885 vs 175

Old Oct 10th 2010, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Inception is on a distinguished road
Default 885 vs 175

If lodged online on the same day, will onshore 885 be processed faster than an offshore 175? How are these prioritised?
Old Oct 10th 2010, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 885 vs 175

Not sure about time lines, but if you cancelled your application for the 885 that you already had in, and then applied for an OFF shore visa then your bridging visa would not be valid any more (as you are not waiting for an onshore visa) and you would have to leave the country.
Just thought I would say incase you had not thought of that part of it.....
Old Oct 10th 2010, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Oh no that's cool, I haven't cancelled my 885. I am just curious as to how many offshore 175s I have to compete with. I wish DIAC would upload an application tracking system where you can actually see how many applicants are actually ahead of you with an automated system that calculates the approximate waiting times every time one logs in. That way, we will have some idea as to how long the wait is. I know it's wishful thinking. Oh well
Old Oct 10th 2010, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

From what I remember, when I applied for my 485 visa there was a bit in the e-mail saying you could e-mail an address for a standard e-mail back with current processing times. Have you tried that?
But yes, that would be GREAT to have the waiting times UNLESS you were over lol.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 11:27 am
Just Joined

waiting4pr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Inception
If lodged online on the same day, will onshore 885 be processed faster than an offshore 175? How are these prioritised?
Hi guys i am new to this site but so far so gud with the information. I applied for onshore 885 in october 2009. I hav ielts 7 and m still waiting if any of you guys applied on a near by date and had their visa granted please let me know. I fall in P4 group so not in sol. csl or modl. anyone who applied in or around october last year will be great to get in touch of.
Thanks guys.
cheers
Old Oct 10th 2010, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Sorry, I applied on 30th August 2010 and my occupation falls under the new SOL 3 list. So, I can't really comment on your visa although I hear that it would take a very, very long time to process your visa if it's in category 4.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Anyway, why isn't anybody answering the original question for which the thread was initiated for?
Old Oct 10th 2010, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Because since all of these changes have come in NOBODY KNOWS!
You wont get any answers which are more than just guesses, which mean nothing really.

When I applied for my 485 visa I assumed it would have been granted in 6 months, as I had seen people get theirs in less than that at the time. Now people are at a year and longer. There is just no way of knowing.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

hemalk2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sure I've read somewhere in immi site that onshore visa has faster processing time (not priority) then offshore one.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hemalk2
I am sure I've read somewhere in immi site that onshore visa has faster processing time (not priority) then offshore one.
Oh god, that's awesome. Thank you!