British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   900 hours (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/900-hours-553870/)

anitblue Aug 7th 2008 6:35 pm

900 hours

i would like to study the welfare work course.. because you are assessed by AIWCW and not TRA do you still need the 900 hours paid work. Really confused with all of it!!!

witney Aug 7th 2008 7:53 pm

Re: 900 hours

Hi
I am going to be doing the welfare course i have also been on the aiwcw website and it says that you only need to do 400hours in two placements i don't even think these need to be paid, it's better if the Tafe college is on their list. I have emailed them for further info just waiting for them to reply.

stumpysean Aug 8th 2008 8:21 am

Hi i was originally booked to do this course but was advised to stay away as when it comes to apply for PR they will also want several years of expereince to go with the qualification? (similar situation to the childcare co-ordinator i presume?)

Just a thought for you to bear in mind maybe?

This was my first choice of course as i have worked in this line of work all my life, but then me and hubby had a change of heart and wanted a change in direction and are going for something completely new!

Just make sure you find out exactly how much work experience they will require when it comes to PR?
;)

Becky

shark bait Aug 8th 2008 6:10 pm

which course are u thinking of doing now Becky?
is your hubby going to join me on the horticulture course?

stumpysean Aug 8th 2008 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by shark bait (Post 6659858)
which course are u thinking of doing now Becky?
is your hubby going to join me on the horticulture course?

Yes, hopefully so!

Just waiting to sell the house. We've had several veiwings. It hasn't been on the market for that long. About 12 weeks now, so fingers crossed the next couple of months something will start to happen;)

We don't want to book onto the course and find that we need to cancel because of not selling the house, but on the other hand miss out because we've left it too late!

Hubby needs to maybe speak to Stefan after the weekend and see how the ground lies (excuse the pun!!)

When are you looking to start? Depending on our house sale of course, it could be either Feb or July, we're not sure at the moment.:confused:

shark bait Aug 8th 2008 8:08 pm

i,m starting next jan
we sold our house last year , so just need to clear the clutter , meds , shipping etc etc
:cool:

stumpysean Aug 8th 2008 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by shark bait (Post 6660135)
i,m starting next jan
we sold our house last year , so just need to clear the clutter , meds , shipping etc etc
:cool:

I'll PM you about the course fees etc....... if you don't mind?

Thanks Becky:)