489 relative sponsorship visa

Old Feb 26th 2015, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

Niku is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 489 relative sponsorship visa

Is anyone has any idea that how long does it take to receive the invitation of 489 relative sponsorship visa. My current visa will expire on July 2015, before that I need to get the invitation, to apply for 489. Pls response, it is urgent.
Old Feb 26th 2015, 10:09 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 489 relative sponsorship visa

Originally Posted by Niku
Is anyone has any idea that how long does it take to receive the invitation of 489 relative sponsorship visa. My current visa will expire on July 2015, before that I need to get the invitation, to apply for 489. Pls response, it is urgent.
I think that would depend on how many points you have. 65 point 489 EOI's are currently being selected fairly quickly but not 60 point ones.

Skill select gives reports - most recent one here 23 January 2015 round results
Old Feb 27th 2015, 3:37 am
Just Joined

How long approximately to get the invitation for 489?pls let me know as I have 65points and only have 4 months current visa to stay in Australia...is it possible to get the invitation in 4 months pls reply
Old Feb 27th 2015, 3:50 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

How long approximately to get the invitation for 489?pls let me know as I have 65points and only have 4 months current visa to stay in Australia...is it possible to get the invitation in 4 months pls reply
If you had clicked on the link you would have seen that the last EOI selected for a 489 for the 23 Jan round was lodged on 16 Jan.

To be eligible for a 489 family sponsored, you need an occupation on the SOL, a family member willing to sponsor you living in a regional area as defined by DIBP, a valid skills assessment in that occupation, English / IELTS, etc.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 6:00 am
Just Joined

I found the following lines in the link....

Please also note that SkillSelect first allocates available places to places to Skilled – Independent (Subclass 189) visas and then remaining to Skilled – Regional (Subclass 489) (Provisional – Family Sponsored) visas. If all places are taken up by Subclass 189 visas then there will be no invitations issued for Subclass 489 visas in these occupations:

ICT Business and Systems Analysts
Accountants
Software and Applications Programmers.

Is that means I might not get invitation of all the places filled by 189, pls reply
Old Feb 27th 2015, 6:05 am

I found the following lines in the link....

Please also note that SkillSelect first allocates available places to places to Skilled – Independent (Subclass 189) visas and then remaining to Skilled – Regional (Subclass 489) (Provisional – Family Sponsored) visas. If all places are taken up by Subclass 189 visas then there will be no invitations issued for Subclass 489 visas in these occupations:

ICT Business and Systems Analysts
Accountants
Software and Applications Programmers.

Is that means I might not get invitation of all the places filled by 189, pls reply
If you have one of those occupations then yes, you may not get an invite
Old Feb 27th 2015, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Yes my occupation is accountants... therefore should I be worried that I might not get invitation or is this a very rare case, pls reply
Old Feb 27th 2015, 9:05 pm

Yes my occupation is accountants... therefore should I be worried that I might not get invitation or is this a very rare case, pls reply
I've checked the last few rounds and all invites have been taken by 189 applicants, so it seems unlikely that you would get an invite on those results as there may already be a queue of 489 applicants before you. Can you get state sponsorship for the 489 or enough points for 189 / 190 application?
Old Feb 28th 2015, 1:13 am
Just Joined

I do not have enough points for other visas as I m 5 points short at that moment. The only visa I can try for now is 489 relative sponsored visa. Right at that moment I am holding 485 temporary graduate visa which will b finishing on July 8th. So I have only 4 months left, do u think is there any possibility to get invitation for 489 in these 4 months Or in the worse case scenario what are my options...pls suggest
Old Feb 28th 2015, 2:58 am

I do not have enough points for other visas as I m 5 points short at that moment. The only visa I can try for now is 489 relative sponsored visa. Right at that moment I am holding 485 temporary graduate visa which will b finishing on July 8th. So I have only 4 months left, do u think is there any possibility to get invitation for 489 in these 4 months Or in the worse case scenario what are my options...pls suggest
If you have a valid skills assessment, and meet the other criteria, all you can do is lodge your EOI and hope for the best. But I would also make plans to head home in case you're not lucky.

Anything you can do to improve your score - IELTS for instance?
Old Feb 28th 2015, 3:33 am
Just Joined

I have done my skill assessment but in Ielts every time I get 6.5 in one band. In the worse case scenario would u find it as a good option to apply for student visa for masters by my husband. He has not done any study over here but he has bachelors in finance from our home country
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 2:21 am
Just Joined

barkertony4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I want to invite my sister who lives in India. I am a citizen of Australia lives in SA since last 5 yrs. Can she apply on 489 visa with regional nomination (SA)? I have read somewhere that she can apply with any occupation as I am his immediate family member lives in SA. is that correct? She is preparing for IELTS 6 in each for her occupation..
Thanks for your advise
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by barkertony4
Hi
I want to invite my sister who lives in India. I am a citizen of Australia lives in SA since last 5 yrs. Can she apply on 489 visa with regional nomination (SA)? I have read somewhere that she can apply with any occupation as I am his immediate family member lives in SA. is that correct? She is preparing for IELTS 6 in each for her occupation..
Thanks for your advise
Your sister would need an occupation on the SOL for you to sponsor her. If she has an occupation on the CSOL she may be able to get state sponsorship. She'd also need a valid skills assessment in her occupation, and to meet the points criteria.