I don't understand

funkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Unfortunatley the Agents who have been posting on here were slated by a BE member on another thread & have stopped posting now but hopefully they will come back to BE soon..... (If your reading this COME BACK! WE MISS YOU!)
You are kidding?!!!

Come back agents! We need you!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Tez and Daz will become famous soon enoughTez and Daz will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=Katieliz;5865306]Hi Guys, I am about to start the application process and am feeling soooo scared but also very excited
Thanks Katharine[/Q

Hi Katie, Me and my other half are also going on a 175 and have filled out all the forms and now await a CO. We never used an agent and it has been fairly straight forward but stressfull if that makes any sense!
I'm lucky as my sister is also moving and has been one step ahead of me so has been a big help in pretty much everything. But saying that you can find out any info on this site as everyone is very helpfull.
Good luck to you and dont be afraid to ask those silly little questions, we have all done it!!!! Terri
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

sparky77 is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Tez and Daz;5866114]
Thanks Katharine[/Q

Hi Katie, Me and my other half are also going on a 175 and have filled out all the forms and now await a CO. We never used an agent and it has been fairly straight forward but stressfull if that makes any sense!
I'm lucky as my sister is also moving and has been one step ahead of me so has been a big help in pretty much everything. But saying that you can find out any info on this site as everyone is very helpfull.
Good luck to you and dont be afraid to ask those silly little questions, we have all done it!!!! Terri

maybe i will go down this road. applying myself
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Tez and Daz will become famous soon enoughTez and Daz will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=sparky77;5866133]
Originally Posted by Tez and Daz

maybe i will go down this road. applying myself
You will manage fine. If you can read and write its not that hard. The difficult part is getting together all the evidence which you would have to do yourself agent or not, others who have used an agent may disagree but then I'm into saving my pennys for when I get to oz.
Good luck
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

We too are just about to start the process. After a good bit of thought and looking through the application forms, I think it is something that we can handle ourselves, after all a lot of the info that I require as a nurse can be sorted out online... every penny saved is another one that can be spent over there
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by itsmylife
We too are just about to start the process. After a good bit of thought and looking through the application forms, I think it is something that we can handle ourselves, after all a lot of the info that I require as a nurse can be sorted out online... every penny saved is another one that can be spent over there
My sister is a nurse and moving to Bisbane so I will get her to get in touch and she can help you with forms ect.(she's just gone to bed as up early for work!)
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys for all your advice. Am a Nurse too and hoping to work full time in Brisbane when I get there!!!!
I've just started to look to see which forms I need, how many????
Thanks again and good luck to all
katharine
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:03 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

DON'T FILL IN THE PAPER FORMS YOU'LL BE WAITING FOREVER!!!

Do it online, it's easy, staightforward and what the DIAC want you to do...you don't have to have all your documents copied and certified, you just scan them on and you can check your application progress online (20 times a day if you want to!)

We did everything ourselves, and providing you've got no complications.... (children from previous marriages, step children, complicated skills, or complicated chronic health problems) then do it yourself! So long as you can commit to collect all the documents, scan them and have them ready to upload at the time you press 'submit' then you won't have to revisit the form and add things later.... Just remember to note the TRN code and password for future reference!!
Good luck with your journey!

Ali x
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Hi Tawkins,

Only one agent has stopped posting and Im not even too sure that they have. I read the other thread and I think the other BE poster was saying the same things that you are saying in this thread in that if your application is straight forward and you feel confident to go it alone without an agent then thats your choice.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:10 am
Just Joined

Hi Ali,

Thanks for the advice
Did you do your application through the immi website?
I'm busy going through all the forms to work out which I need to fill in!
How is your application going?

Katharine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.