British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/5-points-investment-bond-withdrawn-sept-07-part-two-555044/)

kenwen20 Aug 12th 2008 8:21 pm

Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 6674919)
Hi guys,

I'm really sorry but in the interests of security etc I've had to remove the actual bank account details - BE has no problem to them being shared by email or pm, but please not on the open forum.

:o

POLLYANA!!!!!!:(It is just BSB and ACC no. My god, Now I have to send email to them or PM them individually. That will complicate my communication process. AHHHHH..... and we can't receive money from other viewers that we don't know:(.

Pollyana Aug 12th 2008 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by kenwen20 (Post 6675026)
POLLYANA!!!!!!:(It is just BSB and ACC no. My god, Now I have to send email to them or PM them individually. That will complicate my communication process. AHHHHH..... and we can't receive money from other viewers that we don't know:(.

Fine. Put it back IF YOU ARE SURE. I will ask the other moderators to ignore it, but please please when a passing spammer picks up your account details don't ask us for help.

The details were removed after someone unconnected to this thread asked if it was sensible to have the details on there, so please don't take it out on me, I was just doing my job.

----------------------------------------

And I am serious about posters contacting me wanting info about the account - please stop it guys, I'm not involved in this at all!!!

geelong Aug 12th 2008 9:51 pm

I agree with Pollyana. I don't think it safe to have the details in public.

sankan1 Aug 12th 2008 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Gazzap (Post 6674065)
I assume this is the Indian students court case? Where did you find this info?

I am supportive of setting up the fund account, and glad that Sankan1 has stepped up to be a delegate for the on-shore applicants.
But as I'm sure you realise, there isn't going to be a representative for the off-shore applicants (in person). So we'd all like to think you + whoever goes as a delegate will represent the interests of all applicants- I think George Lombard has indicated that he is willing to aid a delegation representing ALL, not only the on-shore's. The big majority in this mess are offshore applicants, but we are at a disadvantage that we cannot reasonably get to Australia for any protest/delegation/representations...
Gaz

Hey Gazzap,

Yes, You are right, it is case of Indian Students.
This Information has been provided by one of the Migration agent, but who knows if he knows the truth.

midnet Aug 12th 2008 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by Elton John (Post 6670800)
I think we should aim to meet with some senior officials asap.
From the face to face meeting, we will be able to get a gauge on what their intentions are? Are they serious about resolving this issue, or whether they will continue with this pussyfooting.

It is downright daylight robbery, to demand that the long suffering applicants pay a second visa charge. Also, why do they need new documentation, can't they just transfer the existing paperwork and issue the visa to those who meet the criteria under the new (post Sept 1) scheme.

Having said that, the FAQ document clearly states "if you do not want to wait for the resolution to the capital investment issue", then one of the options is reapplying.

I think those who qualify under the new scheme should bite the bullet and reapply. As i said before, if the resolution was imminent (before end of year), they wouldn't have recommended us to reapply.

that's how we read, that's how everyone reads.......

moneypenny20 Aug 12th 2008 11:02 pm

[QUOTE=kenwen20;6674537]
7. The money you paid is not refundable. Any remaining or exceeding amount after 15/SEP/08 goes to the delegation team or Australian Registered Charity Certainly corresponding receipt needs to be provided. [QUOTE/]

I seriously do not think it's a good idea to have the account details on a public forum for everyone concerned's benefit. Hackers can go anything these days and for the amount of extra work required, it would be one small thing less any of you guys have to worry about.

Having been a part of a group like this before (conservatories, not DIAC ;)) it would be adviseable to give the name and details of the charity you may use. Whilst you are all in agreement at the moment, from previous experience, it doesn't take much for one person to upset the applecart and cause you more grief than you need.

Feel free to ignore this but all i's must be dotted and t's crossed before doing anything else.

Good luck with it all guys. Hope you get the outcome you want and need.

sankan1 Aug 12th 2008 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by kenwen20 (Post 6675026)

Ken,

Rather than exposing detail, Just put notice on each new page that those want to contribute and need account detail should send email to [email protected]
How's That sound?

One more idea,
I know already that there are many others who are reading this forum and want to have cooked food without bending knees. In my opinion, we shall not disclose any important information what we get from meeting with Ministry here. Those who want to know where we are up to, should join this forum and pay what ever he/she can do. To distribute information we will create general email address. I know the information is still going to be leaked but it will encourage other to actively join in.

Cheers,
sankan1

geelong Aug 12th 2008 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by sankan1 (Post 6675624)

One more idea,
I know already that there are many others who are reading this forum and want to have cooked food without bending knees. In my opinion, we shall not disclose any important information what we get from meeting with Ministry here. Those who want to know where we are up to, should join this forum and pay what ever he/she can do. To distribute information we will create general email address. I know the information is still going to be leaked but it will encourage other to actively join in.

Cheers,
sankan1

Very selfish.

If those of us that have been chasing the issue for over 8 months now had acted this way you would not know as much as you do now.............

sankan1 Aug 12th 2008 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by geelong (Post 6675708)
Very selfish.

If those of us that have been chasing the issue for over 8 months now had acted this way you would not know as much as you do now.............

