Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

47SP - Non-migrating members of the family unit

47SP - Non-migrating members of the family unit

Old Mar 24th 2018, 1:43 pm
Banned

Lilly23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 47SP - Non-migrating members of the family unit

Hi,

I'm a permanent resident of Australia who is sponsoring my wife for subclass visa 309.

We're having confusion for below answers which my wife has already submitted with form 47SP (online). We think if they're incorrect then we must update to DIBP.

In form 47SP, she (applicant) submitted below answers:

1: Migrating members of the family unit: No
2: Non-migrating members of the family unit: Yes
3: Applicant's Immediate Family Members: Yes

Above in (2) and (3), she mentioned details of her parents and siblings. That is actually she repeated twice the same details.

I now realize that she should have selected No to question 2 above i.e. Non-migrating members of the family unit.

Please note I'm only sponsoring my wife and she is the only applicant.

Given above details, please advise the answer to Question 2 above should be No or Yes? If it should be No, then what next action shall we take?

Also, I notice in her online 47SP immiAccount --> Attach Documents --> Additional documents that her name (applicant), my name (sponsor) and her parents and siblings names are appearing with a message 0 attachments received of 60 maximum. Please see attached snapshot. Please advise if this is normal?

Thanks,
Lilly
Attached Thumbnails 47SP - Non-migrating members of the family unit-2018-03-24_21-37-09.png  
Old Mar 24th 2018, 2:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 47SP - Non-migrating members of the family unit

Originally Posted by Lilly23
Hi,

I'm a permanent resident of Australia who is sponsoring my wife for subclass visa 309.

We're having confusion for below answers which my wife has already submitted with form 47SP (online). We think if they're incorrect then we must update to DIBP.

In form 47SP, she (applicant) submitted below answers:

1: Migrating members of the family unit: No
2: Non-migrating members of the family unit: Yes
3: Applicant's Immediate Family Members: Yes

Above in (2) and (3), she mentioned details of her parents and siblings. That is actually she repeated twice the same details.

I now realize that she should have selected No to question 2 above i.e. Non-migrating members of the family unit.

Please note I'm only sponsoring my wife and she is the only applicant.

Given above details, please advise the answer to Question 2 above should be No or Yes? If it should be No, then what next action shall we take?

Also, I notice in her online 47SP immiAccount --> Attach Documents --> Additional documents that her name (applicant), my name (sponsor) and her parents and siblings names are appearing with a message 0 attachments received of 60 maximum. Please see attached snapshot. Please advise if this is normal?

Thanks,
Lilly
Non-migrating members of the family unit are children and other dependents who are not migrating. NOT parents, siblings etc (unless they are wholly dependent on your wife).

Parents, siblings etc just get listed where details of other family members are asked for. The family unit, as far as migration goes, is just you and your wife.

The reason its asking for documents is because if they are non-migrating family members they would have to supply certain documents. However, they aren't non-migrating family members so the documents are not required and she needs to remove them from that section.
Old Mar 24th 2018, 3:11 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Non-migrating members of the family unit are children and other dependents who are not migrating. NOT parents, siblings etc (unless they are wholly dependent on your wife).

Parents, siblings etc just get listed where details of other family members are asked for. The family unit, as far as migration goes, is just you and your wife.

The reason its asking for documents is because if they are non-migrating family members they would have to supply certain documents. However, they aren't non-migrating family members so the documents are not required and she needs to remove them from that section.
Thanks Pollyana. After going through your post, I understand that it's a mistake to say YES for Non-migrating members of the family unit in 47SP in my wife's case (applicant).

It can't be removed from the application as the application is submitted. However, I see in immiAccount that there is an option under "Update Details" section saying "Notification of incorrect answer(s)". Is this the right (and only) place to provide correct details? and notify DIBP?

Please advise.

Thanks.
Lilly.
Old Mar 24th 2018, 3:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lilly23
Thanks Pollyana. After going through your post, I understand that it's a mistake to say YES for Non-migrating members of the family unit in 47SP in my wife's case (applicant).

It can't be removed from the application as the application is submitted. However, I see in immiAccount that there is an option under "Update Details" section saying "Notification of incorrect answer(s)". Is this the right (and only) place to provide correct details? and notify DIBP?

Please advise.

Thanks.
Lilly.
Yes, you need to notify them its an incorrect answer so they can be removed
Old Mar 24th 2018, 3:53 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yes, you need to notify them its an incorrect answer so they can be removed
Thanks a lot Pollyana for your help.