AACA assessment

Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Muttiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AACA assessment

Hello all,
Most of the immigration consultants from India and Australia both were reluctant to accept me as their client.This was because getting positive assessment from AACA ( Architects accreditation ) was extremely difficult.
But just now I got the courier parcel.I am successful.Voila.I am very happy.Most of the architects were not getting positive assessed especially from INDIA.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

kazza1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AACA assessment

Hi Muttiah

Congratulations on your positive assessment, can I ask how long it took for the AACA to assess your qualifications?

Kind regards

Karen
Old Dec 29th 2007, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

Congratulations! ACAA is a really tough one to get through so you've done really well. The visa application should be a breeze in comparison.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AHamm
Congratulations! ACAA is a really tough one to get through so you've done really well. The visa application should be a breeze in comparison.
Hi AHamm and kazza.Thankyou for your kind wishes.It took exactly 5 weeks for the positive assessment.I have already filed online application on 14th December 2007 for GSM 175 subclass.Hope it goes equally smooth.I havent used any agent,so a bit worried.But then assessment I did on my own and it was great.
Uncertain where to land.Which place is better suited for me and my skills.If you guys can help me a bit in resolving this.
Thanks and I am willing to help others over here who wishes to get there assessment from AACA done.
Happy new year to all of them on British expats.
Old Oct 11th 2008, 3:45 am
Just Joined

archmks is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Muttiah,

I hope you can help me. I am an architect from the Philippines now in Dubai who graduated from the number 2 school of architecture in my country. My grades are average and I had to repeat one subject. I wasn't able to finish my masteral degree although I passed the licensure exam in the Philippines. I have emailed AACA about the unfinished masteral but they said I should go ahead and finish it which is no longer possible because it has been 8 years already. Do you think I should go ahead and pay their expensive application fee? Thank you my friend.

Best Regards,
Arch. Mike
Old Oct 11th 2008, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by archmks
Hi Muttiah,

I hope you can help me. I am an architect from the Philippines now in Dubai who graduated from the number 2 school of architecture in my country. My grades are average and I had to repeat one subject. I wasn't able to finish my masteral degree although I passed the licensure exam in the Philippines. I have emailed AACA about the unfinished masteral but they said I should go ahead and finish it which is no longer possible because it has been 8 years already. Do you think I should go ahead and pay their expensive application fee? Thank you my friend.

Best Regards,
Arch. Mike
Hi Mike,
I am not aware of Phillipines architectural education.But I can surely confirm that you need to complete your licensure.Do you have any document which states that you are an Architect.Does your signature count in municipal councils?
Have you done design thesis back when in college/school.
These aspects are important.
I suggest you talk it out with an immigration consultant before applying.
BTW Australia is not that promising than Dubai in architecture field.I am keeping options open.
All the best with your application.i will be happy to assist if you decide to apply.
Regards,
Muttiah
Old Oct 11th 2008, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Hi Muttiah,

Thank you for your reply, mate. I don't think you understood my previous thread in its entirety. I did pass my licensure exam in the Philippines and my signature does count in municipal councils only in the Philippines. What I didn't finish is my masteral degree in architecture. I studied in the 2nd best architecture school in the Philippines, a five year course with a one year design thesis. Also, all the instructions are clearly posted in the AACA and Australian Immigration website so do I really need a migration agent who will just charge me thousands? Thanks for informing me about the low architecture demand in Oz, I actually already know this, but the real reason I am thinking of going to Oz is because a family friend invited me over to settle there. Do you have a masteral degree included in your package when you applied? Also, I heard racial discrimination is present there to a considerable level, is this true? Thank you my friend.

All the Best,
Arch. Mike
Old Oct 11th 2008, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Hi Muttiah,

Thank you for your reply, mate. I don't think you understood my previous thread in its entirety. I did pass my licensure exam in the Philippines and my signature does count in municipal councils only in the Philippines. What I didn't finish is my masteral degree in architecture. I studied in the 2nd best architecture school in the Philippines, a five year course with a one year design thesis. Also, all the instructions are clearly posted in the AACA and Australian Immigration website so do I really need a migration agent who will just charge me thousands? Thanks for informing me about the low architecture demand in Oz, I actually already know this, but the real reason I am thinking of going to Oz is because a family friend invited me over to settle there. Do you have a masteral degree included in your package when you applied? Also, I heard racial discrimination is present there to a considerable level, is this true? Thank you my friend.

