Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Old Jan 11th 2008, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

marwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Originally Posted by murwullambah
I agree, those of us without agents are in limbo land, surely we should at least be officially contacted by DIAC to tell us the situation. Our lives are completely on hold we have sold our house and are living in rented, lets hope for some good news soon
We're kind of fortunate in that we'd just submitted our meds/police checks when this happened. If DIAC sort it out soon then we may not suffer too much in terms of delay to our application. I feel really sorry for you guys and others who were probably much closer to a visa grant and have sold up. In hindsight (a wonderful thing!) we should have waited and submitted online under 175, we'd proably have the visa by now (assuming IELTS score of 7 or more across the board). Hopefully it'll all be resolved to everyone's benefit, not overly keen on having to resubmit the whole thing again.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 11:13 am
darrens1

darrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nice

Hi Murwullambah,
As far as I can see we are all in limbo (Agent or no Agent). I have just come of the phone to my agent and he has no news. His only comments were that it is affecting approx 4000 applicants and based on that figure what ever happens will have to be dealt with by the Minister himself. Now if I was the New Minister, my approach would be to allow those that have applied before the situation arouse, safe passage as their applications were completed in good faith and in accordance with goverment guidlines.

Last edited by darrens1; Jan 11th 2008 at 12:00 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

murwullambah will become famous soon enough

Hi, darrens1, thanks for your reply, i like your positive way of thinking, lets hope the minister is the same and we hear some news soon. As someone has quoted Australia is a first world country with fisrt world actions so hopefully they will do the right thing. Do you think it would help if we all wrote to the Minister to express our feelings, most of us are investing our lives on this move to Australia
Old Jan 11th 2008, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

It can do no harm to contact the minister.....
Gaz

Originally Posted by Gazzap
I would hope anyone caught up in this (with other options or not) would write to the following at least.
It wouldn't do any harm if ANYONE else did likewise, please.

Senator Chris Evans, Minister for Immigration and Citizenship- http://www.aph.gov.au/senate/senators/homepages/contact.asp?id=AX5

Laurie Ferguson MP, Parliamentary Secretary for Multicultural Affairs and Settlement Services- http://www.laurieferguson.com.au/lf/general_pages/contactus.asp?contact=1

Gaz
Old Jan 11th 2008, 4:44 pm
darrens1

darrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gazzap
It can do no harm to contact the minister.....
Gaz
My thoughts are similar to those from Gaz.. It cannot do any harm just magnify the situation. So as a group why don’t we submit a letter of consideration / petition highlighting that all our applications have been completed and submitted within the guidelines of the Australian Immigration department. Under no circumstances should we jeopardise our futures due to (allegedly) someone’s incompetence /greed.
I would also be interested to know who is gaining from the interest generated from the 4000ish applications ?? Who's in favour of sending a letter / email ??
Old Jan 11th 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by marwood
I'm curious to know what the response from COs has been to this? Anyone out there going the Cap Investment route who has already been allocated a CO but not reached the request for funds stage? If so has the CO commented on what is happening? Without this and other forums none of us (at least those of us not using agents & without COs) would have any idea that this was happening. Perhaps it's not. Perhaps it's a figment of our collective subconscious. Maybe I'm already in Aus and that soaking I got today on a cold, wet miserable Friday morning in London was just my imagination.
Well done Marwood on yet another day when i check this cursed thread (that i started for gods sake!:curse ive managed a laugh at your subconscious comment....Quality sir

Lets pray for 2 things
1. No rain in London on Saturday (Boat show n the Arsenal)
2. And the minister being nice to us all

And... not necessarily in that order!

Cheers Matt
Old Jan 11th 2008, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Jimmyinaustralia is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

I am also willing enough to contribute in the group letter/petition. We must atleast make the minister aware what we are going through and how important this is for us.

I called DIMIA again yesterday and the operator told me that the managment will be taking the final decision very soon in coming days. !!!!
Old Jan 12th 2008, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Brisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the rough

I hope that the final decision is wise and positive. It is unfair that thousands
of Visa applicants pay the price because some dishonest and unscrupulous individuals abused the system. Some Visa applicants sold their houses in order to meet the Investement Bond requirements. Justice must be done.

Regards
Brisbound

Originally Posted by Jimmyinaustralia
I am also willing enough to contribute in the group letter/petition. We must atleast make the minister aware what we are going through and how important this is for us.

I called DIMIA again yesterday and the operator told me that the managment will be taking the final decision very soon in coming days. !!!!
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:27 am
Just Joined

AUSSIEHOPES is an unknown quantity at this point

We too are short of 5 points thanks to the States stunning decision to withdraw from the Capital Investment Bond. Have been checking the Ministers website (www.chrisevans.alp.org.au) for any updates though no news yet.....The Minister looks to be progressive from his recent decisions so lets hope for the best
Old Jan 13th 2008, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

The problem is that no State or Territory is now willing to be involved in the scheme for depositing the $100,000. in their investment banks. So unless the Commonwealth was prepared to step in - and they weren't, it left all those people hanging. The MIA was considering legal action about the matter, but I don't think they have proceeded with that.

This is what the latest reply from one of the migration agents in Australia. It doesn't look like the solution is very near.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

mcts is on a distinguished road

hi ,
is there any sort of new update availABLE , like till when DIMIA can come up with a final desicion , and is there any news of some sort of alternatives given
Old Jan 14th 2008, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mcts
hi ,
is there any sort of new update availABLE , like till when DIMIA can come up with a final desicion , and is there any news of some sort of alternatives given
The decision will be taken within this month
Old Jan 14th 2008, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

mcts is on a distinguished road

thanks jimmyinaustrlia
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

deano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pomerz
Lets pray for 2 things
1. No rain in London on Saturday (Boat show n the Arsenal)
2. And the minister being nice to us all
Well, i hope the boat show was better than the footy.

-deano (a happy bluenose )
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

IMalwaysintrouble is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Let's all hope that the minister will choose the right option and IELTS will be the best one for all of us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.