5 Spouse Points

Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:24 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default 5 Spouse Points

I am applying for Skilled Independent visa and need the 120 Points, I expect to get 60 points from skills either via AIM or ACS depending if AIM accept my mgt experience (61 mths! vs 60mths required! I have read how strict they are).

Because Im 33 I need to get 5 more points to make the 120 points, I can either get these by claiming spouse 5 points or investing the 100K$AU.

We're coming from the UK.

My spouse doesnt have any post-school qualifications.
Speaks English as a native language
Has 5 years experience in Travel Agency Mgt , but that ended 6yrs ago (Kids eh!).
Has been a Director of our own ltd company for past 3 years (turnover > 1M$ AU, employ >30 staff).
Is 31 yrs old.

So.. Its unclear to me from the various DMIA sites wether she has to qualify for 120 points on her own etc or do you guys have any experience based on above description wether she'd get the 5 points so I can claim them ? .

Any ideas guys ? or pointers to resources that can help ? We're not using an agent (yet) still doing skills app's.

Hoping to be flexible when we get out there so not going for state sponsored ie less points required. We dont know wether to hit Brisbane or Sydney at this point , but its between those two.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 10:16 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 Spouse Points

Without formal qualifications there's no chance of a Vetassess assessment in a 40 or 50 point occupation. The equivalent of at least an Australian diploma is needed for a 40 point occupation.

The only skill assessing authorities that accept work experience in lieu of formal qualifications are AIM, ACS and TRA - and it doesn't look like she fits the bill for any of these.

Without a skill assessment, there's no chance of spouse skill points. You don't even need to look at whether recent work experience is in a SOL occupation or not unless you can organise a skills assessment.

Jeremy

Originally Posted by spalen
I am applying for Skilled Independent visa and need the 120 Points, I expect to get 60 points from skills either via AIM or ACS depending if AIM accept my mgt experience (61 mths! vs 60mths required! I have read how strict they are).

Because Im 33 I need to get 5 more points to make the 120 points, I can either get these by claiming spouse 5 points or investing the 100K$AU.

We're coming from the UK.

My spouse doesnt have any post-school qualifications.
Speaks English as a native language
Has 5 years experience in Travel Agency Mgt , but that ended 6yrs ago (Kids eh!).
Has been a Director of our own ltd company for past 3 years (turnover > 1M$ AU, employ >30 staff).
Is 31 yrs old.

So.. Its unclear to me from the various DMIA sites wether she has to qualify for 120 points on her own etc or do you guys have any experience based on above description wether she'd get the 5 points so I can claim them ? .

Any ideas guys ? or pointers to resources that can help ? We're not using an agent (yet) still doing skills app's.

Hoping to be flexible when we get out there so not going for state sponsored ie less points required. We dont know wether to hit Brisbane or Sydney at this point , but its between those two.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 11:08 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Jeremy thanks for the advice. Upon further reflection she has a NVQ Level 3 in Travel & Tourism which was done at further education college about 9 years ago.

Given the work she's done in our company I guess we'd qualify with Office manager experience for 2.5 years.

Any ideas ( just how long is that piece of string ) wether NVQ Level 3 , plus 2.5years recent , and some more expeirence about 6yrs ago would be any better ? .

I understand that Vetasess dont require the experience to be anything related to the qualification but not sure on the length of exp required for this 40 point office manager.

thanks again for the advice.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 11:28 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know off hand.
I think it's 'professional advice' time if you want to explore this point further.

Jeremy

Originally Posted by spalen
Jeremy thanks for the advice. Upon further reflection she has a NVQ Level 3 in Travel & Tourism which was done at further education college about 9 years ago.