47SK Stoopid Question

Old Apr 7th 2004, 9:02 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default 47SK Stoopid Question

I've read all the guidance notes and what have you and thought that Part F of form 47SK "Details of other family members" was only interested in dependants. But the fact it says you have to write 'deceased' in the country of residence column makes me think it should be all family members (sharp, me).
Is this section for parents, siblings, etc, whether migrating too or not?
Cheers.
Old Apr 7th 2004, 9:24 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 47SK Stoopid Question

Originally posted by wmoore
I've read all the guidance notes and what have you and thought that Part F of form 47SK "Details of other family members" was only interested in dependants. But the fact it says you have to write 'deceased' in the country of residence column makes me think it should be all family members (sharp, me).
Is this section for parents, siblings, etc, whether migrating too or not?
Cheers.
yep you got it
Old Apr 7th 2004, 9:26 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by biggy
yep you got it
Cheers.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

I haven't got quite this far yet but I am thinking about starting to fill in the forms while waiting for my skills assessment.

I would like to know how detailed this needs to be. I am the only child of only children (my father had a sister but she died in the 1940's, may be difficult to get information on her as she's not talked about by my grandmother, I only found out her existance when my grandfather died 8 years ago). Would I need to include my grandparents brothers and sisters (or even my grandparents). Would I also need to include my fathers new wife (they married when I was 18).

Thanks

Anne
Old Apr 8th 2004, 10:43 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally posted by spottydog
I haven't got quite this far yet but I am thinking about starting to fill in the forms while waiting for my skills assessment.
Me too actually.
I would like to know how detailed this needs to be. I am the only child of only children (my father had a sister but she died in the 1940's, may be difficult to get information on her as she's not talked about by my grandmother, I only found out her existance when my grandfather died 8 years ago). Would I need to include my grandparents brothers and sisters (or even my grandparents). Would I also need to include my fathers new wife (they married when I was 18).

Thanks

Anne
I thought it only had to be parents, your siblings and your partner's siblings? I wasn't planning on including uncles - especially as I have a couple of uncles with iffy pasts.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Me too actually.

I thought it only had to be parents, your siblings and your partner's siblings? I wasn't planning on including uncles - especially as I have a couple of uncles with iffy pasts.
That's what I thought but I thought it would be better to confirm. I guess we need to include my partners brother in law and my fathers wife even though they're not blood relatives.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

That's what I thought but I thought it would be better to confirm. I guess we need to include my partners brother in law and my fathers wife even though they're not blood relatives.

yep all we supplied were my parents des parents and brothers and sisters and our children

arlene
Old Apr 8th 2004, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

HugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura about

Me too actually.

I thought, parents (inc. steps), siblings (inc. steps / half and adopted) and children (inc. from previous relationships dependant or not), for you and your partner.
(I will need to do a continuation page when I get to fill in mine!!!)

HB x
Old Apr 8th 2004, 8:56 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally posted by HugoB
I thought, parents (inc. steps), siblings (inc. steps / half and adopted) and children (inc. from previous relationships dependant or not), for you and your partner.
(I will need to do a continuation page when I get to fill in mine!!!)

HB x
Cheers. That's the conclusion I've come to too (tootoo)
Old Apr 9th 2004, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

loupyloutoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers. That's the conclusion I've come to too (tootoo)

Its just a blooming shame I can't work out whether to include the fact the Husband is adopted and his birth Mother has other children that she didn't give up for adoption! GGGRRRR...I mean it is conceivable isn't it, that we wouldn't know who they were....DIMIA wouldn't expect a person who is adopted to suddenly track down their biological family just to fill out the application would they???? Husband has no contact with them anyway.....
Old Apr 9th 2004, 11:48 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally posted by loupyloutoo
Its just a blooming shame I can't work out whether to include the fact the Husband is adopted and his birth Mother has other children that she didn't give up for adoption! GGGRRRR...I mean it is conceivable isn't it, that we wouldn't know who they were....DIMIA wouldn't expect a person who is adopted to suddenly track down their biological family just to fill out the application would they???? Husband has no contact with them anyway.....
Surely not? That would just be ridiculous.
Maybe one of the experts can help on this one?
Old Apr 9th 2004, 12:20 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Surely not? That would just be ridiculous.
Maybe one of the experts can help on this one?
not an expert, but for our application I put down several step sisters, putting in what details I knew (which was not much) and '??'s for bits I didn't. I also put a note that I had no contact with them for X yrs.

We have not been asked for further info. As I gather they are interested in the possiblity of other people who may emigrate to Oz using you eg as a sponsor.