All the Best,
Arch. Mike
Yes Mike,
Racial discrimination is there but we have to find our way.We need to fight it out.Being positive.
My qualifications are 5 yr fulltime into architecture and 1yr design thesis.With this I got positive assessment without any agent.I feel this applies to you too.Without any further doubt,I recommend you to go ahead with your application without bothering about your masters.
Minimum requirement is to be an Architect for application with experience.
Please go ahead.I will help you if require it.
Regards,
Muttiah
Old Oct 11th 2008, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Hi Muttiah,

Thanks for your quick reply. Can we communicate directly? My email address is <snip>, can I also have your email? What do you mean by minimum requirement is to be Architect with experience? Did you include certificate of employment in your package to AACA? I thought they only assess course work completed? If I go through with this, I am going to live in WA. Thanks a lot mate.

All the Best,
Arch. Mike

Please don't put personal email addresses in posts. PM and pass on address that way. Moneypen20
Old Oct 11th 2008, 10:29 am
Just Joined

Hi Muttiah,

Thanks for the quick reply, mate. I thought AACA only reviews completed course work? What did you mean by Architect with experience? Did you include employment certificates in your application to AACA? Does the racial discrimination extend to employment appointments based on your experience? I intend to work in WA if I pass screening.

All the best,
Arch. Mike
Old Oct 11th 2008, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Hi Muttiah,

Thanks for the quick reply, mate. I thought AACA only reviews completed course work? What did you mean by Architect with experience? Did you include employment certificates in your application to AACA? Does the racial discrimination extend to employment appointments based on your experience? I intend to work in WA if I pass screening.

All the best,
Arch. Mike
Yes,you are correct.You have completed your licensure.To practice in market you dont require to be having a master's degree.Your licensed Architect degree is enough.AACA is not concerned about your Master's Degree if you are not dependent on it for points tally.Experience is required to be proved by appointment,completion letters,etc.
I dont know much about racism in employment.I have better ideas than this.I am an established architect in INDIA.I am thinking of buyout of business firm and employ australian architects to work for me.I am currently working for an australian architect from INDIA in detail drawing preparation.Keeping fingers crossed.
Old Oct 11th 2008, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Hi Muttiah,

Thanks for your reply, I thought you were already in Australia. My apologies, mate, you are right - there are better things to dwell on rather than racial discrimination in employment. Just to clarify, you included work certificates of employment in your package to AACA? They said they do not assess work experience. Thanks for your very helpful information, I hope to meet up with you in Australia in the future.

All the Best,
Arch. Mike
Old Oct 11th 2008, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Candy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the rough

Mike, I have sent you a PM with all the information I know
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Muttiah
Yes,you are correct.You have completed your licensure.To practice in market you dont require to be having a master's degree.Your licensed Architect degree is enough.AACA is not concerned about your Master's Degree if you are not dependent on it for points tally.Experience is required to be proved by appointment,completion letters,etc.
I dont know much about racism in employment.I have better ideas than this.I am an established architect in INDIA.I am thinking of buyout of business firm and employ australian architects to work for me.I am currently working for an australian architect from INDIA in detail drawing preparation.Keeping fingers crossed.
Hi Muttiah and everybody,

The Migration Institute of Australia publised a report back in June 2005 where AACA received the lowest ranking among assessment councils because they were showing clear signs of prejudice against non-1st world applicants who pay the same amount of processing fees as those from 1st world applicants. This report from Australia's premiere migration body is fairly recent so I just wanted to ask you because you're the only successful applicant from a non-1st world nation that I know of. Did you study in India? Were your grades high? What other documentation did you submit? Thanks and hoping for your kind response.

Best Regards,
Arch. Mike
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Hi Muttiah and everybody,

The Migration Institute of Australia publised a report back in June 2005 where AACA received the lowest ranking among assessment councils because they were showing clear signs of prejudice against non-1st world applicants who pay the same amount of processing fees as those from 1st world applicants. This report from Australia's premiere migration body is fairly recent so I just wanted to ask you because you're the only successful applicant from a non-1st world nation that I know of. Did you study in India? Were your grades high? What other documentation did you submit? Thanks and hoping for your kind response.

Best Regards,
Arch. Mike
Hi Mike,
Yes.I studied in INDIA.I did a 10+2+5 yrs fulltime study.5yrs are for architecture.My graph for acquiring grades started falling from 70% for 1st year to 55% for last year.
Apart from that I did a research and analysis thesis in last year of curriculum.
I did get good grades in arch design,landscape design,interior design subjects.
After that I worked with noted townplanner on town planning projects.
This is what I can think as of now.
Regards,
Muttiah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.