ABOUT TO SEND APP OFF BUT HAVE A QUESTION

Old Apr 30th 2002, 9:30 am
Protect The Inn

Default ABOUT TO SEND APP OFF BUT HAVE A QUESTION

Hi all

The question has been asked several times and I have seen a variety of
different answers.

"Should UK traffic offences such as SP30 (speeding in a 30mph zone - fixed penalty -
3pts, £40 fine) be included on the form as 'convicted of a crime or offence in any
country'?????"

I am not convinced that these are 'convictions'

Any help before this afternoon would be magic!!

Thanks Dave

Old Apr 30th 2002, 12:20 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice
Default Re: ABOUT TO SEND APP OFF BUT HAVE A QUESTION

Hi Dave,

We had to put my husbands offences down even though they no longer appear anywhere. I think it was riding a motorbike with no insurance and underage. He was 16 at the time (week before his birthday) and he is 40 this year!!!!

Best to put it down rather than them find out about it later and perhaps penalise you because you failed to mention it.

Susan
Old Apr 30th 2002, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

bsftaylorm is an unknown quantity at this point

Dave

For what it's worth, I have an SP30 penalty on my licence. I did not declare it in my application (spouse sponsored) because I saw somewhere in the documentation (can't remember where) not to disclose 'minor' traffic offences.

Got my Police Cert back a week ago, and no sign of any convictions. Sent them off today to AHC. Will let you know how things develop.

Mark
Old Apr 30th 2002, 12:30 pm
Phil

A friend of mine ( a police officer) told me to leave it off, unless you were taken
to court then it becomes a conviction. It is just a speedimg ticket.

Emily

"Protect The Innocent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all
    >
    > The question has been asked several times and I have seen a variety of different
    > answers.
    >
    > "Should UK traffic offences such as SP30 (speeding in a 30mph zone - fixed penalty
    > - 3pts, £40 fine) be included on the form as 'convicted of a crime or offence in
    > any country'?????"
    >
    > I am not convinced that these are 'convictions'
    >
    > Any help before this afternoon would be magic!!
    >
    > Thanks Dave

Old Apr 30th 2002, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

timsorrell is an unknown quantity at this point

a friend of mine had a 1 month ban for speeding 9 years before applying. He didn't disclose it on the basis that it was no longer on his licence and believed there was no legal way for someone to find out this info. I really don't know if he's right or not and I advised him to put it in regardless, but he left it out and he got the PR just fine.
Old Apr 30th 2002, 2:30 pm
Protect The Inn

Thanks guys

I have posted my application form this lunchtime - hurrah the process has
finally started.

I did include the speeding offences as I figured if they don't matter, they will
ignore them - if they do matter, then if i hadn't put them down it looks like i am
hiding something IF the police report doesn't match.

Thanks for your help

I guess I will just have to wait and see

Dave "Protect The Innocent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    >
    > The question has been asked several times and I have seen a variety of different
    > answers.
    >
    > "Should UK traffic offences such as SP30 (speeding in a 30mph zone - fixed penalty
    > - 3pts, £40 fine) be included on the form as 'convicted of a crime or offence in
    > any country'?????"
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks Dave

Old Apr 30th 2002, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

katpash is an unknown quantity at this point

I asked this in a prior post but will ask since this is a more similar thread...

If I have a misdemeanor from 1989 (disorderly conduct) when I was 18 and at university, will this adversely affect my chances of a spousal visa? This is the only thing I have on my record, except for speeding tickets (do I have to claim this as well)??

Also if my spouse and I are going to Australia at the end of June, would it be better to apply on shore or do it before we go (in Washington USA)...how does his affect my entry in June?

Thanks

Kathryn
Old Apr 30th 2002, 4:30 pm
Tracy

Dave Any convictions that you have will show on your Police Certificate. You will not
need to declare speeding offences. Good luck, Tracy

Protect The Innocent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi all
    >
    > answers.
    >
    > any country'?????"
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks Dave

Old Apr 30th 2002, 8:00 pm
Protect The Inn

Does anyone think that disclosing a couple of minor traffic offences for myself and
the same for my girlfriend when it seems that I don't need to (Sent the form off
before most people had replied ) will affect my chances? Hopefully they will just
read them and disregard

Does anyone have any experience of this sort of faux par.

Cheers Dave

"Protect The Innocent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    >
    > answers.
    >
    > any country'?????"
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks Dave

Old Apr 30th 2002, 8:30 pm
Rob

Protect The Innocent wrote:

>
    >Does anyone think that disclosing a couple of minor traffic offences for myself and
    >the same for my girlfriend when it seems that I don't need to (Sent the form off
    >before most people had replied ) will affect my chances? Hopefully they will just
    >read them and disregard

I can't see it hurting your chances.

I'm sure the UK government would give extra immigration points to anyone with a
history of speeding tickets, because those tickets are nice little money makers.

Old May 1st 2002, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

a1macc is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to add my advice....

My migration agent advised to put traffic offences on the application even if they are spent convictions. These are not major crimes and it is better to be honest!!