Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

489 provisional visa. dont want my spouse in the first apply

489 provisional visa. dont want my spouse in the first apply

Old Jun 14th 2013, 8:48 pm
Banned

luqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 489 provisional visa. dont want my spouse in the first apply

hello all!
bad news for all those who are going to apply from 1st of july and have dependents as for dependents there will be an extra fee charged for each person in the application. same is the case with me. A question, if i do not include my spouse and my kid in a 489 provisional visa application and later own after spending two years in a regional area i get a PR status, would it be possible/easy to bring my wife and my kid to australia so that they can live with me for the rest of the life.

regards
Old Jun 14th 2013, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 489 provisional visa. dont want my spouse in the first apply

Originally Posted by luqmans65
hello all!
bad news for all those who are going to apply from 1st of july and have dependents as for dependents there will be an extra fee charged for each person in the application. same is the case with me. A question, if i do not include my spouse and my kid in a 489 provisional visa application and later own after spending two years in a regional area i get a PR status, would it be possible/easy to bring my wife and my kid to australia so that they can live with me for the rest of the life.

regards
Why on earth would you do that? You would be separated from your family just to postpone a visa fee. It beggars belief.

The cost of the visa later will be more than the fee now anyway.
Old Jun 15th 2013, 4:04 am
Banned

luqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond repute

Short of funds.
Old Jun 15th 2013, 5:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

hello all!

regards
Have a look at the fees for sponsoring your wife and child on a Spouse visa....just as steep.
Old Jun 15th 2013, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute

Short of funds.
If you are so short on funds that you cant afford the visa fees for your wife and child then you will struggle to actually move here and find a job and somewhere to live. It isnt cheap to do at all. I was prepared for it and was still surprised....

My husband and I came across with full employer sponsorship (they paid for our flights, 6 weeks accommodation, car hire, shipping etc) and my husband started work straight away (didnt get first pay until we had been here 6 weeks) and we still got through in the region of (AUD) $10,000 in those first 6-10 weeks for rent bond and first months rent, cost of traveling around house hunting, job hunting for me etc as well all the silly stuff you forget/don't think that you need for 3 months and have packed in the shipping container (kettle, iron and ironing board were mine )
Old Jun 15th 2013, 5:48 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bikergirl
If you are so short on funds that you cant afford the visa fees for your wife and child then you will struggle to actually move here and find a job and somewhere to live. It isnt cheap to do at all. I was prepared for it and was still surprised....

My husband and I came across with full employer sponsorship (they paid for our flights, 6 weeks accommodation, car hire, shipping etc) and my husband started work straight away (didnt get first pay until we had been here 6 weeks) and we still got through in the region of (AUD) $10,000 in those first 6-10 weeks for rent bond and first months rent, cost of traveling around house hunting, job hunting for me etc as well all the silly stuff you forget/don't think that you need for 3 months and have packed in the shipping container (kettle, iron and ironing board were mine )
I could wear crinkly clothes, but I couldn't get by without my cuppa!
Old Jun 15th 2013, 6:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Short of funds.
Well then you need to forget the whole idea.

If you can't afford to pay for secondary applicants then you can't afford to emigrate and you can't afford to maintain two homes whilst you are in Australia and they remain wherever they are.
Old Jun 15th 2013, 10:11 am
Banned

all the money i have is reserved for air tickets, accomodation, food for the first two month while i will be searching for a job. and my processing fee. more than this i dont have.
Old Jun 15th 2013, 10:11 am
Banned

spouse visa? can you refer me to a link where i can have a look at the details.
Old Jun 15th 2013, 10:18 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

spouse visa? can you refer me to a link where i can have a look at the details.
This is the partner visa - http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/part...rtner/309-100/

fees are in the table provided previously (although they may change again in the future obviously)
Old Jun 15th 2013, 12:51 pm
Banned

thank you
Old Jun 15th 2013, 12:52 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

all the money i have is reserved for air tickets, accomodation, food for the first two month while i will be searching for a job. and my processing fee. more than this i dont have.
So what happens if you cannot find a job in the first 2 months?

It does not matter whether you include your family now or not, but you do realise that they will still have to do medicals and your wife will need a police check. Then in a couple of years when you decide to try to sponsor them they will need medicals and police checks again. I also think you are going to have a hard time convincing DIAC later that you and your wife are in a continuing marriage if you leave her and your children off your application

Honestly, as others have said, if you cannot afford to include your family on the application then you should maybe rethink the whole emigration thing. And as a woman/wife/mother, if my husband even thought about suggesting what you plan to do I would have told him to say goodbye to both me and his kids and good riddance!
Old Jun 15th 2013, 12:55 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

thank you
Luqmans, if you decide to go ahead and apply with non-migrating dependants, it may be worth having a chat with an agent to make sure you are not going to run into any issues either with that application, or later on in your journey.

Good luck
OS
Old Jun 15th 2013, 3:57 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Luqmans, if you decide to go ahead and apply with non-migrating dependants, it may be worth having a chat with an agent to make sure you are not going to run into any issues either with that application, or later on in your journey.

Good luck
OS
yes definitely i am thinking about this. anyhow thanks for your guidance and support. meanwhile i am also preparing my documents for canada and on the 24th of this month i will have all my documents ready. had already applied for Australian computer society assessment will get it this month. so lets c where my luck is.