about criminal record of family member

Old Jul 31st 2002, 5:52 am
Just Joined

calviny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default about criminal record of family member

Dear all,

I currently applying Oversea Student Independent Skill Migration in Australia after gradurated from my uni.

I just able to know that one of my family member(actually my mum) has a criminal record(stealing) in the past when I was young, she hadn't been to jail of course but I believe there should be a record in my home country.

I just wondering does it affect my PR application in australia as I need to fill in my parent information in the form?

Thanks for helps!!!!
Old Jul 31st 2002, 6:05 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: about criminal record of family member

I'd be very surprised if there was a problem ... I can't see how this could possibly affect your visa application.

Best regards.

Originally posted by calviny
Dear all,

I currently applying Oversea Student Independent Skill Migration in Australia after gradurated from my uni.

I just able to know that one of my family member(actually my mum) has a criminal record(stealing) in the past when I was young, she hadn't been to jail of course but I believe there should be a record in my home country.

I just wondering does it affect my PR application in australia as I need to fill in my parent information in the form?

Thanks for helps!!!!
Old Jul 31st 2002, 7:10 am
Just Joined

Thx, I also wondering would there be any problem for her to get a vistor visa for attending my graduation? Actually the things happened around 15 yrs ago. I know she also worrying about this at the moment.
Old Jul 31st 2002, 7:14 am
Just Joined

sorry about posting again,

And I would like to ask do I need to indicate my mum's record in my PR application form? or just leave it?

Thx for your advice....
Old Jul 31st 2002, 7:14 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Again, in the absence of a custodial sentence I can't see that this will be an issue for her.

Best regards.

Thx, I also wondering would there be any problem for her to get a vistor visa for attending my graduation? Actually the things happened around 15 yrs ago. I know she also worrying about this at the moment.
Old Jul 31st 2002, 7:16 am
Migration Agent

You only need to answer for yourself - you can't be expected to know details for everyone in your family.

Regards.

sorry about posting again,

And I would like to ask do I need to indicate my mum's record in my PR application form? or just leave it?

Thx for your advice....
Old Jul 31st 2002, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

johnnmicki is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmm, well this poses a question for me....ok all u smarties, listen up! If youv'e ever been to prison, will they let u in the country! yeah, I know! depends on what u did to get there, right??
Old Aug 2nd 2002, 9:20 pm
Rancher

Calviny,

As your mum is not an applicant for a visa at this stage her character is not going
to be an issue. The details on the form about your family are just for the record. I
don't believe there is any question on the application form asking for details of
criminal records for members of your family who are not included as applicants.

Later on, if she is ever wanting to come to Australia and is asked about her criminal
record she must disclose it. If it was a long time ago and didn't involve a prison
sentence she should not be refused a visa on account of it.

Regards,

MOT __________________________________________________ ________________ Michael
Thornton ICQ#: 38600538 Current ICQ status: ( Home Tel#: 03 59681774 ( Work Tel#: 03
97942626 7 Fax#: 03 59681733 + More ways to contact me
__________________________________________________ ________________
"calviny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I currently applying Oversea Student Independent Skill Migration in Australia after
    > gradurated from my uni.
    >
    > I just able to know that one of my family member(actually my mum) has a criminal
    > record(stealing) in the past when I was young, she hadn't been to jail of course
    > but I believe there should be a record in my home country.
    >
    > I just wondering does it affect my PR application in australia as I need to fill in
    > my parent information in the form?
    >
    > Thanks for helps!!!!
    >
    >
    >
    > --