Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

About to apply 4 ACS Assessment Seeking Advice

About to apply 4 ACS Assessment Seeking Advice

Old May 10th 2008, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

MSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to all
Default About to apply 4 ACS Assessment Seeking Advice

Hi,

About to apply for ACS assessment. Got an honors degree in Management Information Systems plus MCSA,MCSE,MCTS,MCITP,MCT and MBCS (with another Diploma and a Higher Diploma in IT)

3.5 years experience as a Systems Administraor and 1.5 years experience as a Systems Engineer. Will this do?

Can anyone advise on how to arrange the documents? I have already prepared the documents according to ACS guidelines. Is it ok to staple the documents and then use a plastic paper binder to bind the whole set together?

Thanks
Old May 13th 2008, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

MSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to all
Default Re: About to apply 4 ACS Assessment Seeking Advice

Appreciate an answer if possible
Old May 13th 2008, 2:34 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

General consensus that since most of the documents are processed electronically, there is no need to staple or otherwise bind the paper. A large crocodile clip over package should be sufficient
Old May 13th 2008, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Joannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to allJoannec2014 is a name known to all

Hi ensure that your work experience element totals the amount of time they need. We failed the first time around because although we'd worked in IT for say 7 calendar years what ACS are looking for is looking for continous 7 years worth of work. If you've had gaps between jobs 9even two weeks)this will be deducted from the 7 years required. I hope this makes sense and helps you pass first time around!!! I cetainly wish someone had told us!!! Good luck with your application.
Old May 14th 2008, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

Hi Joannec2014,

Thank you for the advice. My gaps totals upto about 4 months. So that still gives me 5 years + experience. Since I've got my bachelors degree, Im aiming for Group A. Hope it'll be successful.

Cheers!
Old May 14th 2008, 6:53 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joannec2014
Hi ensure that your work experience element totals the amount of time they need. We failed the first time around because although we'd worked in IT for say 7 calendar years what ACS are looking for is looking for continous 7 years worth of work. If you've had gaps between jobs 9even two weeks)this will be deducted from the 7 years required. I hope this makes sense and helps you pass first time around!!! I cetainly wish someone had told us!!! Good luck with your application.
Clearly explained in the ACS documentation, they are looking for 4, 6 or 8 years total employment time depending on the catagory applied for.

Originally Posted by newjersey
General consensus that since most of the documents are processed electronically, there is no need to staple or otherwise bind the paper. A large crocodile clip over package should be sufficient
For clarity I clipped information for each job together, I would recommend this but its your personal choice in the end.
Originally Posted by MSGuy
Since I've got my bachelors degree, Im aiming for Group A. Hope it'll be successful.

Cheers!
The only thing you have to look out for is if the ACS deem your system admin work to be of a sufficiently high level, if they dont them may strike it out or pro rate it.
Old May 16th 2008, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Hi All,

Thanks for the valuable advices. I finally couriered the application to ACS today. Next step is to tackle IELTS. There also I'm aiming for 25 points. Im not a native English speaker but Im going to do my best. (..and pray that I get 7 for all 4 exams )

Cheers
Old May 16th 2008, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MSGuy
Hi All,

Thanks for the valuable advices. I finally couriered the application to ACS today. Next step is to tackle IELTS. There also I'm aiming for 25 points. Im not a native English speaker but Im going to do my best. (..and pray that I get 7 for all 4 exams )

Cheers
good luck with ACS & IELTS!! I've just sent my ACS too, arrived in Sydney today! So its just waiting now.
Old May 20th 2008, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

thanks ChocCake I thought I should write in "ACS Acknowledgement Time" thread. Moderators can close this one

Cheers!