Hhhhmmmm.... you are right,

That was my idea only to make others to join in and contribute. I am not alone going to make decision, Majority wins.:thumbup: If anyone have trick to make big supporter list than new ideas are always welcome.

Sue Aug 13th 2008 12:43 am

I have to strongly suggest you do not post bank details on a public forum. This forum is open for anyone to read, therefore posting all your account details in such a public place will seriously endanger the privacy and security of your account, and if I understand correctly it is not just your money that would be jeopardized. So please, in the best interest of others who are contributing financially to your cause, pass the bank info via pm or email.

Thanks

Pollyana Aug 13th 2008 3:33 am

Re: 5 points for Investment Bond withdrawn Sept 07?? (PART TWO)

This thread is being split into two parts here due to its size - its starting to cause horrible problems for those of us on dial-up.

The old thread is HERE - I have tried to cut it at a reasonable point, which is approx where the delegation started being discussed.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=496610

Apologies for any inconvenience, nothing has been deleted, and this should make for quicker loading/reading

kenwen20 Aug 13th 2008 12:06 pm

Dear people,

Sorry about the account detail thing. I thought it wasn't a credit card no. so I didn't care too much about the privacy and security issues. I do apologise sincerely to giving out BSB details on the post directly and thanks Pollyana and BE for deleting the acc information.

Anyway, it seems now I have to act like a real begger with real pocket. To show your concern and mercy for CI victims, you can email [email protected] [email protected]and require for account details. Terms and condition will be sent with the account details before you make contribution to the fund. bondscheme@gmail now is under mine supervision and I have borrowed the gmail account from previous creater Jack. The main reason for using this account is because it has already got 20 CI victims' contacts in it. Honestly, Jack and I were college mates for years so please put trust on him base on the faith that you have in me. Cheers.

kenwen20 Aug 13th 2008 1:16 pm

Since the thread was over loaded and we have been saparated into New/old testaments. I think it is important to mention the previous news again. Please read the following quote.

Originally Posted by kenwen20 (Post 6674390)
ACCOUNT OPENED for DELEGATION SUPPORT is approved.

Hi Joannec2014, Gazzap, Elton John, JimInAustralia, Sanka1, On Air Mobile, Brisbound, Tom_VI, Lyse and Geelong. Thanks for all your attention and votes. Among the 10 senior members, 6 agreed, 1 backed out, 2 unanswered, 1 wants to wait.

So now I am on behalf of the BritishEpats Forum's Thread 5 points for IBWS07
to announce that the account opened for delegation support has been approved by majority senior members.

Next post shows the terms and conditions. Please read it before you contribute money to the account. Cheers.

kenwen20 Aug 13th 2008 1:22 pm

To show your concern and mercy for CI victims, you can email [email protected] [email protected]and require for account details. Terms and condition will be sent with the account details before you make contribution to the fund.

How much sould I contribute?

We assume that approx. minimum 40 forum viewers would make contribution to the fund. So we suggest to devide the sum by 40 and sort it by ranges. Therefore, according to the list below, please choose the range that suits your expectation for delegation team to do.

At this stage, George didn't give us a direct quote, but he said he could charge us by hourly rate.
There will be no set price for the contribution to the voluntary fund. The following list is merely a rough figure that shows how much for 40 contributors paid evenly and by the sum that delegation can afford to do.

$50 AUD per person, then 40 X $ 50 = $2000. With $2000 we should be able to pay agent only and send a delegation letter.

$75 AUD per person, then 40 X $ 75 = $3000. $3000 should be enough for paying agent to arrange meeting and for the delegation team to see ministers in Sydney.

$100 AUD per person, then 40 X $ 100 = $4000. Hopefully, With $4000 we should be ok to hire agent and send the delegation team to Canberra

$125 AUD per person, then 40 X $ 125 = $5000. Will be enough to invite one UK reo. to Sydney and plus the above condition.

Thus, according to the ranges above. If you think we should invite the UK rep., then you should transfer $125 into the account base on your expectation. It is voluntarily contribute your money in between $50 to $125 ranges.

There will be no 100% guarentee for dilivering the above arrangement according to the set range though. e.g. If george spend 3 days on arranging the meeting which is out of his control either. Certainly, it will cost more money as he can't even guarentee for the entire process. But if you have better idea for the contribution plan. You are welcome to make some noise below. I will try to improve it and follow up. If you are willing to take over my job. I am more than happy to pass that to you. As I had already taken too much pressure and resposibilities from both the forum and my daily job. Thank you.

PS:
1. Please pay by integer amount e.g. $125, $70, but no $70.50.
2. We don't accept anything larger than $125 per person because we suggest to saperate the cost evenly in between the range $50 to $125 pps.
3. Please specify your name and description "Money for Delegation Support"when you transferring the sum via internet. Preferably send me an email to confirm it.
4. I personally choose the $4000 option. At this stage, I don't think we need to get someone from UK. The UK rep. can join the meeting over the phone or video MSN.

kaz9903 Aug 13th 2008 1:45 pm

HI KEN,

Thanks for the post. I only just found out about the forum. I am more that happy to contribute. ( by the way I am from Melbourne, )