Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

857 and 175 question about pending visa...do I need to inform immigration?

857 and 175 question about pending visa...do I need to inform immigration?

Old Sep 20th 2008, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice
Default 857 and 175 question about pending visa...do I need to inform immigration?

I applied for a paper based application for 857 (RSMS) and answered NO to the question asking if I have any visa application pending. I mailed the application by post (with the sealed medical results from HSA enclosed in the post) and the very next day applied for 175 online and answered YES to the same question as above.

Should I inform the business center (Brisbane) or is it immigration dept for the 857 and tell them about the 175 application? If yes how do I inform them? Online 175 application is handled by the relevant business office of the state I am currently residing or is it at the Adeliade processing center?

I applied for both as I reckon 857 will be granted earlier and after that will be replaced by 175 when it is granted later. Also I will not have enouhg points for 175 after this year due to age so I do not want to take any chances incase I do not want to satisfy the 2 year employment clause with 857.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice
Default Re: 857 and 175 question about pending visa...do I need to inform immigration?

anyone?